Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly have comprehension problems. It's a fact. Lots of people do not even finish the game they bought and you expect that they will care about enemy AI? You and the other vocal ppl think that because post game emptyness kicked in, and can't wind down like read a book or something similar, it's time to be very loud and cry for features to curb your addiction.

People don't care about these things that certain people think is over important. That's all. Not everyone has 100+ hours for a game, they have a family, they have children. So around 20-30 hours of main storyline is quite ok for them. And they might finish all the quests and gigs in half a year not in 2 weeks.
Post automatically merged:

Based on who's scale? Complain to the video gaming news outlets. Why does that number matter so much? On your scale it's 6/10, on mine it's 9/10, because I don't care about time killing features, I favor the story, the characters and not open world elements.
Also sounds like visual novels would be just as enjoyable for you as CP77 was.

looks like i got answer from head of studio of cdpr :) you playing nice with statistics lol. have you did a research what gamers want?

And features i mentioned are features most important for open world games. If it was rpg nobody would cared about anything apart from story and customization. So your logic doesnt make sense. you can go and read what numbers means in review
You read something in five places, then it must be the unquestionable truth, right? Someone says the opposite, well that person must be someone who suck up to someone. Well, I covered gaming for 20 years as a job, I know what it was like 10 years ago and what it's like now. It's a fckng over politicized mess, and I hate it that ppl can't have a proper conversation because EVERYONE is at other's throats. Damn I don't know what this society needs to get their compass recalibrated...

You clearly have comprehension problems. It's a fact. Lots of people do not even finish the game they bought and you expect that they will care about enemy AI? You and the other vocal ppl think that because post game emptyness kicked in, and can't wind down like read a book or something similar, it's time to be very loud and cry for features to curb your addiction.

People don't care about these things that certain people think is over important. That's all. Not everyone has 100+ hours for a game, they have a family, they have children. So around 20-30 hours of main storyline is quite ok for them. And they might finish all the quests and gigs in half a year not in 2 weeks.

Nonsense. Sloppiness should not be rewarded, this is exactly the reason why gamers have been shafted by studios/publishers for years now and it's about time this practice came to an end. If I spend my hard-earned money on a product I expect to get what is written on the tin or shown in the trailer, not a half-finished product that will eventually get patched in years time.

Telling someone to go "wind down like read a book or something similar" is plain rude and doesn't at all focus on the issue at hand, which is the shipping of game riddled with bugs, cut content, poorly implement game mechanics and absent AI.

I see you didn't get my point. Never said. Its an 9/10 or 10/10. What I wanted to say is: What is "objective" is very subjective.

(Personaly I think it is a 7/10 or 8/10)

So no, I cant give you a reason why this is a 9/10 or 10/10. But that does not mean the game is bad. Marvels Avengers was bad. Godfall was bad. Resident Evil 3 R was bad... Cyberpunk is not what we all hoped for, but I can't say its "bad".
Of course you can say its bad. But don't pretend that your opinion is "objective". It is not. Thats why it is an opinion.

Things, that I think are really good in Cyberpunk:

- Soundtrack is great
- Night City looks awesome
- Story overall is good
- Some of the best side missions since Witcher 3
- Great and believable Charakters (not like this Potatoes in like 90% of all western games)
- The Cars! (as long you dont have to drive them...)
- Gunplay is much better then like in every other FPRPG (Fallout 4, Outer Worlds)
- Skilltrees allow different types of playstyle

See, why do you give your personal opinion about this game again, when i ask you for an objective review.
What you are doing here is not fair. You are rating a game out of your personal opinion.

-Graphics and Soundtrack are good yes, but does that automatically make a good game? especially a game that is advertised as RPG and OPEN WORLD. No, it doesnt.
-The Story is good? it could have been good if characters werent killed off right after you get to know them. Also the story looks more like an interactive movie about someone else rather than you but thats subjective again.
-There are some side missions that are good, but a lot of them are just the same repeatable stuff. Steal this, kill him. Get random phone call from fixer.
- Cars with bad physics. feels like you cant even destroy them. try to drive against something and the worst thing you will see is your lights go off.
- Skilltrees just give +10% crit or stats like that. If i talk about a skilltree i would expect a little bit more, like the perk where you can assassinate someone when jumping on them.

Honestly what you mentioned does not really make the game outstanding. Those are literally basics in an open world (except for good soundtrack. i agree very much on this one, i love the music)

You have basic problems with reading and comprehension, mainly the latter.

Read this sentence and memorize:

People don't care about bugs if the overall experience is great.

You have a dog, it has a character, it just loves you. BUT IT HAS cow like spots all over him. Poor dog, according to your standards it doesn't deserve love.

Those points you list, 90% of the gamers don't care about, just the very vocal hardcore ppl. Or those that want to hear their own voice coz they think they are all important. Or those that want to protect their market share and don't want their status quo rattled.

You have a Perk that makes you undetectable under water, but 99,9% of the time you are not even near the water, so am i supposed to love this?
Your dog comparison makes no sense.

Last edited:
Having a logical AI is not "high standards". Not by a mile. And while there is potential in the story. The endings render it completely unsatisfying for many and if you put a second thought into what you just experienced, you can easily notice the off pacing, contradicting elements or simply plot holes. Not the mention the wasted characters.

This game would have been much better off if it was advertised as a Borderland game with a better linear story.
Your starting point is yourself. You think that without proper AI a game must be a disaster. Well, people don't care. People care about the overall experience.

"endings render it completely unsatisfying for many"
Well, Cyberpunk is a fckd up, repellant world. Read the cyberpunk world recap. I stopped around the 40th tile, because it's nauseating. So what did you expect?

I had the f*ck of my life, damn, my balls are aching, can barely move next day. But my partner had spots on his/her arse, that ruined my day, and I'm gonna tell him/her that go to the plastic surgeon next morning ASAP!

Nonsense. Sloppiness should not be rewarded, this is exactly the reason why gamers have been shafted by studios/publishers for years now and it's about time this practice came to an end. If I spend my hard-earned money on a product I expect to get what is written on the tin or shown in the trailer, not a half-finished product that will eventually get patched in years time.

Telling someone to go "wind down like read a book or something similar" is plain rude and doesn't at all focus on the issue at hand, which is the shipping of game riddled with bugs, cut content, poorly implement game mechanics and absent AI.
Well, I'm just guessing his state of mind. The game ended, great emptyness kicked in. So he liked the game and now wants more. Shit happens.

You are right about what you say, but was the overall experience satisfying and if so why bickering about these details? Hell, my wife is a model, she has 3 million followers, she is living with ME, but she has a habit of farting after sex. Well... it's your choice. I think you'll live with it.

Your starting point is yourself. You think that without proper AI a game must be a disaster. Well, people don't care. People care about the overall experience.

Well, Cyberpunk is a fckd up, repellant world. Read the cyberpunk world recap. I stopped around the 40th tile, because it's nauseating. So what did you expect?

I had the f*ck of my life, damn, my balls are aching, can barely move next day. But my partner had spots on his/her arse, that ruined my day, and I'm gonna tell him/her that go to the plastic surgeon next morning ASAP!
We get it, Cyberpunk is a dark world with no happy ending, but why promote this game as "having multiple choices" then when my choices do not matter. If you do that, then give us different endings even if its a dark world. If you want to push the narrative that its a dark world and the ending is always the same, promote this game as a linear singleplayer story.

Sorry but that does not make sense. If i get choices, i want my choices to matter.

Real quick, just wanted to say you're right but here is their other problem, and this is the biggest issue, they still in certain instances used cut features in their marketing material.

Example, I knew no customizable cars at launch, however in their marketing video regarding cars, they say things like "Exchangeable parts for tuning." Which implies you'll at least be able to tune your cars in some fashion or another.

Again I agree we can't get upset of confirmed missing features, however CDPR does a terrible job at making it known. They instead keep teasing things that aren't doable. Don't show me a thermal katana in the weapon video yet not have it in release. Don't show me the style of NPCs in the Styles video yet at release we can't come close to their styles. Don't show me over and over again certain scenes in a montage video and tailor it to features that have nothing to do with it.

I can link all evidence if need be, but hopefully you get what I'm saying. It's hard to not then be upset about cut features if they keep using it to mislead people. Hell they even manage to cut content/feature after launch. Like the whole deal on giving the option to customize genitals yet stealth patching censorship into the game making the feature useless in the actual game other than well...marketing purposes.
I agree, things like thermal katana is a bad mistake especially that close to launch. The thing is, there is a plethora of misinformation surrounding the game and the general public opinion developed a reflex to see literally "everything" as a cut feature and broken promise. Hence, it has been really difficult to distinguish between valid criticism and mere speculation or unfulfilled fantasies. Yes, I get what you are saying. And thank you for being kind despite the disagreement, something we do not see very much since december.

But...the fact that a lot if not the majority of people are actually complaining about the AI indicates that they do care....?
Also nothing personal but your comparisons are weird.

Well, I'm just guessing his state of mind. The game ended, great emptyness kicked in. So he liked the game and now wants more. Shit happens.

You are right about what you say, but was the overall experience satisfying and if so why bickering about these details? Hell, my wife is a model, she has 3 million followers, she is living with ME, but she has a habit of farting after sex. Well... it's your choice. I think you'll live with it.
God I really hope you weren't actually writing articles for 20 years lol
Sorry I don't get the impression there is an actual discussion here with you.

Edit: Also are you a troll? Cause these metaphores sure sound like it lol

Not trolling you and no pun intended. But what makes cp story great for you?

For me story was bad because:
1. no choices matters, not speaking about ending but in general. Eve will die no matter what, if you kill dum dum there will be priscilla and nance mission will play pretty much same. Yes you can get sex toy vs pistols is it a real choice? Jacks will die, river story ends the same, peralez story ends same. Only choice is to do missiion or not. It is illusion of choice which is non existant
2. Linear story without any branching
3. Backgrounds doesnt matter at ALL. At one moment i thought that this game was envisioned differently so corpo get arasaka ending, streetkid go with rogue, nomad wiht panam.
4. no character development whatsoever, offscreen character kills
5. PLOT-HOLES like how office plum ( i played corpo) wihtout any military training and actually half dead zombile could take down oda (who is super trained and top augs guy) and adam smasher which is most augmented, top of the line, merc with most of experience with support of other arasaka soldiers. I can name few more...but i guess you can trust me about plotholes
6. how we were not scanned during heist by smasher or takemura...i believe they both had kiroshi
7. padre, we knew him he still says hello.
8. rushed and cut content.

so seriously what do you enjoyed? MMO type side quests? cyberpsycho missions which were one shot for me without any reward? or maybe story full of plotholes. I mean somebody like to grind stuff and spends their life on mmo that is fine... no pun intended. Btw have you enjoyed call of duty story?

-Graphics and Soundtrack are good yes, but does that automatically make a good game? especially a game that is advertised as RPG and OPEN WORLD. No, it doesnt.
I said you have problem with comprehension. You are attaching yourself to a miniscule detail and hang on it, like your life depends on it.

-The Story is good? it could have been good if characters werent killed off right after you get to know them.
Well, people just loved Game of Thrones and the shock it brought into their lives. AND A LOT of their beloved characters are literally butchered one after another. You cried there too? So according to your standards this is a negative trait. Okay, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Yes, cars have bad physics, yes the skilltrees doesn't really have any sense whatsoever, JUST LIKE IN WITCHER 3. But we are getting back to the origin of my thoughts: people don't care, they want stimulation and a unique experience and are not hardcore players, they don't care about these details.

I said you have problem with comprehension. You are attaching yourself to a miniscule detail and hang on it, like your life depends on it.

-The Story is good? it could have been good if characters werent killed off right after you get to know them.
Well, people just loved Game of Thrones and the shock it brought into their lives. AND A LOT of their beloved characters are literally butchered one after another. You cried there too? So according to your standards this is a negative trait. Okay, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Yes, cars have bad physics, yes the skilltrees doesn't really have any sense whatsoever, JUST LIKE IN WITCHER 3. But we are getting back to the origin of my thoughts: people don't care, they want stimulation and a unique experience and are not hardcore players, they don't care about these details.
I love how you are telling people that what they care for doesn't matter because people don't care for it.

See, why do you give your personal opinion about this game again, when i ask you for an objective review.
What you are doing here is not fair. You are rating a game out of your personal opinion.
You do the exact same thing. Objective reviews don't exist!

It doesnt make it a good game. But it is very important for a good game, in every type of genre.

-The Story is good? it could have been good if characters werent killed off right after you get to know them. Also the story looks more like an interactive movie about someone else rather than you but thats subjective again.
Right! Like every other of your points.
Right. Like every other of your points. ;)

-There are some side missions that are good, but a lot of them are just the same repeatable stuff. Steal this, kill him. Get random phone call from fixer.
Like in every other game that ever existed. Even the godlike Witcher 3. Why does this make the game "objectively" bad?
Also, some people like repeatable stuff. Its not fair to say this by default a bad thing.

- Cars with bad physics. feels like you cant even destroy them. try to drive against something and the worst thing you will see is your lights go off.
Right. However the cars get visibly damaged at some point. Don't make it worse than it actually is, if you want to keep your credibility.

- Skilltrees just give +10% crit or stats like that. If i talk about a skilltree i would expect a little bit more, like the perk where you can assassinate someone when jumping on them.
Still the trees allow different playstyles.

Honestly what you mentioned does not really make the game outstanding. Those are literally basics in an open world (except for good soundtrack. i agree very much on this one, i love the music)
I never said it is outstanding. I said it is not bad. And again: To say the game is a 9/10 or 10/10 was never my point.

I fully understand your criticism and that of many others here.
But I also think that a lot is measured with double standards.

There is a lot of space between outstanding and bad.

(sorry for my english. Its to late for double checking)

You do the exact same thing. Objective reviews don't exist!

It doesnt make it a good game. But it is very important for a good game, in every type of genre.

Right. Like every other of your points. ;)

Like in every other game that ever existed. Even the godlike Witcher 3. Why does this make the game "objectively" bad?
Also, some people like repeatable stuff. Its not fair to say this by default a bad thing.

Right. However the cars get visibly damaged at some point. Don't make it worse than it actually is, if you want to keep your credibility.

Still the trees allow different playstyles.

I never said it is outstanding. I said it is not bad. And again: To say the game is a 9/10 or 10/10 was never my point.

I fully understand your criticism and that of many others here.
But I also think that a lot is measured with double standards.

There is a lot of space between outstanding and bad.

(sorry for my english. Its to late for double checking)
There are no double standards here. People here are simply upholding the game to the quality and standard that CDPR themselves have showcased/promised in the promo materials.

Erm, GOT developes their characters - that's why deaths were so impactful. Witcher doesn't have cars. Horse "physics" are sort of ok. Withcer 3 skill made quite a lof of sense. Combat itself was meh - but skiltree was ok.

People's care doesn't change the fact that this game is mediocre in almost every aspect of it, therefore it can never be a 9-10/10 game like Badowskis is saying.

NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom