"A problem occured with the local client that prevents the game from continuing.."

+
i believe that the Dev team has acknowledged that there is hacking and is taking action. i noticed that yesterday i didnt drop once but this morning i was again. should we be reporting them some were?

O my, this is sooooo frustrating I've been losing for days because of this and now it turned out it's not my internet connection?! I think I lost like 30 games and I was blaming my wife for it LOL

MorsCodeX;n9182591 said:
same problem i use to have it now and then but now that i have a good set of cards and winning i haven't been able to play in two weeks. i also think this game has been hacked.

I concur. For the past 3 days most of my disconnections occur when my opponent knows that even God cannot save him. Just after my current thread I went into a game and the same shit happened. Drew round 1. I have 4 cards he has 1. I have a sizable carryover into final round (2) and power plays in my hand. I disconnect. What kind of joke is this?

OK, switch to Casual for few days and see if there will be a difference. Do not expect a lot the first day, but I think you will notice a change in the better direction and the second day the disconnection drop will be down like 50-60%.

It is a theory of mine, cause this is what happened with me couple of times now, so I am residing in the Casual mode now, to spare my nerves.

I agree. The whole "verify your connection" and "unable to sync" is getting really out of hand and is killing the game for me; even though the connection is stable on my side.

I hope that CDPR acknowledges and addresses this problem...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hopping in to remind everyone that the game is still in beta. And it will continue to be in beta for as long as it takes to no longer be in beta. Until such time, there will be beta all over the floor. There will be beta all over the walls. Beta will drip profusely from the ceiling. Beta will get into everyone's eyes. Complete strangers will pass by on the street, take one look, point, and say, "Beta!"

The disconnects are almost exclusively due to a well known bug. If you're seeing it occur a lot, then the issue is most likely originating on your end. At that point, uninstall and reinstall both Galaxy and Gwent. Ensure neither program is installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Also, run repairs on your Microsoft Redistributables (Especially Visual Studio 2013 and Visual C++ 2013, both the x86 and x64 versions of each.)

If you have evidence of people abusing the game or cheating, send it via a PM to any of the Moderation Team. Do not post any accusations on the boards, specific or general.

Only ever happens when i am about to win a match, which then makes me lose match. It feels like something being done on other end?

This seems to be an exploit ? Few times when players realized they were losing suddenly problem occurred with their clients and my win didn't register. It has been going on for a few days.

Keep losing some juicy MMR to this. Yay.

Edit: Another game lost due to network issues.

Not really on my end here...

Attachments

• 6639747364.png
    6639747364.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hello.

I am here tonight visiting these forums for the first, and likely last time, because I have gone from "intrigued" to "captivated" to "completely disgusted" with this game in a mere 10-day span, and I'd like to echo the sentiments expressed by LightPriest, MorsCodeX, and other users here whom I can tell (without much effort) are competent players who've suddenly experienced "losing" streaks out of nowhere in ranked play due to disconnection exploits and cheats.

This has been happening to me for a week now and is most certainly the result of malicious/exploitive activity, these "miracle disconnects" resulting in wins for my opponent are *not random*, they are frequent (read as : 50% of my games, perhaps more), and any attempt by the Gwent developers/staff to tell you otherwise is just complete nonsense. There are some very spiteful, not-so-competent juveniles out there (most of them play HearthStone probably, the most rigged donkeyish mess of them all), and I am actually starting to question whether this activity is being sanctioned (or at least tolerated/allowed) by CDPR themselves, as I've sent them several emails with several screenshots already this week, and the only responses I've received were "canned" (to the first email) and "none" (to the rest).

Some quick background on me : I'm an old vet at this, I played tournament-level MTG in my late teens and early 20s, as early as 1996. I actually worked for a magazine that interviewed the Wizards of The Coast guys right after First Edition was released (I wasn't part of the interview team, but I got some cards!). I've got a Computer Science/Mathematics degree and Ive played in lots of smaller local poker tournaments over the years, as well as online at Ultimate Bet and PokerStars back when it was legal to do so in the states (so I'm quite used to being cheated ;). I even play Scrabble for cash on occasion, as my dad is a former junior champ and he's never "let me win" a game since birth, so I had to earn them all *grin*

Enough about me, though ... this is a matter of fairness and integrity and it's (apparently) much larger than merely cheating *me* ... if this game is to be taken seriously, and the won/loss records on the *ranked ladder* are supposed to mean anything at all, then of course these players need to be banned, and any resulting "wins" from their exploits be returned back to the victims. And, if these scumbags are actually being deployed *by CDPR* in order to keep F2P players with (pardon the self-promotion here) extremely high skill levels from advancing to the top ranks without paying (which is exactly what Blizzard is guilty of with HearthStone, by the way), then the game is simply broken, and not legitimate.

I have dozens of screenshots but I'll throw a few laughers at you here .. in the first one a disconnect exploit early in round 3 resulted in a loss for me, as you can see we only played two rounds LOL ... the second shows a loss to a bot (I encounter these with roughly the same frequency as the exploiters ... they are recognizable by a username followed by a random string of numbers, they always win on the last play (against me, anyhow ... your mileages may vary), and they are not "friend-able", as you can also clearly see.

Anyhow, I'm uninstalling this mess unless I get a (competent) response which doesn't dodge the accusations being presented here. Should they get this mess sorted out, though, I look forward to continuing to play ... maybe even against some of you guys in the future!

Thx

Attachments

• HAHAHA_I_DIDNT_LOSE_WTF_IS_THIS_NONSENSE_4.png.jpg
    HAHAHA_I_DIDNT_LOSE_WTF_IS_THIS_NONSENSE_4.png.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 109
  • gwent5.png.jpg
    gwent5.png.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 105
ThereIsOnlyMe

There is a small flaw in your reasoning I would like to point out. You've said that about 50% of your games result in a "miraculous disconnect". Now, what's more likely, that 50% of the players are cheating or that you have a connection issue with Gwent? Think Occam's Razor. Truly, if 50% of the players were cheating (heck, even 5%) this would be a serious issue and it would have become well known. But outside of a few fringe cases, no such problem exist with cheaters. Besides, I have played the game since the start of Closed Beta and I have only been disconnected once or twice.

I would really like to solve this issue you have, but with problems like these, it's very difficult to determine where things go wrong. Support is still the best place to ask for help. All I can offer are the basic steps:
  1. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  2. Close all background applications, especially Chrome (and other resource-consuming apps).
  3. Remove all add-ons (GwentUp, Gwent Tracker).
  4. Remove/disable all third party overlay applications (e.g. FRAPS, RivaTuner).
  5. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  6. Disable the Galaxy overlay (only for debugging; it should be enabled for buying kegs and inviting friends).
  7. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game (also removing the game data when asked).
  8. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

Hi there. Same problem here. Xbox one player. Checked my connection more than a few times . I got the connection issue like one out of 3 games . I do only ranked.

d/c 3-4x in a row after only 1-2 cards played (and in some cases with no cards played) leading to auto losses is killing the ranked game for my brother who's at 4k mmr and needs to make up 2 wins for each of those technical issues. It's a mug's game

Soo this guy has been having connection issues since the start of round two then I get hit with message "A problem has occurred with local client that prevents the game from continuing. Ending the game."
Also got hit with a loss, no reason why....
2spooky4me....
Are those messages normal? First time I've encountered that one.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 109
@Mollybal That sometimes happens (as evidenced by this thread I moved your post into).
You can try the list of possible solutions listed further up on this page.

Top Bottom