Amidst the Mill's Grist

+
Is there any way to complete this quest? After I kill the peasants, I try to to investigate both the footprints and the blood but Geralt doesn't say anything, he just kneels over them and stands up. After that, nothing happens. I can't complete this quest and my OCD won't let me proceed with the game.

(Yes, I've read the other two threads but they didn't give me a definite solution.)

In case you are playing the PC version (that's not clear from your post): did you install any mods for the game?

If not, I'd recommend loading a save game from before that quest started.

If you haven't done it yet and you are playing the PC version, you could also repair/verify the game:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ical/issue/649/verify-integrity-of-game-cache
Already tried a save from before I started the quest, both with and without mods. Verified integrity too. Nada.

Last edited:
So you did have mods installed? The problem with mods is that even after they are removed they can leave traces and affect the save game. Even after removing a mod, it won‘t necessarily solve an issue that was caused by mods.

That being said, I don‘t know if that‘s the case this time. You can reach out to support. Maybe they can help. A contact link can be found here. Make sure to provide them with the necessary infos (it‘s explained there): https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...4/i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest

So you did have mods installed? The problem with mods is that even after they are removed they can leave traces and affect the save game. Even after removing a mod, it won‘t necessarily solve an issue that was caused by mods.

That being said, I don‘t know if that‘s the case this time. You can reach out to support. Maybe they can help. A contact link can be found here. Make sure to provide them with the necessary infos (it‘s explained there): https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...4/i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest
I know I'm not the only one with this issue, so I doubt it has to do with mods since most of my game has been perfectly fine till now (and my mods only deal with character/inventory/skills and textures).
It's pretty much listed as a bugged quest on the wiki and several posts in various outlets claim that the bug is due to picking up some items in the Mill BEFORE the quest, which unfortunately I did.

I've already filled in a ticket a few hours earlier so hopefully they get back to me.

I know I'm not the only one with this issue, so I doubt it has to do with mods since most of my game has been perfectly fine till now (and my mods only deal with character/inventory/skills and textures).
It's pretty much listed as a bugged quest on the wiki and several posts in various outlets claim that the bug is due to picking up some items in the Mill BEFORE the quest, which unfortunately I did.

I've already filled in a ticket a few hours earlier so hopefully they get back to me.

Bugs like this are exclusion things. The engine throwing flags out of order. While it may be possible to fudge the quest logs, I'd vouch to say that any such issues that still exist are probably way too complicated to sort out without knowingly breaking other, much more important parts of the game. This is the case with a lot of smaller issues still in the game.

I wouldn't waste too much time on it. If you're too far along in the game to restore to a point before you first interacted with the mill, you can just leave it. Alternatively, you can find lists of quest flags online that you can enter via the console. Forcing it this way can sometimes bork other quests (but I'd imagine this quest wouldn't cause an issue).

Top Bottom