Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
Is this bug introduced in v1.04? I am playing V1.03. I just finished white orchard completing everything, I hit level 4 doing that, is that the appropriate level for completing everything?

I hit level 4 just after finishing up White Orchard as well. I am still level 4 in Velen now.

Is it a joke right ?!

I bought this game for 60€, I can't play since almost 1 week because of the xp bug (and also these stupid tiny unreadable text).

I want to play this weekend after a big week of work and you telling me I can't because you will not patch it before next week, seriously ?!

The game is awesome, but I have to say it : fuck you ! I'm going to selling it, maybe I will buy it again later when the developement of the game will be finish.

Good bye.

edit : oh yeah I forgot, the best joke ever : no back exp and it will not affect the game balance. lol !!! So making all the quest doesn't reward but it's not a problem ? pfff

Last edited:
First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.
Could you elaborate? Where will the XP come from if the MQ and side quests don't give any XP? Certainly not from killing mobs because that XP is negligible.
What if someone starts a fresh game with the latest patch and the bug in full effect, how will they level up at all?

I wish I could have "fate" in your spelling abilities.

Then please do so by explaining what conditions trigger the no-XP, or what quests are affected exactly, so that we can avoid the bug ifor the time being

yes please. that would help big time.

...not affect balance of the game ? ??? This "Kill" the game literally... For all the rest you fix the game at monday and this is good things. Thanks anyway CDPR.

I don't think I'm suffering from the bug, but I plan on just doing out-leveled quests and exploring.

Is it a joke right ?!
I bought this game for 60€, I can't play since almost 1 week because of the xp bug (and also these stupid tiny unreadable text).
I want to play this weekend after a big week of work and you telling me I can't because you will not patch it before next week, seriously ?!
The game is awesome, but I have to say it : fuck you ! I'm going to selling it, maybe I will buy it again later when the developement of the game will be finish.
Good bye.
edit : oh yeah I forgot, the best joke ever : no back exp and it will not affect the game balance. lol !!! So making all the quest doesn't reward but it's not a problem ? pfff

First world problems.

Would like to know which quests are affected and also what triggers it. This way atleast i can avoid it a bit.

Apparently you get XP for quests that you accepted with 1.03. (tested myself)

But doing quests that you accepted with 1.04 give no XP.

I think that all quests that are picked up since last patch does not give XP. If you had some old ones like a high contract that you picked up before the patch, completing that will give XP.

That includes discoveries of questions marks. I tried today and it was one of those question marks with an item that starts a small treasure quest. At completion, I got no XP.

I think that all quests that are picked up since last patch does not give XP. If you had some old ones like a high contract that you picked up before the patch, completing that will give XP.

That includes discoveries of questions marks. I tried today and it was one of those question marks with an item that starts a small treasure quest. At completion, I got no XP.

cant confirm that.
started a new game a few hours (wanted to play on deathmartch), played until the griffin and was rewarded for every single main and sidequest.

Your "shedding light" amounts to glibly saying it's not a big deal - obviously it is. Progression is hampered, people are avoiding playing the game, and - depending on the severity of the bug and how soon people discovered it - they could have missed out on several levels of xp, that you are now saying you won't reimburse? That's a big deal!

Guest 3825552

A better solution CDPROJECT would be to give XP for all quests and just add a small multiplier for doing quests that are significantly lower level. For example if I'm level 10 and I do a level 4 quest, then perhaps have the XP reward multiplied by 0.5 (halved).

Have this dynamic but set a capped minimal, say 50 XP if your 10 levels over or more. Just saying FCK you to the player is kinda rude, be nice!

I know for a fact that pyres of novigrad gave me no exp even when i was just 3 levels higher than the stated level and ive had pyres since patch 1.01.

The problem is not in a particular patch but more like problem with the game logic. I really hope game doesn't think that skill points we got via places of powers as levels and takes that into its decision to calculate our level and then award EXP.

would also be interessting to know, if the bug affects only patch 1.04 or 1.03 too.
console didn´t get patch 1.04, if i remember correctly.

I'm playing patch 1.04 and am getting XP for quests just fine, even ones I got after the patch... many people don't realize also that you'll often get the XP before you actually turn the quest in and it says "completed". You'll get the XP as soon as you kill the quest's monster or solve the mystery etc., not when you turn it in.

Doesn't matter, console users who do not have 1.04 also have the bug. The problem is within the game logic not a patch.

Top Bottom