Abandoning NR Cause Its Simply Not Good Enough Anymore.

+
Abandoning NR Cause Its Simply Not Good Enough Anymore.

I've tried to stick with it but after this patch I've finally decided to abandon NR cause there are simply too many advantages in using the other decks. I've made a skellige & scoia deck to start with and my win rate is all ready higher than NR (after patch).

To be honest one of the only reasons I was sticking with NR was the medics but clearly Skellige does it way better allowing you to choose which cards you revive plus being able to revive the priestess of freya. Also skellige doesn't have to worry about buffing cause you can literally change the base strength on quite a few cards. Then there is savage bear etc.

Scoia honestly could be the best deck now. I literally got hit by a double commander horn today from a scoia deck. The ability to replay gold cards and reuse special cards so many times makes it such a powerful deck.

Monsters weather can be countered more easily now but some of the spy cards make it really tempting to use like taking a card from your opponents graveyard then putting it in your hand.

Having a hard time deciding which is better between the two but I think Scoia just about comes out on top of skellige. I had tried mixing up my NR strategy to focus on promoting but it simply wasn't working for me and can all fall apart if you don't draw a certain card. The NR control strategy can easily backfire on you too.

Edit: Forgot to mention D-bomb basically destroys any NR strategy right now in one hit.

Last edited:
gamingdevil800;n7220580 said:
I've tried to stick with it but after this patch I've finally decided to abandon NR cause there are simply too many advantages in using the other decks. I've made a skellige & scoia deck to start with and my win rate is all ready higher than NR (after patch).

To be honest one of the only reasons I was sticking with NR was the medics but clearly Skellige does it way better allowing you to choose which cards you revive plus being able to revive the priestess of freya. Also skellige doesn't have to worry about buffing cause you can literally change the base strength on quite a few cards. Then there is savage bear etc.

Scoia honestly could be the best deck now. I literally got hit by a double commander horn today from a scoia deck. The ability to replay gold cards and reuse special cards so many times makes it such a powerful deck.

Monsters weather can be countered more easily now but some of the spy cards make it really tempting to use like taking a card from your opponents graveyard then putting it in your hand.

Having a hard time deciding which is better between the two but I think Scoia just about comes out on top of skellige. I had tried mixing up my NR strategy to focus on promoting but it simply wasn't working for me and can all fall apart if you don't draw a certain card. The NR control strategy can easily backfire on you too.

Edit: Forgot to mention D-bomb basically destroys any NR strategy right now in one hit.

Im on the other way, i change from Skell to NR. In my level range the player know to counter Skell and then is hard to win. With my Radovid deck i good chance against Scoia, Skell and weather monster. Only Big buff Monster are hard to beat.

Exactly. The only faction in the game that can massive buff their own units - and remain totally immune to DBomb. Broken. Broken. Broken.

Aglais and Nature's Gift are the only cards that can do this.

But it also has to be said that pound for pound, ST cards are VERY weak and MUST have buffs to contest a board.

One DBomb will generally completely wreck most ST decks.

Dbomb destroys ST and NR.

Skellege laughs at Dbomb as their buffed units are immune and Monster rarely needs Str boosts on it's units - they're strong as they are.

At the moment my main decks are Eithne with Isengrim, Henselt Gold and Radovid Control and all of them are doing really well (I'm not so good at Radovid yet though).

That is not rely a control Deck. This is a Combo Deck. And the combo die very hard against Harald. And Harald is played very often at the moment. So why you want to build a deck that loose against a meta deck?

I dont want to be rude here, but that posted build is pretty garbage.... its not just the one card reliance (margarita), but why the f it only uses 3 golds anyways? Best thing about NR right now are their golds; ciri still 8 strength for NR, shani and bloody baron are strong golds, borkh is absolutely a must and igni still good plus, again, 8 strength + scorch.

Really, if you want to go NR, go full radovid control or forget it, there isnt any other really competitive build to my knowledge rigth now.

Laveley;n7226130 said:
I dont want to be rude here, but that posted build is pretty garbage.... its not just the one card reliance (margarita), but why the f it only uses 3 golds anyways? Best thing about NR right now are their golds; ciri still 8 strength for NR, shani and bloody baron are strong golds, borkh is absolutely a must and igni still good plus, again, 8 strength + scorch.

Really, if you want to go NR, go full radovid control or forget it, there isnt any other really competitive build to my knowledge rigth now.

Yeah I'm not radovid control, mines shani, baron, ciri, igni, foltest. Kaedwin knight to turn baron silver. Foltest as leader, Priscilla etc.

gamingdevil800;n7226210 said:
Yeah I'm not radovid control, mines shani, baron, ciri, igni, foltest. Kaedwin knight to turn baron silver. Foltest as leader, Priscilla etc.

Yeah, that simply doesnt work anymore, NR chain rez are dead. Too bad, it was a legit strat IMO.

Great. Playing against Northern Realms is easily the most triggering out of all the factions.

Dagon doesn't even match the annoyance factor.

Top Bottom