After Cyberpunk I hope CDPR reconsiders their push towards open world games...

+
DUDE you want to talk about open world?? look at elder scrolls online such a big open world WITH A LOT of npc and players
look at anthem - open world was smaller and they couldnt even finish the game. story and NPC were never finished
look at mass effect andromeda - the open world was such a let down.
fallout 76 - open world, but felt empty with no real NPC or feeling of life
fallout 4 - such a nice open world, but after 200 years after the bombs fell fallout still looks like the nukes dropped last week
what CDPR has done has made it clear. other game studios are lazy and just cashing in

I personally think that it can work. The Witcher 3 did a good enough job both with story and the world around it. Immersive, feels alive, feels like it progresses and changes with you. As you progress in the story and make decisions that influence major events.

They have done it before, they could easily do it again. I personally think Night City is amazingly well done. It's a very solid fundation, just barebones.

I personally wouldn't even mind if CDPR decide that Cyberpunk will be their main IP and focus for a long while. The story clearly was rushed, together with the rest of the game. It's a fact, even the devs and company has admitted. I don't see them changing the main story drastically in the future, but I think with DLCs it could be fixed and tied into the open world aspect of the game better.

What I would love to see, is if CDPR treats the game with a similar approach like MMOs do with expansions. We have the base game, base story, now it's time to flash out the already existing features and build up on top of them.

If they play it well, this is a game that could keep players interested for a decade or longer.

I personally think that it can work. The Witcher 3 did a good enough job both with story and the world around it. Immersive, feels alive, feels like it progresses and changes with you. As you progress in the story and make decisions that influence major events.

They have done it before, they could easily do it again. I personally think Night City is amazingly well done. It's a very solid fundation, just barebones.

I personally wouldn't even mind if CDPR decide that Cyberpunk will be their main IP and focus for a long while. The story clearly was rushed, together with the rest of the game. It's a fact, even the devs and company has admitted. I don't see them changing the main story drastically in the future, but I think with DLCs it could be fixed and tied into the open world aspect of the game better.

What I would love to see, is if CDPR treats the game with a similar approach like MMOs do with expansions. We have the base game, base story, now it's time to flash out the already existing features and build up on top of them.

If they play it well, this is a game that could keep players interested for a decade or longer.
I'd love if they make this their main IP and improve the shit out of it...I'm not all that versed in game design, code, etc, but I wonder exactly how much they can still do/add to the game, especially as far as AI and RPG rep/bounty/wanted systems go. I'm sure they overall the cosmetics and in-game character customizations, but how limited are they with the base engine/code for big AI changes....not to mention things like re-adding wall running and flathead for character use. Hopefully the technical foundation of the game allows for the flexibility to make it what it could be....because if not, it might be best for them to consider working on a new Witcher IP soon, while obviously not giving up on CP77, but if the bones of thr game only allow so much without starting from scratch, then it's only going to go so far.

I really hope this is not the future for videogames. Make a blunder that costs full price, then fix it with DLCs that also cost money

I really hope this is not the future for videogames. Make a blunder that costs full price, then fix it with DLCs that also cost money
Or release a game, but state from the get go a roadmap of expected improvements...although that could be considered an "early acces" game, if done correctly many players would be on board.

I'm sorry but this has been the reality for the past decade in the gaming industry. That is why the backlash is so huge on CDPR, because people thought they were different.
Post automatically merged:

I'd love if they make this their main IP and improve the shit out of it...I'm not all that versed in game design, code, etc, but I wonder exactly how much they can still do/add to the game, especially as far as AI and RPG rep/bounty/wanted systems go. I'm sure they overall the cosmetics and in-game character customizations, but how limited are they with the base engine/code for big AI changes....not to mention things like re-adding wall running and flathead for character use. Hopefully the technical foundation of the game allows for the flexibility to make it what it could be....because if not, it might be best for them to consider working on a new Witcher IP soon, while obviously not giving up on CP77, but if the bones of thr game only allow so much without starting from scratch, then it's only going to go so far.
I am not an expert at all. But in my personal uneducated opinion it is all about focusing the resources. We have seen features in the trailers that were clearly once utilized in the engine.

I think it will all depend on CDPR willing to relocate resources and time into keep developing this game even after launch.

Guest 4406876

Imo the open world of this game could be light years better by simply having better AI and actual immersive, rpg rep/wanted/nemesis system with gangs and police. They really missed the mark by not having gang reps, attached with either rewards, or bounties on your head, depending on your interaction.

For one example, saving Royce from Militech does not earn any positive rep from Maelstrom. Imagine then increasong your rep with Mael, thus opening unique quests, vendors, and/or ripperdocs. Or when attacking a gang, have a warning pop up saying one of them is escaping, and if you dont stop him, your rep goes down with the group, and they start to attack you on sight at some point, or even have a gang boss, similar to Shadow of Mordor nemesis system, thats hunts you down in the specific gang area, if your rep gets bad enough. Hell, could even have a disguise/blend in mode similar to AC Valhalla if you need to get through sketchy gang areas where they want to take you out. Could also have side quests for gangs that allows to grind rep back up if wanted to. And I dont even need to mention the police, and lack of high speed chases, etc...I digress. Soooooo many games. especially RPG's!! (Even WOW has a huge faction/group unique rep system) have either a basic or complex rep system, let alone an actual "wanted/nemesis" sysem. These things would make the game feel so much more alive, immersive, and dangerous...I dont see how it would have been that difficult to implement, as the tech id already out there to do these things....maybe CD didnt consider these things? Or maybe they did, but ran out of time? Would be neat to have some answers.
That would be an RPG and CP77 is not.
As for world of warcraft the reputations are just to dictate variations of character builds (where some are better than others depending if you go PVP or PVE) and/or give transmog skins or other items. Back in the days rep were required to be able to enter specific raids and so on, and ultimately giving you quests to get some specific items (or to craft ,for example ,the Thunderfury)
New Vegas on the other hand...

Attachments

• steamdesc.jpeg
    steamdesc.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 56
Or release a game, but state from the get go a roadmap of expected improvements...although that could be considered an "early acces" game, if done correctly many players would be on board.
Transparent or not I hate early access. A game costs full-price it should be finished.
But that's just me

Cyberpunk 2077 has the potential to be a masterpiece. And it is already in some aspects.

The thing is : the game is not finished.

We are playing a beta right now.

So let's talk about what the game is when it will be finished ^^.

I have to disagree imho the naild it. Creating a gigantic openworld and almost no loading screen. The problem is that with all the bugs at the lunch hardly anyone noticed it.

Also they pump lots of money and effrot to marketing and on E3 make mistake to show the date of premiere. I think that most players would have waited a year longer. We wait so long and ever more with all this delays. Maybe it was decision toward financial agreement with Xbox and theirs support over contracting Keanu Reeves. Who knows? But they make a real bad decission releasing game in "that" state, espescially on consoles. So everyone's expectations were way too high, too the point lots of ppl right now focus only on bad aspects of the game.

Overall story is a masterpiece with graphic and music, combat is average. But all this is ruined with all the bugs and crush during segments of the game.

Imho they make some dev mistakes, I got this feeling that diff teams develop various levels or segment of the world. And like Anthem maybe whole team just found out about some features on E3. That explain state of the game like now is unfinnish.

But compare GTAV is out of place cause this game is smaller, simplier and next to CP77 looks infalty. The same goes to RDR2 where graphic is maybe good but story and everthing else is just weak. And I like remind how this game was unplayable on Pc for half year after release. I'd like them to go with this world and solve all the bugs soon. And in the future deliver some dlc and maybe next game in the lore. If i have to be honest as polish gamer I'm not so hype for Witcher 4 or whatever code name it will be. This game just take me away and I still play it and enyojed on PC. Hope that it no take another 8+ years ...

Exactly what I experience. The release is just very unfortunate now. The game itself is a great one, and on GOG only 8,7% of the players until now finished the game so over 90% even on PC never saw the spectacular endings. A thing that you have to master and most Series or Movies do not, but this Game nailed its endings.

I hope for Story DLCs and maybe some other Titles maybe in Atlanta, or Tokio? Somthing likke that. The Lore is rich, the Story and Character Design is awesome ... only the technical part needs to mature. But for additional Content and maybe new Games in this Universe they have the time and the feedback now.

Oh really, do you have a source on that?

We have a 64.4GB Source on that!

And it is a masterpiece considering your PC can handle it. Fix the Bugs, balance the game and improve some mechanics and it is without competition in its genre.
Basically fixing Bugs, improving gameplay and balancing is a Beta by Textbook.

Read the definition

Its really 100% the state this game is in. ...

Exactly what I experience. The release is just very unfortunate now. The game itself is a great one, and on GOG only 8,7% of the players until now finished the game so over 90% even on PC never saw the spectacular endings. A thing that you have to master and most Series or Movies do not, but this Game nailed its endings.

I hope for Story DLCs and maybe some other Titles maybe in Atlanta, or Tokio? Somthing likke that. The Lore is rich, the Story and Character Design is awesome ... only the technical part needs to mature. But for additional Content and maybe new Games in this Universe they have the time and the feedback now.

We have a 64.4GB Source on that!

And it is a masterpiece considering your PC can handle it. Fix the Bugs, balance the game and improve some mechanics and it is without competition in its genre.
Basically fixing Bugs, improving gameplay and balancing is a Beta by Textbook.

Read the definition

Its really 100% the state this game is in. ...
I haven't seen the revolutionary gameplay that so many talk about. Guess I'll keep waiting, again lol

Guest 4406876

I haven't seen the revolutionary gameplay that so many talk about. Guess I'll keep waiting, again lol
Me neither, and I'm not the only one apparently. Well at least there's me and other 3 guys that feel the same.
from 16:25 till the end.
I normally avoid youtubers, but with CP77 I had to see what people reaction was, because I really (or at least some elements in this forum made me think) questioned my mental sanity.
Now I know I'm sane.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be an RPG and CP77 is not.
As for world of warcraft the reputations are just to dictate variations of character builds (where some are better than others depending if you go PVP or PVE) and/or give transmog skins or other items. Back in the days rep were required to be able to enter specific raids and so on, and ultimately giving you quests to get some specific items (or to craft ,for example ,the Thunderfury)
New Vegas on the other hand...
I'm not talking about the exact mechanic of rep in wow, just the fact it's an old game and uses it (it was just one example of many, many games)...using some sort of rep in this game with gangs and police should have been doable, and strongly considered, and would have made the game lots better/more immersive.

As far as RPG, CDPR touted this game as an Open World RPG, with deep character customization, and advanced AI....soooo, not sure if you're saying it's not an RPG in it's current form, which I agree, but it was sold as an RPG...and go to game sites like Steam, it's listed as an open world RPG...

It's not about yes or no to open worlds. It has more to do with how they go about it. They had 6-8 years of development, advertised the game as something we didn't got. There are more underlying issues.

For what ever you wait :)

I just can tell you I played it through ... I am pretty impressed ... I see the issues and I see that they are fixable as these are beta issues.
Dont care what haters who did not play it say, dont care what console players say because for old gen its not made ... thats a fact if you see the game in its meant to be played 4k Ultra RT settings. And "Next Gen" consoles will also not be able to play it in near future because AMD cannot handle full realtime RT at the moment and this game is designed for Nvidias RT which is a) special and b) made for hardware with way more RT processors than any AMD Card has.

I look forward for the fixes and additonal content. And I did not expact the allround package that revolutionizes the gaming industry ... yeah featues are missing which they announced and no ... they are not really missing in the game at all. Dream on haters if you pre order because of promises that PR departments sell ... And anyways you can refund ... which is the solution to your problems

Bah, they still haven't hotfixed Viy in Gwent so what the hell do you expect? Cyberpunk 2077 is faaaar beyond something this company is capable of doing. They took too large of a bite for them so now we see the clear results, they can't chew it up so they're just disgustingly spitting out their food on back on the plate then trying to feed it to the dog without mom noticing (in this metaphor the dog represents the gamers) but even the dog is sensible enough to refuse to eat that which they spat out...

For what ever you wait :)

I just can tell you I played it through ... I am pretty impressed ... I see the issues and I see that they are fixable as these are beta issues.
Dont care what haters who did not play it say, dont care what console players say because for old gen its not made ... thats a fact if you see the game in its meant to be played 4k Ultra RT settings. And "Next Gen" consoles will also not be able to play it in near future because AMD cannot handle full realtime RT at the moment and this game is designed for Nvidias RT which is a) special and b) made for hardware with way more RT processors than any AMD Card has.

I look forward for the fixes and additonal content. And I did not expact the allround package that revolutionizes the gaming industry ... yeah featues are missing which they announced and no ... they are not really missing in the game at all. Dream on haters if you pre order because of promises that PR departments sell ... And anyways you can refund ... which is the solution to your problems
I mean... I said I don't see what's so special about the game and your reply mentions nothing so... why did you quote me exactly?

Top Bottom