1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
Can confirm. This seems to happen most often when upgrading a Rare Iconic to an Epic, and then upgrading that Epic to Legendary. It always seems to CTD on the Epic > Legendary upgrade.

Is it possible that the game isn't properly registering the player "owns" that Epic Iconic without exiting the menu?

A semi-reliable workaround is to move to some different part of the menu after crafting. Obviously should be fixed by CDPR hopefully sooner rather than later, but I've managed to avoid crashes this way. I think it is not 100% effective, but most of the time works.

Well what do you know? That issue that appeared with Nvidia cards immediately after an Nvidia update, that Nvidia then acknowledged ... has been fixed by Nvidia with another Nvidia update! So the original advice - to wait for an Nvidia fix - was sound after all and, I think, undeserving of doubt in the circumstances.

1.6 The view inside cars is way too over-exposed with RT on, during sunny days, compared to other camera modes. And the upper car frame disappears for a split second, every now and then, while driving.

photomode_16102022_024504.png

Haven't checked all 30 pages of this topic, but disappointed to find that numerous bugs I reported just after 1.5 still exist - these are on Series X:

Hair shadows still bugged, female hair options 1 and 2 look to be switched. Sometimes we go back to good old bald V shadow too.

In Ghost Town and beyond, Panam insists on walking around with an invisible sniper rifle.

View attachment 11324435

Dashboard lights at nighttime seem to display incorrectly; first noticed with Quadras (gradient edges appear blocky) but I also noticed this whilst riding in Panam's Thorton too. Does not seem to be an issue with most other car types.

Also noted Cpl. William Hare's shotgun is invisible!

Johnny's placement in Automatic Love, particularly in the VIP area seems erratic. In 1.5 he would lean in thin air, sometimes not appear at all, and currently he's wanting to appear and start talking in Tom's booth before I even open the door.

Various other things like contextual sounds not occuring; kicking doors in, car doors, etc.

Yeah Panam's "holding gun" arms happened to me as well on PC. Same exact spot too.

Also had Johnny appearing in Tom's booth.

Think Hare's gun is still invisible sometimes too.

Sadly, I didn't report any of those bugs because they were hit or miss for me (I'm one of those people who reloads saves until the anomaly stops happening). At the moment I'm only reporting bugs that would always happen no matter what I do but next time I see it I'll try to flag it up...
Post automatically merged:

Is no one else seeing this bug during "For Whom the Bell Tolls"? (Quest where you choose Rogue for the final mission).

Last edited:
Well what do you know? That issue that appeared with Nvidia cards immediately after an Nvidia update, that Nvidia then acknowledged ... has been fixed by Nvidia with another Nvidia update! So the original advice - to wait for an Nvidia fix - was sound after all and, I think, undeserving of doubt in the circumstances.

My doubt is more on that CDPR's coding is somehow "free of sin" so to speak. The original RT excessive bloom issue happened after a Cyberpunk patch, not after a driver update. The latest driver update aggravated an issue that already has existed for over a year for some players to affect most (?) Nvidia card owners. I'm not quite sure how prevalent this was, but at least it was a lot more widespread than the older issue judging by the noise generated.

My doubt is more on that CDPR's coding is somehow "free of sin" so to speak. The original RT excessive bloom issue happened after a Cyberpunk patch, not after a driver update. The latest driver update aggravated an issue that already has existed for over a year for some players to affect most (?) Nvidia card owners.
Sure, absolutely, CDPR's sins could be to blame for this issue. But who is actually to blame for a bug, is I think a moot point. All companies take the same stance - if another company's update broke it, then they fix it, or rollback their changes. It's an uphill battle for the company that is trying to say "no we're doing things correctly in this update, it's you that needs to change your code". Whether they're right or not, if the other company doesn't change their code, people will still blame the update, and will expect the company that shipped the update to fix it.

So I don't know when this bug started happening, which is why I'll post it here, but it's probably been in the game since launch.

The Synaptic Accelerator cyberware will interfere with Sandestivan operating systems, canceling them early.

The bug causes the player to need to remember to uninstall the Synaptic Accelerator each time they decide to install a Sandy. If they forget to do this, they will find that their Sandy will end after 2/3/4 seconds (the length of your Synaptic Accelerator's Time Dilation). It seems that whatever method the Synaptic Accelerator uses to cancel it's Time Dilation, also cancels Sandy. I know that this cannot be the intended behavior because the Sandy duration timer (appearing next to the health bar) will still be counting down when this happens. The game still thinks the Sandy is still engaged, and then after that timer runs out, the cooldown timer starts.

So effectively, this bug causes your Sandy to exit early AND you'll have to wait for the duration timer AND the cooldown timer to both expire before you'll be able to use it again.

This also happens if the player has a Reflex Tuner installed, however it doesn't happen as often because in order for the bug to trigger, the player's health must drop below 25%. That may not happen all the time if the player has perks that help raise Armor or restore HP on successful blade attacks (for example). However, it definitely will cause Sandestivan to exit early if their Reflex Tuner becomes active. Once the Reflex Tuner's Time Dilation is canceled, the Sandestivan Time Dilation will also exit. I think all of these Cyberwares should be completely disabled while Sandestivan is active.

This does not happen with Kerenzikov as it seems to be simply disabled while Sandy is active (seems correct). However if you activate Kerenzikov and THEN attempt to activate Sandy... the Sandy will be canceled when the Kerenzikov cancels and you'll need to wait for the cooldown to complete. Seems like both these technologies need to be independent of one and other. Neither Kerenz nor Sandy should be able to activate while the other is being used.
*This can cause a different bug of it's own. If you cause the bug that I just described, it's possible that you'll need to wait for 2x the Sandestivan cooldown timers. I don't know how it makes that this is happening.

I hope that CDPR will look into this stuff. It would NOT be difficult to fix. Simply some code in these cyberwares that would check "If not Sandestivan==true then activate". That could be done in a single line of code.

Last edited:
I'd like to also add thay of recently ram into a bug that my quick hack menu does NOT display at all no matter what I look at... also stoll dealing with a bug that location for missions like doors and ppl and NCPD and gig locations don't load for at least like 30-60 seconds after I get there... and I'll end up being right in the middle of everybody. Also the ground pr road will disappear and it's like I'm driving in water

Could you please finally fix the issue that the apply button doesn't show up when switching presets? Benchmark comparisons on YouTube are starting to become a total mess.

Could you please finally fix the issue that the apply button doesn't show up when switching presets? Benchmark comparisons on YouTube are starting to become a total mess.
I think this is worthy of a look. I've discovered that it's even worse than the Apply button not being there:

1.) Presets don't appear to be working correctly even on a completely clean installation. Basically, if you make a change, the program does not seem to register when those changes require a restart. The result...apparently (I'm basing this on what I've personally seen)...is that it simply does not affect the change. Even though the settings will change in the menu -- they will not be applied to the game.

2.) The only way I've found to ensure that the settings I want are being used is to manually set every option, one-by-one, then exit to Windows and restart the game. That way, I can ensure that all settings will be applied. If I don't take this step, there are some settings that do not seem to register even after a restart.

3.) I strongly, strongly recommend that people do not use both DLSS and FSR at the same time. I can promise you that they are not working together nicely. At all. I don't even want to go into the performance issues I was seeing on my end with both enabled, just to test.

Also -- caveat:

Even though I'm highlighting that issue above, I still have no issue running the game with things set up properly. Getting a rock-solid 48 FPS across the board running 1080p, full Ray Tracing at Ultra, Lighting and Reflections jacked up to Cyberpsycho. That's on a Ryzen 5600X, RTX 3060, and 16 GB RAM. The only issue I have is shadow flicker, which seems almost exclusively limited to the bushes in the Badlands.

Last edited:
A few more old (already reported) bugs I'm seeing in my 1.6 playthrough;

That damn truck horn in With A Little Help From My Friends still blares constantly after the Militech convoy ambush.

Scorpion's car in I'll Fly Away is still completely silent; no sound when it goes over the bridge, and no explosion sound either. I think this little quest needs a bit of attention, it's rushed and wonky from beginning to end; missing contextual animations and sounds that are present in other areas of the game but those assets just aren't used here for reasons.

V has a missing voice line ("what's the situation with the Cyberpsychosis research?") when meeting Regina to complete Psycho Killer. Been missing since 1.5 if not before.

edit: missed one.

In Double Life, Judy has a screwdriver (?) floating in her hand, it stays all the way through until after she shows you the second Braindance. Kind of ruins the impact of the initial scene. Also, in the first Braindance when Evelyn is talking to Brigitte, she (Ev) has a Militech M10AF Lexington floating in her hand. Both of these present since 1.5., perhaps before.

Last edited:

AlienSpaceBats,​

and the wheels of that truck start rolling when you click the right mouse button or tab (can't remember), while the truck is parked and the horn is blaring. As soon as you release that button, the wheels stop rolling.​

In the main job, "Lightning Breaks", Johnny's voice lines are still timed/triggered wrong. You know, when you overcharge each terminal, it is clear that Johnny is supposed to say three voice lines, one after each terminal, but they only start playing after V and Panam are already driving away from the power station.

Is this a normal overlay for mirror reflections? Zoom in to see the pattern all over the character. The screenshots I've seen don't have it.
Post automatically merged:

SigilFey,​

Regarding your benchmarks. I get the same 48.80 fps AVG and 38.40 MIN with Psycho/DLSS Quality, OR 53.40 AVG and 40.80 MIN with Ulrta/DLSS Quality in benchmarks. RT ON. I haven't figured out which one is more prefferable. I also have a 60 fps NVIDIA Global FPS cap. Latest divers.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.10.18 - 19.28.11.91.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.10.18 - 19.28.11.91.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Is this a normal overlay for mirror reflections? Zoom in to see the pattern all over the character. The screenshots I've seen don't have it.
I don't know why, some mirrors have this, somes don't :(
(the one in the konpeki room have, the one in the No Tell Motel don't)

Yes, it's normal. It should be on the mirror at the apartment, at least. I'm 90% sure it's on the one in Dex's room at the No Tell. Can't say I've stopped to look in other mirrors.

@SigilFey,​

Regarding your benchmarks. I get the same 48.80 fps AVG and 38.40 MIN with Psycho/DLSS Quality, OR 53.40 AVG and 40.80 MIN with Ulrta/DLSS Quality in benchmarks. RT ON. I haven't figured out which one is more prefferable. I also have a 60 fps NVIDIA Global FPS cap. Latest divers.
Try your current settings, DLSS, Borderless mode, Vsync off, frame cap on at 48 in-game. That works flawlessly for me on Windows 11. Frames stay at 48 without any issue. (Their might be the occassional, super-rare scene where they dip toward 40 for a few seconds at most, but shoot me if I can tell when it happens.)

Also, what resolution are you using? Dropping to 1080p from 1440p gave me about 15 FPS.

Are the legendary quickhacks supposed to alert the enemies when used or when uploading their passive associated daemons? Or it is a bug? The enemies go into high alert (looking for you, but still don't know where you are) if you upload a legendary quickhack's daemon during a breach protocol or if you use a stealth quickhack like Reboot Optics. For instance, using legendary Ping and Reboot Optics, both covert hacks, trigger enemies. It really blows stealth hack builds.

Are the legendary quickhacks supposed to alert the enemies when used or when uploading their passive associated daemons? Or it is a bug? The enemies go into high alert (looking for you, but still don't know where you are) if you upload a legendary quickhack's daemon during a breach protocol or if you use a stealth quickhack like Reboot Optics. For instance, using legendary Ping and Reboot Optics, both covert hacks, trigger enemies. It really blows stealth hack builds.
Ping, Optic Reboot or System Reset don't by their own. But "combined" with passive effects from other legendary QHs which alert enemies (like cripple movment), they can. Not by their own, but because a passive effect is also applied afterward by other legendary QHs.
For example :
Legendary Cripple Movement > Passive while equipped: enemies under the effect of any quickhack cannot sprint.
So if you use Ping, which obviously apply a QH effect on all enemies, Cripple Movement passive effect will also be applied at the same time and enemies will be alerted.
The same for :
Sonic Shock > Passive While Equipped: enemies under the effects of any quickhack are cut off from the local network, preventing them from communicating with their allies.

So if you play stealth, be sure to unequip all the "offensive" QHs which add additional effects automatically.

Last edited:
Top Bottom