[BUG REPORT] Witcher 3 v1.11 shadows bug

+
[BUG REPORT] Witcher 3 v1.11 shadows bug

Hardware/software: Intel CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.4 Ghz, 12 GB of Ram, Radeon HD 7970m with 15.7.1 drivers (up to date), and windows 7 SP1 (up to date).

Bug: When riding/walking through certain “darker” shadows, the protagonist’s skin becomes pitch black. Also, there is visible changes on horse (Rouch) textures, they become darker too.

To recreate the bug, simply go to the second map of the game (Velen - No Man's Land) there is a first small village, and just ride to the right of the village (using the road).

Such “riding”, video
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zba4ce4wCYs&feature=youtu.be

(!) also at the very end of the video there is exact location (of one of many) for this bugs recreation.

As seen in the video, once you pass the certain “dark” shadow, character’s skin becomes black. To solve this you either ride back through that same shadow (as seen in the video). Restarting the game, or running through other shadow elsewhere also does the trick. I don’t know. Sounds like magic?... it is weird, I agree.

Important thing to note is that this bug only occurs in second map of the game: Velen – No Man’s Land (maybe afterwards too – I’m not sure, because I’ve not progressed that far). In the first map – White Orchard I’ve never once encountered this bug (walked through that place “thrue and thrue”), and in second map Bug is apparent after ~10 minutes. And everywhere – there are more than one place with those “bug inducing” shadows.

The version of game I’m talking about here is 1.11. This is important, because, before buyng it on steam, I’ve tried it let’s call it “for free”. It’s €42. I had to (try before buyng that is). And what I tried for free, was GOG version 1.04, and there I’ve explored almost all the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] region, the shadow buggy stuff, that I’m encountering in 1.11 wasn't there.

Thank you for any help whatsoever, or solutions to this annoyance.

---------- Updated at 07:24 PM ----------

Guess I forgot to mention, that I do not use any mods. All free DLC is downloaded and active.

Also: do developers answer to these kind of inquiries?​ And how would one know if this will be fixed?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 186
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 173
Well you do realize you aren't even close to the minimum system requirements? Mobile graphics cards are not officially supported and you cpu is a bit under spec. Your issue is most likely hardware related.

Yeah, I thaught about hardware, but as I've mentioned, 1.04 was runing great, without any shadow bugs. Also, White Orchard was runing without any bugs even on v1.11. And as seen in the video, does that look like a hardware bug to you?... I'm not stating the opposite, because I don't know, but to me it seems like a regular bug.

As for minimum specs, I think those are inflated, I'm geting 35-50 fps most of the time on 1080 medium settings, no aa stuff. CPU I'm ithink hyperthreads or whatever to 3,4 Ghz, so no bottleneck there.

Anyway, I should just buy new PC is what you are sayng? This bug (or not bug) will not be adressed?

Yeah, I thaught about hardware, but as I've mentioned, 1.04 was runing great, without any shadow bugs. Also, White Orchard was runing without any bugs even on v1.11. And as seen in the video, does that look like a hardware bug to you?... I'm not stating the opposite, because I don't know, but to me it seems like a regular bug.

As for minimum specs, I think those are inflated, I'm geting 35-50 fps most of the time on 1080 medium settings, no aa stuff. CPU I'm ithink hyperthreads or whatever to 3,4 Ghz, so no bottleneck there.

Anyway, I should just buy new PC is what you are sayng? This bug (or not bug) will not be adressed?

No I'm not dismissing that it could be a bug or saying that you should buy a pc just stating simply that you don't meet the specs and because of that the devs may not take as serious a look at this as the other bug reports. As to the video it is hard for me to tell for certain atm as I am sitting in the bright sun in the car pool lane to pick up kids at school but yes that looks like a hardware issue to me. It looks like the hardware is having trouble communicating with the software and causing the bug and it didn't happen till Velen because it is a much bigger area and requires more memory.

Yes, but still the argument stands - v1.4 worked without any miscomunications between hardware and software, shadows, etc. were okay. What I'm tryng to say, that maybe the bug was introduced with later patch'es.

Thanks for the answers!

Top Bottom