A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, no matter which preset I download, the game seems to be darkened down to a state where it is unplayable :/ has anyone else encountered this? I get the feeling it's something to do with me installing it wrong somehow, as it happens with all the presets...

Hmm, no matter which preset I download, the game seems to be darkened down to a state where it is unplayable :/ has anyone else encountered this? I get the feeling it's something to do with me installing it wrong somehow, as it happens with all the presets...
Yeah, I had it too. Download the version the preset list. Not the one at the start of this thread. http://goo.gl/l1isIw

Hello guys, I found a trick to make hairworks a lot less costly
Go to your folder X:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base

Open rendering.ini and change HairWorksAALevel from 8 to say 0 or 2 or 4

Good luck :)

This does work, here's a comparison between 8aa and 0aa http://imgur.com/xyHmWEi,oX722l0#0
It did not change fps for me up close like this, but it probably has an impact in fights, I can't test it since I'm going to bed right now.

Last edited:
can someone know what it this stuttering textures i have in the game

(in the video 0:02 and 0:41-44)

i clean install the driver 352.86 and it still happend and the game

[video=youtube;-gSIVNCO4ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro[/video]

olso go out to the desktop and i have to close him becuse he is not respond

(i try alt tab and it not warking

---------- Updated at 09:48 PM ----------

flickering black texture is the word i think

This does work, here's a comparison between 8aa and 0aa http://imgur.com/xyHmWEi,oX722l0#0
It did not change fps for me up close like this, but it probably has an impact in fights, I can't test it since I'm going to bed right now.

This sounds awesome, thanks! I'll give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon as a post-exam experiment...
Hopefully I'll be able to get some sort of hairworks going on my gtx 760; what card model are you running?

Interested in this, I can't keep 60fps locked with it on with my 970 (cuts 20fps) so it'll be interesting to see if a lower value makes it possible.

Thanks to everyone taking part in the thread. A great community like this one helps each other when they can, I've stickied the thread so people can find it.

This thread is unofficial. The Witcher team is working on official patching, but some of these fixes may help in the meantime. Keep in mind, they are not tested and may or may not fix your issues. Heck, they could make something worse, so always check to make sure you know what you are trying before you try it and how to reverse it in the worst case. But they may be a good stop gap measure until your issue is fixed.

Keep the self-help coming. :)

Don't know if it was posted but for Nvidia owners, try to set pre-rendered frames to 1 in control panel and maybe change the witcher3.exe priority process to high in task manager once the game starts. I know these two changes helped quite a bit in GTAV for stability and stuttering issues. :)

Last edited:
An annoying issue that seems to be present in all versions of the game is a brief stuttering in the games camera movement which occurs most prevalently when riding a horse at walking speed. Every time the horse animation recycles/loops there is a slight abrupt jump in camera position. Hopefully a fix soon. Apart from that game seems great.

Thanks to everyone taking part in the thread. A great community like this one helps each other when they can, I've stickied the thread so people can find it. Keep the self-help coming. :)

Dearest friends,

It is from the bottom of my heart that I want to thank you all today - visitors, contributors, forum mods and now even RED officials - for your kind support and appreciation of this thread! Your patience, understanding and selflessness have made this place an oasis from which people can draw valuable knowledge without fear of being ridiculed or berated for doing so.

From inception, the purpose of this thread has been to bring together the members of this wonderful community in an effort to make the best out of an equally wonderful game. With the thread now stickied, I am positive that all of your generous contributions will reach many, many more players in need of help or guidance. Please continue to help one another and give thoughtful answers to even the most basic of questions, because not everyone here might be as knowledgeable as you are. And by receiving an eloquent answer they in turn can help others, while also learning something new about the way their PCs and favourite games work, thus beginning to truly appreciate their intricacies and elegance more and more, each day!

Let this thread serve as an example that the Internet can also be a place where people from all over the world come together and make something truly special happen, for the genuine benefit of all who visit us here. My deepest thanks, once again, to everyone who made this thread what it is now - you have my eternal gratitude and respect!

:hatsoff:

Hey guys,

Some issue with the Xbox One controller :

If you notice the controller is not responsive as usual, and you feel that the gameplay with it is kinda "slow" change the sensitivity on the controller above the default one.

It fixed my issues during combat, and Geralt is more responsive.

so far, did anyone manage to obtain visuals similar to the SOD trailer ? just curious. because i feel you can reach it with lots of tweaks and possibly special filters.
from what i noticed, the colors feel less vibrant in comparaison with the current build, but also have the sharpening effect on but can be barely noticed (unlike the 2013 announcement gameplay trailer).

edit:
i can hardly beleive it, it seems that this awesome person @doktor1 , managed to bring the game to the level of SOD trailer. seriously ! all he did was using a software called ReShade, did a bit of tweaking and the result is nothing short of spectacular:

for more info, check his thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/37417-Witcher-3-ReShade-SFX-CT-Graphics

god bless the PC gaming community !

Last edited:
Don't know if it was posted but for Nvidia owners, try to set pre-rendered frames to 1 in control panel and maybe change the witcher3.exe priority process to high in task manager once the game starts. I know these to changes helped quite a bit in GTAV for stability and stuttering issues. :)

I already suggested! Been using it since yesterday on my i5 3750k and it's improved a lot.

An annoying issue that seems to be present in all versions of the game is a brief stuttering in the games camera movement which occurs most prevalently when riding a horse at walking speed. Every time the horse animation recycles/loops there is a slight abrupt jump in camera position. Hopefully a fix soon. Apart from that game seems great.

Oh my god, yes yes! I'm glad somebody else has noticed this as well!

Usually with things this subtle, if I ever bring it up as an issue for other games people just brush me off saying either they 'can't see it so it doesn't exist' or that it's 'just a minor issue and I'm being a nitpicker'. And surprise, most of the time it never gets fixed.
I really hope it gets fixed as well, it basically makes it feel like the game has a bad micro stutter every time you ride a horse.

Don't know if it was posted but for Nvidia owners, try to set pre-rendered frames to 1 in control panel and maybe change the witcher3.exe priority process to high in task manager once the game starts. I know these two changes helped quite a bit in GTAV for stability and stuttering issues. :)

Use this registry entry so you don't have to set the priority every time you launch the game:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\witcher3.exe\PerfOptions] “CpuPriorityClass”=dword:00000003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom