Beehives not appering anymore or not interactive.

+
Beehives not appering anymore or not interactive.

Hi CDprojekt red , first of all , i wanna thank you for your constant support to the game and attention to community feedback , and thank you for such an awesome game!

ok , here's the issue , as the title of my post says , it seems that beehives do not spawn anymore in the game world , i'm at Skellige at the moment , and nothing seems to fix this , i tried quick travel to other locations , selling the honeycombs that i already have , with no luck , please , fix this bug CDprojekt , if i can help in any way , sending my save file or something , let me know , and I'll try and help or detailing the matter in more detail

have a nice day , and thank you guys again for this game.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Skelige is supposed to have beehives? I'm there too at the moment and haven't seen beehives either, but I still come across them in Velen/Novigrad? You tried looking for them over there?

Sure Flowzord , sorry , maybe i didn't explain myself properly , what i meant was that there aren't any beehives in the game world , refering to Skellige and Velen , Novigrad or White Orchard , there aren't any , at all , in those regions , when they are supposed to spawn on tree barks , and a few other places.

and and by the way , there are bee farms near Novigrad , that i can't interact with , or loot honey from them neither.

oh , and this is on PS4 by the way , i have had the same issue from patch 1.0 , until now at the latest one.

Last edited:
Hmm,, that's indeed strange. I know I can't interact with every bee farm either, but only some of them (highlighted with the witcher senses).
Hopefully CDPR will address your problem soon, maybe you can try to reload an older which you are certain the problem didn't occur yet...

Silly question.. but when i got honeycomb... i had to knock the hive off with ard (if thats the force push one) and then use igni to kill the bees..?

Silly question.. but when i got honeycomb... i had to knock the hive off with ard (if thats the force push one) and then use igni to kill the bees..?

Yes , you can use Aard to Knock the hive off as you say , or either use Aard , and Igni later killing the bees , or using only Igni , knocking the beehive down and killing them in one step.

I noticed this too. I moved from White Orchard to Velen just after the last patch. Tried to burn a hive in White Orchard, didn't work, figured I might have found one bugged one. But have not seen any hives since moving to Velen. Assumed it was just designed that way, with hives restricted to White Orchard.

Update: I went back to White Orchard and was able to use Aard/Igni against and loot a couple of hives on trees.

Last edited:
There are also apiaries scattered around. Honeyfill meadworks east of Novigrad for instance has several beehives, they look like mini towers, you can loot them for honey comb.

I looted several last night.

Last edited:
There are also apiaries scattered around. Honeyfill meadworks east of Novigrad for instance has several beehives, they look like mini towers, you can loot them for honey comb.

I looted several last night.

Those aren't working neither , looks like bees are dying víctims of a plague in my game , I'm serious , there's no way at the moment for me to obtain honeycombs , i can only do so through merchants.

It is most likely a bug then, yeah. Either that or beehives do not respawn at all, and I'm not sure if they do?

Or CDPR decided to replicate real life, with parasites killing off all the bees :p

Top Bottom