Annoying Freezing in menu/inventory screen and overheating with SLI

+
Annoying Freezing in menu/inventory screen and overheating with SLI

I was reading a book and it just froze for no reason. This has happened at least 10 times already in menu screens/item screen/book screen/loot screen. It also seems that using SLI on Ultra without Hairworks makes the back of my case extremely hot, even with fan speed up to 85%. this is totally killing my enjoyment with the game immensely and am getting extremely frustrated. I'm using two 980s and this shouldn't be happening. AT ALL.

I updated my driver and everything and installed the, "patch." I'm already about to give up on this game. Here's my rig...

2 Superclocked 980s SLI

8 Core Vishera Cpu 4.0 GHZ

32GB Ram

1920x1200 Monitor 27inch
1920x1080 Second screen <not using eyefinity>

Agreed, it shouldn't be happening. It's time to break out the monitoring software. You need to check gpu and cpu usage and temps.

First might want to try disabling sli and then try each card separately.

Remember that finding the problem is all about eliminating possibilities.

I was trying to do that with EVGA precision, but my second monitor goes black when the game launches, so I can't even monitor it. I tried turning off SLI but my frames drop.

Why did you point me to that thread without saying why you did? If it's because you are annoyed that there is another thread on it, then I'm sorry but this is the only way the devs can see this issue is with more topics on it.

If that's not the case, then I apologize. That page was no help for me. I'll check the other pages.

I was trying to do that with EVGA precision, but my second monitor goes black when the game launches, so I can't even monitor it. I tried turning off SLI but my frames drop.

Run the game in windowed mode or alt+tab out to the precision software and take note of temps etc.

I run sli as well and it does get pretty warm so it might not be anything to worry about it could just be your exhaust working overtime due to the demand of the game.

axisofsmeagol's post above is for the menu/item screen freeze so that's a seperate issue to your temps.

Top Bottom