bad Building/Texture LOD anybody knows how to fix this?

+
bad Building/Texture LOD anybody knows how to fix this?

Hi,
i wanted to make a great flyover Video of the new Witcher, but unfortunately the LOD destroys all beauty.
Objects and Detail are popping up very late and i'm wondering if any Config Adjustment could fix this.
If I just could adjust Config for an UBER LOD Setting i could achieve something close to this...
because closest Detail Setting looks like this

or this(where therse no popping up and textures are crystal clear from distance)

Unfortunately the LOD isnt adjustable from my Point of view so the result is popping structures...
[Watch HD please and take a look to the right Stone Building or the one in the center)

So anybody knows how to adjust LOD???(no matter the fps)

Last edited:
LOD and overall draw distance seems to have taken a pretty big hit in 1.04. There's been zero response about it from CDPR, so its very possible its part of the "optimizations" they stated, or maybe just a bug. If you're just wanting flyover etc, running 1.03 may help a bit ,though to ME at least, the vegitation looks much flatter and the textures don't get the mipmapbias improvements.

There's about 50 of these threads already. Some .ini tweaks may help with shadow draw distance and vegetation to a minor degree, but nothing seems to be accessible for buildings/people/hair etc.

I even already tried to unpack the COnten Bundle Dara and changed XML files there but no impact-.-
Cant search for LOD thread in the Forum because Search claims that 'LOD' is to short word to search for^^

Yeah, I wasn't getting on your case about a new post about it. Im actually extremely glad you have such a great example. There's a bunch of people on the threads claiming it isn't an actual problem and can't be duplicated. NVIDIA's .ini tweak guide (http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide) is super useful. Though it was written on 1.02/1.03, and im not sure if its been updated at all. Breaks down the few options you have for increased draw distance etc.

This increased draw distance is for foliage and gras only unfortunately
respectively does just sharpen the shown textures

Last edited:
yeah, for the time being its pretty limited, and 1.04 really did seem to cut it back pretty substantially. Im hoping it is just a bug forcing low LOD settings to be applied no matter what or some such thing. But CDPR has been completely silent on the matter unfortunately

Is there some thread here wth a list of already known visual bugs? Such as this LOD issue... I noticed it from the very start and it seems it was there in 1.03, or even earlier. The nvidia tweaking guide referenced above is not helpful on this issue, I thought that
edit TextureMemoryBudget= in the [Rendering] section
is just about that, but no. Then what this setting changes?

Is there some thread here wth a list of already known visual bugs? Such as this LOD issue... I noticed it from the very start and it seems it was there in 1.03, or even earlier. The nvidia tweaking guide referenced above is not helpful on this issue, I thought that

is just about that, but no. Then what this setting changes?

It seems to be hardcoded. I didn't notice it as much in 1.03, but 1.04 it catches my eye constantly. Im hoping one of the reasons 1.05 has been delayed is they are actually working on providing meaningful LOD tweak settings etc. But i don't really expect that to be the case.

They won't answer. Don't want to be bitter about this, but they never addressed this problem.
CDPR, not the "cool" developer I thought they were.

So it seems that after 1.05 patch there is no change to a very low LOD distance.((( Houses pop up from nowhere, stones on the shore a appearing from air just in 10 meters from camera and ect. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.
Looks like a rushed game now.

P.S. Everyone is having this problem since 1.4 right?

Last edited:
LOD and overall draw distance seems to have taken a pretty big hit in 1.04. There's been zero response about it from CDPR, so its very possible its part of the "optimizations" they stated, or maybe just a bug. If you're just wanting flyover etc, running 1.03 may help a bit ,though to ME at least, the vegitation looks much flatter and the textures don't get the mipmapbias improvements.

There's about 50 of these threads already. Some .ini tweaks may help with shadow draw distance and vegetation to a minor degree, but nothing seems to be accessible for buildings/people/hair etc.

I saw it to, now i know that i am not crazy xD
It destroys the gameplay by allot in my opinion, i remember when the game went public on may the 19, there was no shitty drawdistance, or suddently npc,s that come out of the middle of nowhere.

And the textures where far more better then after al those patches.

Last edited:
Arent all of the "fixes" for out of date or older cards? When did we start thinking that my older less powerful piece of hardware should be able to max out everything like the new things can. It's become so bad that companies are now intentionally dumbing down their products to assuage all the whining and in the process breaking their game for those that upgrade on a decent schedule.

I haven't noticed any changes in building LoD since the game launched. It's remained the same for me and whilst it's obviously not the same as the prerelease footage, it's still very good. Building LoD draw distance seems to be hard coded, unlike shadow and foliage.

Also, LoD draw distance is likely dependent on hardware as well. Don't expect a GTX 680 with 2GB of VRAM to have the same LoD draw distance as a GTX 980 with twice the amount of VRAM.

NPC pop in on the other hand is definitely somewhat bugged, and I know that CDPR is actively looking into this.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any changes in building LoD since the game launched. It's remained the same for me and whilst it's obviously not the same as the prerelease footage, it's still very good. Building LoD draw distance seems to be hard coded, unlike shadow and foliage.

Also, LoD draw distance is likely dependent on hardware as well. Don't expect a GTX 680 with 2GB of VRAM to have the same LoD draw distance as a GTX 980 with twice the amount of VRAM.

NPC pop in on the other hand is definitely somewhat bugged, and I know that CDPR is actively looking into this.

I have a GTX 980 and the faces LoD is horrible in both 1920x1080P Medium and 4K Ultra.

Top Bottom