A christmas reindeer mod for Witcher 3

+
Hello, I'm new here :)

I'm trying to make a christmas reindeer mod for Witcher 3. I had no problems replacing the roach model with the deer model, but I just can't seem to make the textures work.

bandicam 2021-12-22 12-19-03-417.jpg

This happens in the game:
The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 12.03.22.86.png

Last edited:
Hey,

Don't know if you still need help on this, but it looks like the vertex paint of your mesh is entirely black, and since the pbr_hair shader used by the horse body uses the vertex paint for its color, it ends up like this. By making the vertex paint entirely white, you will be able to see your textures without any issue.
To remove the mane and tail, that will be a bit more technical, since they are items added to the player horse inventory. So, to constantly hide them, the easiest would probably be to constantly hide the horse_hair and horse_tail categories through script.
If you need some more rapid answers, there are multiple modding discord servers with helpful people, here's one if you want: [Link removed -- share via PM.]

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3766175

The physical proportions of this animal are already ... "very". : O) But I think it's smart.

thank you for the help. Yeah I figured out later that there was an unwanted vertex colors map. I wish we could do more with the horse but sadly the armature just sucks and I can't really work with it. Also the vanilla model of roach just doesn't make sense...
I agree about the proportions, I wish I knew how to fix that

Guest 3766175

I think the animal is very cute the way it is created from you @ Vriheddiyev.

: >​

Top Bottom