A few months of patching away from Greatness!

+
Good for you to have such low expectations. You can at least enjoy the game.

Which deus ex?

You may be right for taking me for a naive, but I'm actually enjoying the game.
Mankind Divided - which was not as better than Human Revolution as it was supposed to be.

Guys, think about this: It is not a Life Sim. The world around you is meant to be background. You're not supposed to play for hundreds of hours just interacting with random npc's and getting into clubs and restaurants. Maybe in a future edition, or a next Cyberpunk they'll do it so. That's how I see it.

Not throwing shade, but why put it in I guess? Why create these clubs and places that you want to hang out in - if a $5 vending machine burrito does the exact same thing? Why release dev diaries on fashion, when you spend the game in random dumpster diving chic? If the world wasn't meant to be interacted with, why make it open world at all? The minute that you step off the rails, the façade fails quite quickly. And the last thing anyone wants to hear after waiting for eight years - five days after release - is how great the next game is going to be.

Yeah, People tend to forget about the bugs of previous games when comparing new games. Witcher 3 had tons o' bugs and not only did they fix those but they added a bunch of content through patches and free DLC. People definitely had higher than average hopes for this game so I understand a lot of their disappointment but at the same time they are acting like they've never played another game before now and expected perfection which is just silly.

Maybe they'll learn from this and do better. They're not Rockstar, but I think the devs and the game has the potential to reach that. I think the game is Awesome 'cause of how it looks and that they managed to do it better than Deus Ex.
I disagree with it being "better than Deus Ex", this is comparing apple with oranges : same as fruits (same genre), different fruits.
Deus Ex is a great game, CP77 is a good game. Parts of Deus Ex's gamedesign is better than CP actually.

CP77 tried too much to be compared to GTA, but it's just Mafia 1 instead. Mafia 1 had better car physics than CP77 on top of that.
Of course, CP77's graphics are top of the top, it is 2020 after all. But gamedesign-wise, I think this is Mafia 1, more or less exact (CP77 have side missions that Mafia 1 lacked, but both games show great scenarios told in empty cities).

Deus Ex (original) marked the gamedesign history. I'm not sure CP77 will mark anything in gamedesign. It keeps on using perfect writing like each TW did, but CP show problems of gamedesign here. CP77 is a Mafia1-ised TW3, and both Mafia and CP77 suffers from the same disease + CP's specifics (loot grinding - that could be fixed if guns made fixed dps, etc).

There is one thing that CP does that no other gamemade, it is not giving the urge of reloading to me. I don't F5-F9-F9 like in other RPG, and I still don't know why. And this is actually a fine thing. But that's just it.

I mean people still plays TW3 and GTA5, there is a reason for that.If you finish CP77, there is no much replay value atm.

Last edited:
I disagree with it being "better than Deus Ex", this is comparing apple with oranges : same as fruits (same genre), different fruits.
Deus Ex is a great game, CP77 is a good game. Parts of Deus Ex's gamedesign is better than CP actually.

CP77 tried too much to be compared to GTA, but it's just Mafia 1 instead. Mafia 1 had better car physics than CP77 on top of that.
Of course, CP77's graphics are top of the top, it is 2020 after all. But gamedesign-wise, I think this is Mafia 1, more or less exact (CP77 have side missions that Mafia 1 lacked, but both games show great scenarios told in empty cities).

Deus Ex (original) marked the gamedesign history. I'm not sure CP77 will mark anything in gamedesign. It keeps on using perfect writing like each TW did, but CP show problems of gamedesign here. CP77 is a Mafia1-ised TW3, and both Mafia and CP77 suffers from the same disease.
I compare them because of similar worlds.
And I think Deus Ex was a good story in an empty city. And I think it was not as open world as CP77.
I see CP77 as an upgrade to Deus Ex.
That's how I see things, I'm not saying you're wrong.
Post automatically merged:

WOW! Just played the "Ghost in the Shell" like mission (one of the cyberpsichos missions).
Props to CD Project Red for that! NICE!

Last edited:
Deus Ex, which one ?
Deus Ex (Ion Storm), Deus Ex: Invisible Wars (Ion Storm), Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Eidos Montreal), Deus Ex: The Fall (Eidos Montreal), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Eidos Montreal) ?

They are sandbox games aswell (the original one made lots of gamedesign discoveries at his time), the second one is a failure, the third one made a huge step in terms of esthetics and art, the fourth one is an IOS/Android game i did not play and the fifth one is the natural child of the third.

Deus Ex:MD, which is the game I decided to play waiting for CP77, have better gameplay in stealth than this one, for exemple. In this one, Praha is a lot more interactive than NC, because stuff is more concentrated. In 1 square km, there is a lot less closed doors in DE's Praha than in NC (but NC is 100 times larger, I agree).

Deus Ex (each one) have also Metroidvania mecanism (sort of) that CP77 have not : being cybernitized or having this/that ability isn't the main thing that blocks progression in CP77.
=> The motivation engine of "Let's be a robot" in Deus Ex is "...or else, less exploration".
=> The motivation engine of "Let's be a robot" in CP77 is "...or else, I will shoot ennemies slower".

=> this thing is better in DE:MD than in CP77. Deus Ex's augs gives geographic shortcuts and CP77's cyber gives time shortcuts. Almost 80-90% of the cyber in CP is combat or action related (imho for $ reasons : metroivania level design is not really cheap). CP's cyber is so less exploration related that they did not even make the ultra classic ligth augmentation addon for the eyes.

If CP's motivation is fueled by murderous urges, too bad they dropped Humanity, at least it would have been an interesting dilemna "I will be Blade Runner" vs "I will be Terminator".
Johnny would have pushed the player in the mech way, the player would abandon himself or not... Dunno. It would have been cool (but maybe not a valid story arc for 100h+).

Last edited:
Bugs'll be fixed. I mourn for the missing content and cut features that were promised.

Top Bottom