2019 DEMO was telling the truth, you just didn't listen.

+
That's the thing. They allow you to choose any ending from a certain point instead of locking you out of certain endings
depending on your choices. I'm sure they did this so people could save scum and see all different endings.

Curiously though, if choose for instance corpo lifepath and act like a corpo in all situations you will end up with a corpo
ending. This holds true to all other life paths.
Yes, and I actually want that celebrity lifepath. unsure why it was cut in the first place.

But they didn't address in the deep dive that the former material was just made up promotional material so of course people expected the 2018 content to be in the game. They should have disclosed that the development had taken a different turn.

In a demo they show what the game could be like it is obvious that things can change during the course of the work. And as far as I know in the demo in 2018 they pointed out. Personally I am satisfied with the work of CD, leaving out some things that can and must be improved such as AI

there's this

yeah its not this. Guess i'm mixing it up. Hrmm it is hard to remember it clearly 2-3 years ago. But nevermind, maybe i was wrong.
Post automatically merged:

Actually theres one more flawed after viewing the Deep Dive video again.

The vendor purchase.
in the video.
> There is a feature in the shop that does "Special Offer, get it within the time limit"
*The game doesnt' even have it. RNG it like it bitch

Last edited:
hmmmm could no longer find the screen, prolly mixed memories about it. cause felt like few years ago there 1 more lifepath option before game releases

This was probably from the tabletop RPG, they released a cyberpunk TT rpg around the same time as the game. In that one they have lifepaths like Rockerboy and Media, which are both celebreties.

he is saying the same thing. Notice he says you CAN take that through the whole game, then says, "really its up to you" and you can pick questing to support those main paths. "of course you can mix and match any way they want" This is accurate. The guy after him reiterates, that you can basically switch and do the corpo related content as a streetkid.

basically he is saying the life path is the origin, and you can follow that origin story through the game, but if you want to, you can do it all, or mix and match.

so like all the nomad stuff outside of main story, is the nomad path. But a corpo can get in game, decide they like the nomads, and do all the nomad stuff and end up with a nomad ending. You can't get the nomad ending without doing the extra nomad stuff. You won't get the same exact corpo ending if you aren't doing the corpo quests loyally. there really isn't a street kid path. There's like a sex worker friend path(maybe this is street?), but no act3 for it. and a johnnyfan path.

Basically they created 3 main versions of the story, based on lifepaths, but then instead of locking you out, you can choose to do the associated content. Its really exactly as he describes it. I can see how people would get confused, but its not that simple to express, that the lifepaths are starting points, you can follow through out the game, or you can do other path content, and they are the main themes/stories throughout the game.

Man, this is a whole new level of mirror climbing

I don't even know what mirror climbing is.

Believe whatever you want
You're just going out of your way to defend even the objectively impossible
And that is exactly like trying to climb a mirror.

Believe what you want, but stop crying if people aknowledge the fact that this game HAS issues and serious ones too.
I don't care if the demo was telling the truth or not, all I care is that the game was not delivered as it should be: at least not until they fix their physics and their goddamm AI!
Yeah, pedestrians now stare at you with concerned expressions when you point a gun at them WHAT AN INCREDIBLE IMPROVEMENT!
Just read what you all lot say, for Heaven's sake!
Where's enemy variety? Where's a truly engaging hack system that doesn't need me to rely on broken mechanics to have some fun? Where's the real gunplay if all I have to shoot at is a bunch of soulless dummies and one single category of weapons is the best and most broken in the entire game (tech)?
Where's the corrupt police? Where are the chase scenes, the Max-Tac operatives gliding from the sky to kick my ass? Do I really have to mention the teleporting cops? IN AN IMMERSIVE NARRATIVE DRIVEN RPG GAME?
I don't even care about food animations, that's just shit for toddlers and journalists.
What I care about is that in 2020-21, it shouldn't be considered a tantrum to expect a have a triple A game to respect its production standards, come out at the right time and not having to rely on monthly patches to fix what has been an undeniably buggy mess for the first 2 months after release
And to some people it still is, to this day.

The story is awesome? I KNOW AND I LOVE IT FOR THAT!
The characters are deep and engaging? GOOD, I DIDN'T EXPECT LESS FROM CDPR!
The themes are treated rightly? PERFECT!
The game is fun overall? YES IT IS!
The choices matter? Maybe not as I had liked to, but I can still well enjoy the story!

BUT THAT DOES NOT ERASE THE AFOREMENTIONED TRAIN-WRECK THAT WAS THIS GAME AT LAUNCH! And it starts feeling quite bad to see CDPR just fixing the bugs, but still not giving a damn crap about their AI development, other than occasional tweaks, and that awful police system that completely breaks the immersion the whole game is based upon!

It would also be nice to see them use more fantasy with their enemy types: netrunners, for instance, are a letdown. Overheating and spotting you? Cool, but it still feels a bit weird to use "short circuit", "reboot optics" or "contagion" without having them fight back on the same groud, isn't it?! After all, with all the monsters they threw at us in The Witcher series, enemy design should have been the least of their concerns, right?
And before someone here starts calling me out about "enemy variety not being told about in the demo", or "gunplay not being that important in an RPG" then I'd like to ask you a question, valid for every other topic in my comment: DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO SHOW IN A DEMO SUCH INTUITIVE FEATURES? OR IS IT LEGIT TO EXPECT THEM TO BE IN THE FINAL PRODUCT? That didn't seem so unreasonable, did it?

And the Net, so great, so big, so wasted.
Look I get that the Net was shutdown after the events of Cuberpunk RED and it cannot be ued anymore like in 2020, but jeez: give us at least some actual sidequests to do in what remains of a broken Matrix-like internet (anyway I understand that this last feature could have been a bit too much to expect from the trailers/demos, but still, it would feel bitter to not seeing it exploited, maybe in the future dlc's)

Now, I hope I've clarified my point: I like the game, the game is awesome, but it has flaws, and to hide behind a demo trailer, calling out other people for over-hyping, even when their critiques are legit is something just as immature.

Good day, this is probably my last comment on this section: I've said everything I needed to say so please, do not drag me into an argument. You'd just prove my point.

Last edited:
Wrote the truth about the whole hype here:

There are a lot of naive people who don't listen or don't analize what is really being said. The major problem and one that has been since the beginning of gaming industry is the gaming journalists who say everything possible to get a viewer to read his article.

Sad but true.

There are a lot of naive people who don't listen or don't analize what is really being said. The major problem and one that has been since the beginning of gaming industry is the gaming journalists who say everything possible to get a viewer to read his article.

Sad but true.

Also extends to games companies saying anything possible to get customers to buy their games. Can we stop making excuses for the deceivers while at the same time blaming the victims of said deceit and actually start holding people to account for the claims they make and the things they say? Human beings, as social animals, are naturally trusting, societies are built on this fact. Those who abuse that trust are the ones with the problem and we should stop being so quick to defend such behaviour because it suits our personal agendas.

Also extends to games companies saying anything possible to get customers to buy their games. Can we stop making excuses for the deceivers while at the same time blaming the victims of said deceit and actually start holding people to account for the claims they make and the things they say? Human beings, as social animals, are naturally trusting, societies are built on this fact. Those who abuse that trust are the ones with the problem and we should stop being so quick to defend such behaviour because it suits our personal agendas.

I have a hard time believing anyone actually thinks the way the launch was delivered was the right way of doing things, but responsibility is a two way street in this case, and conflating the issue in general on both sides is unproductive.

Do you honestly think the hate CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 in general receives is warranted and based purely on facts and reasonable criticism?

Do you honestly think the hate CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 in general is warranted?

No, and I never said anything that could be construed as such, but it does not excuse the fact that the launch was a sham. I see a lot of excuses being made on CDPR's behalf and a lot of sympathy being expressed for their plight, but at they end of the day, they are a corporate enterprise that was happy to take people's money and then let those customers down in spectacular fashion, showing arrogance and contempt for their customers in the process.

No, and I never said anything that could be construed as such, but it does not excuse the fact that the launch was a sham. I see a lot of excuses being made on CDPR's behalf and a lot of sympathy being expressed for their plight, but at they end of the day, they are a corporate enterprise that was happy to take people's money and then let those customers down in spectacular fashion, showing arrogance and contempt for their customers in the process.
You should read the points made. Absolute most of the hype was generated by game journalists, but they are firstly a holy cow like all journalists and secondly they are not represented on any forum as a whole like Cyberpunk is here.

Devs said one thing and journalists twisted it and changed it into another.

There are bugs and that can definitely be blamed on the CDPR.

The way I see it is people having reasonable debates about the way the marketing worked, whether it was truthful or not.

I really don't see people disputing the shambles the entire launch was or people claiming that CDPR did the right thing.

People are just pointing out that a lot of the criticism and outrage is based on misconstrued claims taken out of context and inflated by the media to generate revenue, which to me seems about right.

As for CDPR being just like any other conglomerate that is just up for profit at the disregard of the customer, I don't know, it would seem that it's partly true based purely on this launch.

But going by their track record, I personally am willing to give them a chance, buggy or not, their games have heart and soul behind them and I'd like more content from this developer.

Devs said one thing and journalists twisted it and changed it into another.
From my experience in the game press: publishers always keep track of publications. If the press got something wrong, the publisher contacts them and clarifies the situation. If the press made a mistake and the publisher didn't correct it, it means that the publisher decided to use the mistake to promote their product.

If you see misleading statements by CDPR or any other company in the press, it means the studio wanted players to believe those statements.

Last edited:
You should read the points made. Absolute most of the hype was generated by game journalists, but they are firstly a holy cow like all journalists and secondly they are not represented on any forum as a whole like Cyberpunk is here.

I have read the points made. I have also read what CDPR said about the game before release. Since CDPR are the ones who are responsible for the game, it is them that I lay the blame with for its shocking state, not "gaming journalists" which, these days, are nothing more than your average forum poster who happens to have a platform to get their agenda across.

I have read the points made. I have also read what CDPR said about the game before release. Since CDPR are the ones who are responsible for the game, it is them that I lay the blame with for its shocking state, not "gaming journalists" which, these days, are nothing more than your average forum poster who happens to have a platform to get their agenda across.

This is a very good point, but as much as I'd blame CDPR for being vague and/or hyping up the game with vague statements I too blame the media for inflating those vague statements with make belief like ''Acid Rain'' has acid in the name must be dangerous for the player - headline Cyberpunk will have survival mechanics => OMG CDPR LIED CUT CONTENT. But then again CDPR didn't dispute most of these statements so part of the blame falls on them.

The thing is, I'm unsure how this works, but is even CDPR's job to dispute any of these bloggers at all when they speculate about the mechanics and gameplay options in general?

Top Bottom