Birna Discards When Deck Is Empty

+
Hi guys! Can someone clarify to me if this is intended? Because I find it pretty dumb.

I just played a match in which the oponnent milled my deck and I had no cards left to draw. So I thought to myself, since I can't draw, Birna won't trigger the Discard ability either, and that was my mistake. Birna discarded two cards from my hand and I ended up with -2 cards. Now let's read the card's description:
Deploy: Draw 2 cards, then Discard 2 cards.
The description implies that the events unfold in the following order, Draw then Discard. So why would it discard if nothing is drawn? I can surely play around this issue by keeping her as my last card, but why would I have to do that? Isn't it more intuitive to just ignore the Discard if there's no deck left?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I can surely play around this issue by keeping her as my last card, but why would I have to do that? Isn't it more intuitive to just ignore the Discard if there's no deck left?

The same problem occurs when you use Birna with 10 cards in hand. She will only draw one card and then discard two. I think it's still fair and an interesting mechanic you'll have to remember. Some of your own cards can burn you, quite literally in the case of Scorch.

Regardless, the card's description is indeed not entirely clear. So, at the very least, that should be changed.

Also, all deploy abilities have to happen and are not optional. This matters for cards like Heymaey Skald where you do not always want to discard a card.

The same problem occurs when you use Birna with 10 cards in hand. She will only draw one card and then discard two.

I believe she still draws 2 cards, but the second one will be burned. Birna is fine, in fact, one of the strongest SK cards. Hand limit is the problem.

Top Bottom