[BUG] Can't loot objects after starting Family Matters quest

+

Guest 4385573

As the title says.
Everything went easy and fun since I reached the Bloody Baron, then the dialog cutscene started and the playout as Ciri followed.
During the Ciri's Wolf King mission there wasn't any problem, but as soon as I played Geralt again, then I wasn't able to open any container (let alone loot it).
The message "E Loot" above the object still shows up but no loot menu appears. I can extinguish/ignite things, talk to people, examine things but no looting, not even the plants in the garden outside.

I play a vanilla version of the game, no mods, no cheats. I have already updated the DirectX and the game files, as well as replaying the whole part loading a previous file (and it went the same: all goes well until after the Ciri playthrough).

I play on a PC, Windows 10 Home (v1903, build 18362.592); CPU Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2600MHz, RAM 16 GB DDR4, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, HDD SSD 512 GB partitioned in C: (OS) and D: (other programs and games).

Thanks for looking into this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4385573

Thanks for your fast reply.
Sadly yes, I verified the game files integrity and even reinstalled it once, obviously without positive results.

A strange issue. Maybe check out some of the suggestions from here (they are useful for various issues):

If nothing helps, you can contact CDPR support directly here:
(click on „Contact us“ after reading the information)

Keep in mind, if you ever had installed a mod in the past, that might still affect the game.

Top Bottom