Anyone else using Menno?

+
Anyone else using Menno?

Hey, Just curious if anyone is using Menno, I've been trying him out recently and have been getting decent results, Mainly from playing spies such as Cantarella, De Wett and the Bronzies etc.. reaping the benefits of which the cards give then when my opponent passes or thinks they are in a comfortable spot dropping Menno for a 30+ Swing, not alot of people excspect it... Obviously I'd only play him with Moorvran or Emyhr seeing as if you want to steal back spies it wouldn't be very beneficial.. but yeah.. just curious if other people run Menno.

Yeah! I use Menno in a similar way as you (same turn playing Joachim and Cantarella), but I also have Iris in my deck, which makes for a nice big swing sometimes. Doesn't work all the time, as the opponent might pass before I can get all the spies out, but when it does, it's so satisfying. You're right, I don't feel like people are expecting Menno. Most people seem to expect the treason on just Cantarella, but being able to get rid of all spies (plus when I can get Iris off) makes a huge swing.

I play it and I have nice results with it, mostly if I have also cantarella in hand. Sometimes unfortunately I did not have any spies to kill because the timing was not right but it still is 10 gold which is nice. But it feels like it is not so common, sometimes people do not expect it.

If my avatar isnt a giveaway :)

I run with menno most of the time in my JC deck. Out of all the NG matches ive faced i have never seen him used on me once.

Pros:
.Catches alot of people off guard. They usually expect a throw away round when you start dumping your spies.
. Solid gold 10 unit
. If you position your spies and they are getting buffed from commaders horn, other unit abilities and such. Burn them down and you are really taking points away.

Cons:
. Setting up for the combo. Ideally you want to use the cantarella + op combo and even decoy for it. Sometimes you dont get the draw of cards you need and its pretty much a busted match.
. Monster consume = forget about the combo completely.
. NR Gold = While not impossible its almost not worth the effort to try. With so many ways for them to convert units to gold. Sure you can d bomb and then do it but its a waste of cards to try and even the playing field.
. Opponents playing through it = Unless they take the bite and pass all they have to do is keep playing. Its just a bonus for them and the spies. Thats why i like to run JC with it. In case i need to call them back.

Its imo one of the most fun combos to pull off. Just know with the current decks its a lot harder to pull off.

Lim3zer0;n8409120 said:
Bl00dGeist

interesting you run menno in a Calveit deck.
Any reason why you chose both? usually you run either one or the other as I feel they are anti-synergistic.

The reason i like to run with JC and Menno is to have the options. I dont know if i should share with you as my intell informed me you were helping out on the Northern Realm side a few posts ago...;-) but I will anyway lol.

As we all NG brothers know, our gameplay is about intel, spies and deciet. By now everyone knows about what decks will be played most of the time with the leaders.

With JC its obvious you are going to dump a bunch of spies and recall them. From my experience with just that its not always easy to get the combs and cards needed. If you barely get it off usually you had to over extend your play. So to help lift the pressure i brought meno aboard. I decided if i cant always have all my spies burn them down! Here are the scenerios.

. When dumping spies i would aim for just emissaries, de wett, embas. Give them the impression im going to burn my leader right away (which i would most cases). They pass and i get the win When i recall.
. Next round i start dumping op + canterlla. Give the impression im throwing the round and preparing for round three with card draws. A lot of times they pass and feel confident when they have such a high score from two to three cantarellas. I bring meno in after they pass, execute the traders and play the rest of my hand and get a win.
. I will reverse the style from who i burn and save depending on the situation.
. When Letho was working properly, again same thing. If the match goes to round three and i can't retrieve him id play letho, gobble up the biggest units and take him out. Ideally id rather call him back but because of the broken mechanic ive had to find a work around.

Before it was so broken with Letho and position mechanics, this was the only deck i rolled within rank and i even had close to a 2-1 win ratio. It really got me far and was a ton of fun to play (still is if they ever fix Letho)

Bl00dGeist ah... nice.

Bl00dGeist;n8409310 said:
I dont know if i should share with you as my intell informed me you were helping out on the Northern Realm side a few posts ago...;-)

"The north shall tuck tail and beg for mercy, that is it's destiny"

Somewhat off topic. My list of favourite factions goes NG-ST-MO-SK-NR

Top Bottom