Any chance of Ingame footage at E3 2014?

+
It was never explicitly stated, but there is pretty much no chance for CP2077 in 2015. Adam Kiciński said in interview that "We are working on this game [CP2077] but I have to agree with thesis, that there is no sense in having two big premiers in one year".

Source.

But you do realize that it's a positive information, don't you? If they would be able to finish CP77 on schedule, as planned (and release it in 2015) then it means that their work is much more advanced than we all think it is. It means the game will have to come out somewhere in 2016, but it also means it'll be more polished too, or - in worst possible scenario - at least will not be rushed to meet the timetable. It also means that we shouldn't be afraid of CP77 making its appearance in 2017.

For my part I'm fairly unconcerned about "when" CP2077 comes out, I have faith it will. My concerns are "how" it will look and play.

But you do realize that it's a positive information, don't you? If they would be able to finish CP77 on schedule, as planned (and release it in 2015) then it means that their work is much more advanced than we all think it is. It means the game will have to come out somewhere in 2016, but it also means it'll be more polished too, or - in worst possible scenario - at least will not be rushed to meet the timetable. It also means that we shouldn't be afraid of CP77 making its appearance in 2017.

Well, it's only one possible interpretation. I'm guessing, that game will be out last quarter 2016, or first quarter 2017.

My concerns are "how" it will look and play.
Same, as much as I respect CDPR for the way they do game, I hope the gameplay will be great, because the witcher was pretty boring when it comes to action...
"click...click click.... click...click click", a GTA/ Mass Effect / Fallout mix would be great (in term of "action" gameplay)

Just bringing this in for you
RPG Site: How much cross-contamination is there between the people working on Witcher and Cyberpunk? Are you all one big team that will merely move on to that next year?

Teixeria: Oh, We're trying to work on both projects at the time. I'm actually not allowed to talk about Cyberpunk, but... Well, Cyberpunk, it's going on. It's obviously still in the fairly early stages. Right now everybody is focused on The Witcher, we're still trying to close this out. As soon as we're finished, though, we're very much looking forward to really pushing the spec forwards - and show it to the public, too, as it's been quite a long time!

Source:
http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/3663-talking-visual-fx-passion-witchers-with-cd-projekt-red

I don't care when it comes out as long as it does eventually come out. I'm a very patient person, although I'd like for it to arrive as soon as possible, I'd also like a very polished product too. Also, part of me kind of wants it to come out in 2020. Besides, there is going to be no shortage of game to play, October is coming.

Last edited:
Just bringing this in for you

RPG Site: At this point, I'm guessing the game is content complete...

Teixeria: ...The funny thing is, we've just released that pre-order trailer, The Sword of Destiny, and even in that... everybody keeps telling me how great it looks, I've been getting a lot of positive feedback. All I can see, though... ahh, this horse is missing his effects, ahh, this guy has a bad texture.. everything is wrong. I have to go back and fix everything!

I like Teixeria's attitude, and more importantly CDPRs for making the decision do delay in order to "get it right".

We probably won't see any gameplay until after The Witcher 3 comes out.

Which is logical as well as not even that bad.

I have waited almost two years now, I can wait just a bit longer.

And as we know, when TW3 is out of the way, all of CDPR's ressources will be pumped into CP. So I am really confident that we will see the first gameplay before May 2015.

RPG Site: Working in visual effects, it must be quite exciting to have that game on the horizon - lots of neon lighting and such...

Teixeria: Oh, it's so great. It's so different. We have... we have our, sort of... in the studio, we share a weekly email thread of inspiration. There's so much good stuff on there right now. As for Cyberpunk, that teaser... I've watched it over and over. I can't wait.

Seems like once Witcher 3 will be released, they'll have a lot of things to tell us about Cyberpunk 2077.

I try to keep my hype the lowest, even to forgot the game, because it's like it'll be released in 10years lol.
But goddamnit, I can't wait to see how it's going to look and play like.

I've adjusted my hype level to 1%. Hoping they show anything at all in 2015, since we can be sure they'll be patching TW3 for months after release. I don't necessarily mean that as an insult, it's just their MO, tweaking, fixing, adding etc. They'll be focusing on TW3 for quite some time.

I expect something once they've got TW3 out the door and patched the most glaring problems. Because about that time the majority of their resources will be moved to CP2077 and they should have the game design pretty well set. Sure some stuff will change right up until release and there will be tweaks afterwards.
At first there will be the typical general statements but nothing concrete and as it gets closer to release more and more will be said about the system but very little if anything about the story line.

I was wallowing in thinly veiled self pity here, and you just trampled all over it. Bastard.

"It's a living."

"You was home."

"Describe in single words, only the good things that come in to your mind about... your mother"

"Kaneda!"

Edit:

"Tetsuo!"

"Kaneda!"

"Tetsuo!"

Repeat.

Last edited:
And as we know, when TW3 is out of the way, all of CDPR's ressources will be pumped into CP. So I am really confident that we will see the first gameplay before May 2015.
We already know they're pumping resources into CP77. They're juggling people between both projects. What we don't know is how exactly advanced CP77 project is.

We already know they're pumping resources into CP77. They're juggling people between both projects. What we don't know is how exactly advanced CP77 project is.

Come on, the game looks awesome.
+5 rep for Slimgrim, sneaking inside CDPR's building isn't an easy task.

Top Bottom