An issue with "The Source" Quest Line.

+
An issue with "The Source" Quest Line.

I've read about some previous issues others had but mine seems to be totally different. I'm at the first part of the quest chain where you must put the Sensors in their hiding spots. Anyways, the first time I did this quest I did it in this order; Trade District, Temple District, then Cemetery. However, when I tried to go to the Trade District from the Cemetery the game froze. I reload the game to give the quest another try except I was unable to place the Sensor in the Temple District. The Horned statue head simply acts like it is part of the geometry when I highlight it with the cursor.View a screenshot of my issue here:
So as you can see I cannot complete the first part of this quest line. The journal reads the current quest status just fine by saying I have placed 2 of the 3 sensors, and have one to go.Any idea of any fixes or workarounds to this issue?

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
On Polish board was a problem with these too. A bit different, but as the salvation was inflecting whole game it might work here as well... Try to reinstall the game :)

I'll try that out, mate. Thanks! EDIT: Okay, the re-install didn't work. I really don't want to start over from too far back, I believe I do have some saves from far back but that could mean hours of catching up.Anyways, the failed re-install tells me that it's my save file that is corrupt. After reading a few posts on these support boards I get the impression that you can modify the save file, and that could sometimes help.

SuperFriendBFG said:
I'll try that out, mate. Thanks! EDIT: Okay, the re-install didn't work. I really don't want to start over from too far back, I believe I do have some saves from far back but that could mean hours of catching up.Anyways, the failed re-install tells me that it's my save file that is corrupt. After reading a few posts on these support boards I get the impression that you can modify the save file, and that could sometimes help.
can you try like this: trade -> cemetery -> temple ?

That's how I tried it the second time. The first time I tried was Trade, Temple, Cemetery which I ended up crashing when loading a new area.

SuperFriendBFG said:
That's how I tried it the second time. The first time I tried was Trade, Temple, Cemetery which I ended up crashing when loading a new area.
an older savegame maybe

Yeah I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. I should manually save for more "backup" points from now on.I think I found the source of the issue. Something I failed to mention is that just as I went into Act 3, I didn't really accept the source quest the second time around (after the crash). I ended up going to the trade district to open the small crevasse when I realized that I had forgotten to accept the quest. So that could have been the source of the issue. I have yet to reproduce this bug but I have a good hunch that this is the source of the issue. This could cause potential issues for others too.

Top Bottom