Anybody have solution to too low difficulty?

+
Don't make op God characters = problem solved.
The players don't make the OP God characters, the developers do. It is their responsibility to ensure game balance and challenge. If a player makes an OP God character and this causes the game to be easy that is the DEVELOPER'S fault NOT the player's fault.

Any self imposed restrictions doesn't change the fact that the game itself is too easy. There isn't even one way to marginalize the difficulty in this game. There are a myriad of build choices that all make the game a cake walk, that is poor game design and the fault of the developers.

The players don't make the OP God characters, the developers do. It is their responsibility to ensure game balance and challenge. If a player makes an OP God character and this causes the game to be easy that is the DEVELOPER'S fault NOT the player's fault.

Any self imposed restrictions doesn't change the fact that the game itself is too easy. There isn't even one way to marginalize the difficulty in this game. There are a myriad of build choices that all make the game a cake walk, that is poor game design and the fault of the developers.
Incorrect. The developers have simply given you a choice. None of my 3 characters are op builds using ridiculous op weapons and armor and I find the game plenty challenging.

Gamers constantly want developers to gimp entire games because the player cannot be bothered to make a choice and live with the consequences.

Incorrect. The developers have simply given you a choice. None of my 3 characters are op builds using ridiculous op weapons and armor and I find the game plenty challenging.

Gamers constantly want developers to gimp entire games because the player cannot be bothered to make a choice and live with the consequences.
They created the choices, therefore they are responsible regardless of what the players choose.

Look in game very hard description says, that careful picking right skills and gearing up is necessary to survive. And thats what i expect.
I want my planning/gearing being pushed to the limit, i want a challenge. A sort of challenge that will require me to play good.

Ways how i can play worse is not a solution for me.

With how this game works its not ever going to be darksouls, but something like simple mod to halve v armour and multiply enemy hp*their level would bring some fun to another playtrough.

Play a 3,3,3,3,3 build and try to reach level 50 on very hard without investing in attribute or perks. Don't get cyberware other than from mandatory Viktor's cyberware. Someone has done it, he is a legend. youtube channel is Prenatual.

Fear the Ripper vs 33333 Build

Stealth takedown on Adam Smashing

You have to wait till they update the perks and upgrades get nerfed. So that these combos cost a lot more. Or are not viable anymore.

OMG lol. Perhaps try a new hobby?
Why would I do that?
Post automatically merged:

Look in game very hard description says, that careful picking right skills and gearing up is necessary to survive. And thats what i expect.
I want my planning/gearing being pushed to the limit, i want a challenge. A sort of challenge that will require me to play good.

Ways how i can play worse is not a solution for me.

With how this game works its not ever going to be darksouls, but something like simple mod to halve v armour and multiply enemy hp*their level would bring some fun to another playtrough.
This person gets it

I just like the simple solution of leave it as is for the ppl who enjoy it as is but provide a means for others to cater difficulty for themselves in the form of something like Skulls from Halo
This! There has been I think at least 3 different topics about post game systems like that with pretty damn good ideas IMO. Until existing perks are fixed and people can try things out in practice those discussions are moot, but that really is just for now.

Not sure why anybody would want to play a cyber hacking game that has cool weapons, and not use cyber hacks or cool weapons. Surely at this point you should be playing a completely different game?

Use a defective mouse. Most first person shooters aren't all that challenging once you're good at the shooting part.

honestly u can wreck anything in the game with common or uncommon weapons if you level up just a bit, or you know use legendary shortcircuit, makes even the worst weapons OP.
To actually have it feel like a difficult game you'd have to limit yourself to those weapons but appropriate to your level, not use cyberware, no grenades and no perks and only common clothes, its actually enjoyable...if you get hit you die but if you plan your moves well and use all types of weapons for different situations its easy.
Use a defective mouse. Most first person shooters aren't all that challenging once you're good at the shooting part.
you could play the game with your feet and still be OP once you know what the good abilities and weapons are.

Yeah, it is odd. I finished it on PC, on high difficulty. The only problem I has was a fight with Oda. Smasher was pretty easy to kill - pity though.

honestly u can wreck anything in the game with common or uncommon weapons if you level up just a bit, or you know use legendary shortcircuit, makes even the worst weapons OP.
To actually have it feel like a difficult game you'd have to limit yourself to those weapons but appropriate to your level, not use cyberware, no grenades and no perks and only common clothes, its actually enjoyable...if you get hit you die but if you plan your moves well and use all types of weapons for different situations its easy.

you could play the game with your feet and still be OP once you know what the good abilities and weapons are.

It's a common feature in RPG's even Bethesada games have ridiculously OP one-shot builds in most of their games. The easiest way for a designer to balance a game is to keep RPG elements to a minimum to avoid creating OP synergies between skills.

Legendary Shortcircuit requires 20 points invested in the INT stat, not every player has access to it. Netrunning is an analogue to mage classes in other RPGs which tend to be OP. If you don't find that playstyle fun, there are other builds to spec into. I'm not really sure how someone could spec into a high damage, no aim ability expecting it to test their skill.

It's a common feature in RPG's even Bethesada games have ridiculously OP one-shot builds in most of their games. The easiest way for a designer to balance a game is to keep RPG elements to a minimum to avoid creating OP synergies between skills.

Legendary Shortcircuit requires 20 points invested in the INT stat, not every player has access to it. Netrunning is an analogue to mage classes in other RPGs which tend to be OP. If you don't find that playstyle fun, there are other builds to spec into. I'm not really sure how someone could spec into a high damage, no aim ability expecting it to test their skill.
nope, you can get it with 3 int( there are access points with no requirement that drop legendary quickhacks, but its not easy to get all of em, or even the ones you want, you also need to not do the ping quest and is much faster to get em if you have 12 int), wont do much dmg but 4-5k(almost 7k with 12int) added to every shot is still good also I was talking about how you don't even need any of that and still have a good time in the game :p you don't even need to spec into weapons or use good ones to do high dmg, or use shortcircuit, or perks, or cyberware. Just pick a sniper weapon at range, a revolver up close, use cover and you can finish the game with common rarity items and no iconics. That's why its too easy, AI sucks, enemy netrunners don't do anything you can do, snipers rarely shoot through cover and take their time even on very hard. If the playing field was more even and different types of enemies had abilities you can have... than we would finally no longer be OP and we wouldn't have these talks about how the game is too easy.
So to balance the game sure abilities aren't perfect and a lot of em don't work.. but good enemies would make our OP builds useful and fun, that's what needs to be done...maybe in a difficulty setting above very hard.

Last edited:
Heh. Sardakaur's PnP suggestions could be a crazy game mode. Other than that, allow me to sum this up (with mild conflation and hyperbole).

P1: The game is too easy because I am massively OP. I hate being massively OP.
P2: Hmm. I die, like, more that I'd care to admit. Maybe you could try not being massively OP?
P1: But then I wouldn't be OP! I didn't read three guides, watch eight youtubes, and complete three playthroughs to be average!
P2: Wait, didn't you just say you hate being...know what, never mind. Have you tried a self limiting run?
P1: Never! I want to take part in making an OP slaughtermaster! The devs suck because I can make an OP slaughtermaster! If only they didn't feed my need to do exactly the thing I try to do!
P2: You know, I really haven't had that probl--
P1: Because you are teh newbz! If only you knew the stealth-dumpster exploit, the auto-athletics level exploit, and found the places they didn't foresee players taking a few variables to the max then exploited well beyond the clear intent of game design, you would be the leetz.
P2: Uh...so...if I try to break the game by finding a few holes or unforeseen min-maxes - you know, because it's a human endeavor on a massive scale which is sure to have ways to game the system -I can find a way, and then blame the devs when I do it and find the game too easy?
P1: Exactly!
P2: Right. I think the game might not be the problem.
P1: Wrong! The problem is I am the mega awesome because I carefully broke the game, and they didn't write a game only for me that evolves into a new harder mode every time I find a new way to be OP! Oh god how I hate being OP, but I am tragically doomed to min-max and follow internet guides.
P2: ....I think we've come full circle.

Guest 4375874

Easy. Try not scouring the internet for tutorials on OP equipment and anyone who complains about the difficulty has most likely done that. I'm on my second playthrough....no tutorials for the best weapons or cyberware, just playing as the game was intended and I'm getting my ass handed to me on the highest difficulty. Yes when you get to lvl 40 for example it feels a bit easier but that's kinda the point, if I didn't feel as though I was growing in strength then what's the point. I wouldn't mind new game + offering a bit more of a challenge but for the base game starting from the bottom I'm good with things as they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom