Anyone else gonna spend alot of time in the character creator?

+
Probably going to spend a while in the CC. But I worry if we won't be able to edit our character after creation. Sometimes the lighting and environments don't work the same out in the real game. You might make a mistake on your eyes or hair, and then have to restart again.

With the level of customization they're offering, you can bet people will be posting youtube videos of the craziest characters you've ever seen.

I will probably spend a while making my first character. For subsequent playthroughs, it will depend on how much I actually saw my V. Although I may end up making a lot of crazy characters just for laughs, so probably a decent amount of time regardless.

But I worry if we won't be able to edit our character after creation. Sometimes the lighting and environments don't work the same out in the real game. You might make a mistake on your eyes or hair, and then have to restart again.

I hope you can, it fits with the theme of trans-humanism that you could go to a cosmetic cybersurgeon and edit how you look.

I can't wait. There's a lot of looking forward to in this game and this is pretty up there on the list. And the level of detail definitely contributes to that. There's nothing worse than a character creator but you can't really get into it and immerse yourself in the game like this is me, this is what I would look like in this world.

Yes
I hope it will be possible to create a more handsome/crazy character than the standard V, lots hair options and color mix. praying to see a galaxy hair and neon options. :ROFLMAO: :sad:
I would like to create a character similar to my avatar maybe..

I'll probably spend a couple of hours in the CC to make something that looks cool in those conditions, play the game until I realise I've created a monstrosity when viewed from a different angle or different lighting (or I simply don't like the hair being that shade of red) and start over.

This may happen more than once.

I already have any specific V's in mind because I'm going to use my OCs lol. It's just deciding who to use first that's the problem (I'm 90% sure I'll be able to recreate them in CC)

I'll probably spend a couple of hours in the CC to make something that looks cool in those conditions, play the game until I realise I've created a monstrosity when viewed from a different angle or different lighting (or I simply don't like the hair being that shade of red) and start over.

This may happen more than once.
A pain I know all to well as well. 😂 Saints Row 3 and 4 ccs are particularly painful memory of this.

Despite the fact that it seems kind of pointless, I will absolutely spend at least an hour making sure my character looks justtttt right.

Probably not, assuming it will be without seamless sliders, I already know the rough look for my character preferences based on gender, meaning I'll likely fiddle a bit and try things, but quickly settle. So "a lot of time" surely won't be hours. I think I can get it done within 30 minutes or less.

A pain I know all to well as well. 😂 Saints Row 3 and 4 ccs are particularly painful memory of this.
You dont have to worry about that cause people who've played the game said it was super easy to make an attractive character. With all the presets I know it'll be quality looking features lol. Not like Bloodborne etc

Mass Effect (one), Fallout 4, and several MMOs all resulted in the creation of abominations. The worst ones are those that didn't allow you to rotate the head enough to get a good look at the cheekbones from all angles, and/or used a weird lighting system that completely messes up the color balance compared to the lighting in game.

To be fair you could edit your character whenever you wanted in SR.

True enough. However something about the CC environment means, characters never look the same in real world as they do in the CC. It like general graphical quality decrease.
Mass Effect (one), Fallout 4, and several MMOs all resulted in the creation of abominations. The worst ones are those that didn't allow you to rotate the head enough to get a good look at the cheekbones from all angles, and/or used a weird lighting system that completely messes up the color balance compared to the lighting in game.

I can agree to Mass Effect. The funny thing is for me the issue is always the nose, i cant seem to get it right.

i'm spending a day in the char creator. as a way to let the day 1 patch come out, and also to deny myself the mad dash into the game. i don't wanna burn myself out, so i'll calmly explore the char creator meticulously...and then after the patch is released, make my way into Night City :)
What patch? What do you mean?
Post automatically merged:

I just hope there isn't any gender locked hairstyles, that annoyed me in the Mass Effect series (so glad that Andromeda rectificed that in a patch)
I agree it would be nice if everyone can use all hairstyles.

Without a default? Yeah, I would’ve spend at least a dozen. I did for Monster Hunter World.

Since the default is pretty good however, I’ll just pick that and get to playing right away.

Female default - Corpo playthrough first.
Male default - Streetkid playthrough second.
Only on my third playthrough will I use customisation extensively to create a Nomad.

Top Bottom