1.2 Ongoing Bugs List

+
Also, minor one. There's now an empty file on Vs computer in act 1. Am still in act 1
It happened to me too. I tried many times to open it, without success.
Post automatically merged:

Evelyn's handbag is stuck clipping through her hand after the quest The Information.

Can't get Eddies from hacking the Militech shard you get from Meredith Stout.
I'm playing the game on PC and I noticed these bugs as well. I'm also having a hard time picking up some things, like money or a pack of cards.

Last edited:
I'm getting more FPS drops, especially during combat. Prior to 1.2 my game runs buttery smooth. I've set the graphic settings to Optimal from Geforce Experience. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD 5600x
GPU: RTX 3070 OC
RAM: 16 GB
SCREEN RESOLUTION: 3440 x 1440

I profiled my GPU while playing the game and noticed that the VRAM usage has increased. I had to turn off the screen space reflections setting in order to make the game playable because the FPS drops on an ultrawide monitor really makes your head go dizzy.

I'm getting more FPS drops, especially during combat. Prior to 1.2 my game runs buttery smooth. I've set the graphic settings to Optimal from Geforce Experience. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD 5600x
GPU: RTX 3070 OC
RAM: 16 GB
SCREEN RESOLUTION: 3440 x 1440

I profiled my GPU while playing the game and noticed that the VRAM usage has increased. I had to turn off the screen space reflections setting in order to make the game playable because the FPS drops on an ultrawide monitor really makes your head go dizzy.

I've noticed some strange FPS drops, I've been using DLSS Auto which was working fine 60fps regardless of the area as soon as I loaded the game up, but after a while of playing the same areas are slowly dropping in FPS gradually making the game feel choppy.

For example:

- V's apartment

- Lizzie's Bar

- All Foods

- Kabuki

- Arasaka Waterfront

So it's not really based on NPC and Traffic density change, I think it's slowly building up to a full reinstall to see if it makes a difference.

For posterity, the Militech Datashard is not working anymore, no eddies are received.

EDIT:

Based on Sharma_Salsa' suggestion, after hacking the Militech chip, go into your backpack and there's an option to transfer the money off the chip.

So it's working :D.

Last edited:
The car radio plays when it wants, and when you change the station it stops listening for a long time, without you having turned it off.

Movement speed stat still can't be increased past 5. Tested this by equipping a mod for clothes that should increase movement speed by 19. Went into character screen and it's still sitting at 5.
It takes 100 "movement speed" to increase the stat by 1.
So a +19 does make it 5.19, just it doesn't show decimals.

NEW TAKEMURA BUG IN 'DOWN ON THE STREET'
After the docks scene I chose not to go with Takemura to Wakako and side tracked to the gigs, doing a LOT of gigs; 10+ hours of gameplay later I decided to go back to the mission and found the bug.
I went to Wakako, but Takemura was nowhere to be seen; took me a while to think about this, but I went back to the docks and there he was, frozen.
He still says some things when I throw grenades, but doesn't move at all. Found no work around and though someone might have.

During the quest "tapeworm" where Johnny took V to a motel in Pacifica, V got up from the floor and finished dialogue with Johnny and the UI reappeared, right? And then the HINTs showed (I toggled it off a long time ago), and those hints CAN'T BE TOGGLED OFF (B draw weapon. R reload. Q melee attack. etc). I tried multiple times in the interface menu but no use. I loaded from an earlier save and played again, the hints showed at the same point of the game.

NEW TAKEMURA BUG IN 'DOWN ON THE STREET'
After the docks scene I chose not to go with Takemura to Wakako and side tracked to the gigs, doing a LOT of gigs; 10+ hours of gameplay later I decided to go back to the mission and found the bug.
I went to Wakako, but Takemura was nowhere to be seen; took me a while to think about this, but I went back to the docks and there he was, frozen.
He still says some things when I throw grenades, but doesn't move at all. Found no work around and though someone might have.

I mentioned the same bug eariler in the topic. "Good" to now I'm not the only one so maybe some solution will be found.

It takes 100 "movement speed" to increase the stat by 1.
So a +19 does make it 5.19, just it doesn't show decimals.

Another thing in need of a fix, it's quite confusing.

Wilson the weapon seller still calling V after you leave "2nd Amendment". Like, i'm already on the elevator and he keeps yelling "wait, don't go, you're breaking my heart!"... Ok man, you feel lonely, i get it, but there's no reason to let everyone in the district know.

Last edited:
So it's not really based on NPC and Traffic density change, I think it's slowly building up to a full reinstall to see if it makes a difference.
Did you reinstall before new playthrough? Do you mean several reinstalments might be beneficial during same playthrough on same patch?

Another thing in need of a fix, it's quite confusing.

Wilson the weapon seller still calling V after you leave "2nd Amendment". Like, i'm already on the elevator and he keeps yelling "wait, don't go, you're breaking my heart!"... Ok man, you feel lonely, i get it, but there's no reason to let everyone in the district know.
Not just Wilson, most vendors even if you buy from them have a goodbye/f*ck off saying. I wish they'd take these out

Another one: as a Street Kid, V shouldn't be able to teleport to Glen in chapter 1. It can break the game in many ways, and you're not supposed to, since Watson is on lockdown...

Since 1.2, I can't upgrade items anymore. The button is there, I have the required components, but the button does nothing. This applies to old saves as well as new saves started with 1.2. This (again) is game-breaking bad.
Figured it out. It's only broken if your resolution is 1280x720. Still a nasty bug.

A bug about inventory system. Before the mission "Nocturne Op55N1" , The "OVERWATCH" was in my inventory. When into the Viktor's Clinic, the "OVERWATCH" disappeared from the inventory list...

Got a few more:

Small clothing/equip bug in Playing For Time - when V comes to in the shower all items of clothing that you had on during The Heist cannot be equipped properly (V remains naked), similar to the bug after using Dakota's ice bath in We Gotta Live Together, this one was only fixed with a reload of a save game though.

V now stands after attacking with a knife if they are crouched, I can no longer sneak around bases shanking everyone quiet-like.

Some mine laser tripwires are now invisible(!)

Last edited:
Did you reinstall before new playthrough? Do you mean several reinstalments might be beneficial during same playthrough on same patch?

Not just Wilson, most vendors even if you buy from them have a goodbye/f*ck off saying. I wish they'd take these out
Actually I just reinstalled just before going to the All Foods. Tested a bit before going and a lot of stuff was improved comparing to before reinstall but in all foods the fps are dropping like crazy. Might it be changes specific to quests/zones that are the cause?

I haven't reinstalled since I got the game in December, I always verify the file integrity after every patch, thinking it's enough, but maybe a complete reinstall would help.

Dunno...

Top Bottom