3 Cyberpunk games under development

+
Take YT with a grain of salt, esp now because it seems there's a problem regarding how different people interpret the direct translations that even native polish speakers are as confused as we are atm. The direct translations from the articles that served as a source for the youtubers were no help as well it seems. All we can do is speculate from what we do know from the announcements: that they have more than 1 team working on the CP title and that there's another announced IP in the works unknown if it's related to CP or not.

i really need to stop watching those shitty mad queen videos, she often doesn't care about fact checking before posting another hype video

i guess this is the result
With her latest video, she apparently hasn't come to terms with getting news from a contaminated source and seems to think three AAA Cyberpunk games are still in development. :shrug:

With her latest video, she apparently hasn't come to terms with getting news from a contaminated source and seems to think three AAA Cyberpunk games are still in development. :shrug:
Yeah, I agree with her. Those "contaminated sources" were present at CDPR's conference and they are saying and QUOTING exactly same thing that Kicinski said.

But I guess CDPR fanboys will believe only what CDPR says. No way that they would try to cover something that they didn't want public to know. Even though it's so obvious.

They want to control the hype, let people think only about Cyberpunk 2077 and not jump ahead and ask questions about multiplayer and the other AAA RPG that is supposed to come out by 2021 so there is no way that those three teams are all working only at Cyberpunk 2077 if they want to release similar sized game a year later.

:shrug:

Yeah, I agree with her. Those "contaminated sources" were present at CDPR's conference and they are saying and QUOTING exactly same thing that Kicinski said.

But I guess CDPR fanboys will believe only what CDPR says. No way that they would try to cover something that they didn't want public to know. Even though it's so obvious.

They want to control the hype, let people think only about Cyberpunk 2077 and not jump ahead and ask questions about multiplayer and the other AAA RPG that is supposed to come out by 2021 so there is no way that those three teams are all working only at Cyberpunk 2077 if they want to release similar sized game a year later.

:shrug:
OK, A) Soooo not one of these alleged "CDPR fanboys"; I never got the near worship of any of the Witcher games some people display, they were just never my thing. I'm strictly here for the Cyberpunk. And B) What you and MadQueen are experiencing is rampant wishful thinking and some denial of facts presented.

This is fine, however...dare to dream! Just don't be too disappointed when what you're dreaming about doesn't come true. With a game as reportedly big as Cyberpunk 2077 is and the pressure that not only are outside forces placing on them to deliver the goods, but the internal pressure they're putting on themselves? Having three teams to polish everything in time for release early next year doesn't sound implausible to me. In fact, I'm kinda surprised all five teams aren't all hands on deck to relieve some of the inevitable crunch time. :cool:

You want facts? Alright.

Here's translation from polish speaking guy https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/c8pg8k
Here's article from journalists who were presented at CDPR's conference:
https://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/CD...nk-2077-prezes-7699919.html#boxArticleComment

And here is another one:
https://www.spidersweb.pl/2019/07/cdp-red-cyberpunk-2-cyberpunk-2078.html

So according to others - polish journalists don't understand polish company CDPR and what they said on conference? And who's fault it is? Google Translator's? Journalist's that were on the conference? Or did really CDPR said something they didn't want public to know?

Then there is techradar who asked about the work on sequels:
https://www.techradar.com/news/cd-projekt-red-has-not-one-but-three-cyberpunk-games-on-the-way

But guess what? CDPR didn't answer.

[Update: Surprising no-one, CD Projekt RED has refused to officially confirm whether or not any future Cyberpunk titles are on the cards.

If you're not stupid or blind, you can clearly see that they want to sweep all this under the rug and make people talk just about Cyberpunk 2077. And if you also want to tell me that no one is working on the AAA RPG game that's supposed to come out by 2021.... you're a lost cause. They aren't Bioware to create Anthem in almost a year.

And wishful thinking? I couldn't care less about multiplayer. And that second game? The first one isn't out yet and we don't know shit about it so why should I care.

PAP is Polish Press Agency. Pretty serious official business site. Doubt they would make and allow mistakes.

http://biznes.pap.pl/pl/news/search/info/33596919,cd-projekt-jest-zadowolony-z-przedsprzedazy-„cyberpunk-2077”-–-prezes

Last edited:
CDPR has vacillated on this topic so many times I find it hilarious.

"We're working on a new AA project"

"just kidding, we're not"

"Ok, maybe we are, and it's a Cyberpunk thing"

"Uh...no. We're just working on Cyberpunk 2077"

"Ok. Working on MP too. But CP will be SP only"

"Guys, we're working on a stand alone MP game"

"What? that was a mistranslation!"

CDPR has vacillated on this topic so many times I find it hilarious.

"We're working on a new AA project"

"just kidding, we're not"

"Ok, maybe we are, and it's a Cyberpunk thing"

"Uh...no. We're just working on Cyberpunk 2077"

"Ok. Working on MP too. But CP will be SP only"

"Guys, we're working on a stand alone MP game"

"What? that was a mistranslation!"
OK, I'm beginning to see the problem here; not only is something being lost in translation but also apparently people on the team are speaking out of turn and the whole team isn't reading off the same script. :shrug:

Ah well, all I care about is them getting out the first game on time...let them do that and then godspeed on whatever projects they have in the pipeline.

I'm all about CDPR working on a multiplayer and as many sequels to the first release...

BUT

I don't mind at all if there is only one 2077 game. I'm amazed with what has already been done with trailers and that they would pick an IP like Cyberpunk in the first place.

Keep polishing 2077 CDPR! At this point, we truly don't care about anything else!

Top Bottom