And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quit after two of the most absurd things. RNGsus may well have had a hand in the first NG nonsense, but what followed was infuriating. I played a game with the dragon (kills the lowest unit on the side with the most, 'tis fun in a sea of un-fun) and had my NG opponent pinned. Slave infanty, one had been boosted so it was tight but with a spear I should win by a point. Except....something really weird happened with Calveit and the whole thing started glitching. The slave animation reappeared, units were played, un played, replayed on different rows....then commanders horn appeared from absolutely nowhere to boost their two units, making me lose.

It's not just RNGsus. There's something completely off about the whole online experience. I've written again to CDPR to get an explanation about this glitch, and about a number of other suspect things. If they just admit that they play users against the computer, fine. Nothing else makes sense.

They will never admit of using AIs against other players. If they did admit that, it means players are not playing anymore, that the game sux, new players will decide against playing it, investors will withdraw their money and their stock, if they have given them out, will crash. It would be like Battlefield V and Fallout 76, a total game disaster by an AAA company. And no company would ever admit to a failure as stated two sentences above. Thankfully, noone payed 60USD for the game and it is free to play, not counting in-game purchases.

I am really sorry to see Homecoming crash as it seems to have crashed already. CDPR took a big risk, thought players would enjoy it but they did not. Never change a running system...

They will never admit of using AIs against other players. If they did admit that, it means players are not playing anymore, that the game sux, new players will decide against playing it, investors will withdraw their money and their stock, if they have given them out, will crash. It would be like Battlefield V and Fallout 76, a total game disaster by an AAA company. And no company would ever admit to a failure as stated two sentences above. Thankfully, noone payed 60USD for the game and it is free to play, not counting in-game purchases.

I am really sorry to see Homecoming crash as it seems to have crashed already. CDPR took a big risk, thought players would enjoy it but they did not. Never change a running system...
I'm $200 and 2000 hours into this dumpster fire. Makes me sick. They need to save face and bring back beta as a game mode

Guest 4339849

Uninstalled here as well. I'm waiting for homecoming to be improved, right now it's a buggy mess.

I could not dislike what they're doing to Gwent any more than I do right now. I'm not one to genuinely complain or talk shit about games because some are just not for me, but Gwent was for me, before HC.

I'm relatively new myself, only been playing a few months but I loved playing Gwent so much. Then I heard about its overhaul and though skeptical, I was excited.

Skepticism was in the right this time. This game was so disappointing to play and I just kept waiting to fall in love like I did with Gwent, but this isn't Gwent. I really hate that I'm gonna have to find a new game to play, I was more than enjoying my time with Gwent.

Nothing wrong with wolfsbane, it's just the old sihil card.

Even if sihil were to be removed/patched/nerfed, there will be something else or preferred deck that becomes used by everyone.

not sure if it's been suggested but maybe sihil can be made to repeat 1 dmg if it destroys a unit or increase its cooldown by 1?
Post automatically merged:

I'm almost on the cusp of taking a break. Waiting to see what changes are made for the upcoming season. If the same tomfoolery continues, i'm just gonna move on.

Guest 3573786

Does anyone know if there's any chance old Gwent would be returning/whether CDPR mentioned anything along those lines?

I've been waiting for it to leave beta only to see the whole thing dramatically changed.
I just want to know whether to keep my hopes up or tune out completely.

@InsomniumX Alicia as dev in polish forum answered me that HC is the same game as Gwent was and all the changes was only big update. She said also that old version will not come back. But i am not sure if we knock really often and hard? I really starting belive in miracles.

Does anyone know if there's any chance old Gwent would be returning/whether CDPR mentioned anything along those lines?
I've been waiting for it to leave beta only to see the whole thing dramatically changed.
I just want to know whether to keep my hopes up or tune out completely.
@InsomniumX Alicia as dev in polish forum answered me that HC is the same game as Gwent was and all the changes was only big update. She said also that old version will not come back. But i am not sure if we knock really often and hard? I really starting belive in miracles.
only step forward is to closed Homecoming servers -- I give it 2 months tops..

I just feel like they are unable to admit they messed up, not after all the resources they invested in "Homecoming". My guess is that, even if the numbers are bad, they're gonna look and say it's because it's not balanced or its unfinished or whatever. They don't want to admit that they had a better game model before. But if they persist, I'm sure the game will shut down.

It would be nice to have an actual conversation with the devs in this regard.

Just bring back and make more TUTOR cards untill every deck can thin to 0, STOP making neutral card better than faction card or all leader will become neutral (which is boring) and there will be no faction identity, then maybe HC is as good as old Gwent (only consistency can bring back old Gwent's fan, hurry or there will be TOO LATE)

Last edited:
They don't want to admit that they had a better game model before. But if they persist, I'm sure the game will shut down.

I think what is likely will happen is, the CD Projekt Red developers will re-introduce cards back, reestablishing many aspects from Gwent Beta but not in totality. Although, I have had my doubts from the beginning of Homecoming - and I do not view this as the correct decision. I do believe this is how CD Projeckt Red will try and reconcile with old gamers.

I think it is obvious that they will be re-introducing cards back as we have already lost cards. The real question that is on everyone's mind is: will they do a good job at re-engineering the old experience of Gwent (will these old cards be implemented well)?

It would be nice to have an actual conversation with the devs in this regard.

CDPR is not a singular entity and during the development of Gwent, I am sure plenty of devs would have voiced there concerns about the game and ideas for improvement. When you want to have a conversation with CDPR, it goes through a (singular) PR manger and much will be lost in translation from both sides. This applies to every IT project.

It does not work that way, to have an actual conversation, and it never will. I speak from experience here. What we can use, though, are community representatives that can give the devs the distilled version of the feedback by the community. The things is, that's something CDPR is already doing by inviting streamers to the PTR to gather feedback. Some streamers were even part of the earlier development process.

Just bring back and make more TUTOR cards untill every deck can thin to 0

Yeah, no... that's actually one thing most players do agree on that shouldn't come back.

If you've been playing Gwent for quite a while like me (from summer 2017) you'd know how insufferable the beta became, especially the 4/5 months following the announcement of the Homecoming overhaul. I couldn't touch that game if they paid me to do it, it was frustrating to say the least playing against the same decks, archetypes, mechanics, etc every single day with no updates in sight.
That said, the game is still frustrating at times but bringing old Gwent would be suicidal and the final nail in the coffin. The one thing that I could see brought back and I would like it to be tested extensively by the devs is the old tavern board and card leaders since it most likely can't hurt anybody. I'm still not sold on the battlefield board.
I'd like to see the updating being done more regularly as I'm already tired of the current version of the game and games like this needs to be kept fresh monthly but I don't know anything about programming so I can't say much about this matter.

[...] Yeah, no... that's actually one thing most players do agree on that shouldn't come back.

Ok, then where is the most player go? back then when player complain about too much tutor but they still playing, now nearly no tutor and i can see a quite amount of player has left. You may say that because the lack of console player, then ok let's wait and see.

Oh! and one thing, you know people always say: "Be careful of what you wish for because you might get it. When you get it, you might not like it.". Man! People usually don't appreciate what they have until it's gone, i think that's exactly what happen now. I'm some one will miss the time they have a blacklist to mulligan, tutor the answer from their deck (especially when Vesemir: Mentor call out mandrake on a fully buffed Sabbath, feel-good-man)

[..] The one thing that I could see brought back and I would like it to be tested extensively by the devs is the old tavern board and card leaders [...]
As for those thing, i think it's not that hard just like board skin (make that look like old Gwent's board but still 2 row) and leader skin (made it look like a card, and only available with old board skin). But i don't think that gonna happen, because those thing will remind player how good Gwent used to be (with TUTOR CARD).

Last edited:
Really? Majority of players do not want utility (Tutor) cards? Why? What am I missing?

I think he meant the ability to reliably play the entire 25 card deck for every deck isn't necessarily a good idea. Better designed and/or slightly more tutor/thin cards is a different matter.

Why is a bit harder to answer. The easiest answer would be to refer to the post by Wildhunt above. The stale meta where everything revolves around a few archetypes, decks, etc. Too much reliability rapidly leads to such game play. It also tends to trivialize piloting a deck.

Ok, then where is the most player go? back then when player complain about to much tutor but they still playing, now nearly no tutor and i can see a quite amount of player has left. You may say that because the lack of console player, then ok let's wait and see.

Mind sharing your Gwent active player numbers? I don't mean numbers extrapolated from streams, forum posts or high profile streamer ragequit videos either.

Ok, then where is the most player go? back then when player complain about too much tutor but they still playing, now nearly no tutor and i can see a quite amount of player has left. You may say that because the lack of console player, then ok let's wait and see.

Homecoming completely revamped Gwent, but because of the lack of tutors, players have left, ignoring pretty much every other change, some even bigger. Sounds a bit odd, no? You personally really like tutors and that's okay. However, you have to understand very few player share this opinion of yours.

Really? Majority of players do not want utility (Tutor) cards? Why? What am I missing?

If every deck can consistently play all cards, then every game will almost play the same.

NOTE: My laptop's battery is dying. I'll post a longer reply later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom