[Bug] Toxicity

+
Hi there,
maybe everyone already knows this, but I thought I might share my finding from reddid [1] and my own testing here too:

After the 4.0 Update my savegame loaded with toxicity level outsave save threshold while no potion or decoctions was active. Taking white honey or meditating didn't fix it. But: Saving manually (haven't tested other variants) after taking white honey and then loading this savegame did fix this issue!
I tested the alchemy nerf for my game: Before I could take 3 decoctions and fit one further potion in before falling outside the save threshold. Now it's two decoctions and two potions. And as I'm merely lvl 40 and way below maxed out: In my opinion that's quite okay!

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/Witcher3/comments/zlruox

Hi there,
maybe everyone already knows this, but I thought I might share my finding from reddid [1] and my own testing here too:

After the 4.0 Update my savegame loaded with toxicity level outsave save threshold while no potion or decoctions was active. Taking white honey or meditating didn't fix it. But: Saving manually (haven't tested other variants) after taking white honey and then loading this savegame did fix this issue!
I tested the alchemy nerf for my game: Before I could take 3 decoctions and fit one further potion in before falling outside the save threshold. Now it's two decoctions and two potions. And as I'm merely lvl 40 and way below maxed out: In my opinion that's quite okay!

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/Witcher3/comments/zlruox
Heya! Did your saving your game and reloading it work for you? I know it's been like a month now since you made these comments! But I just found your posts and I am curious if you got this sorted out or not! <3

I'm curious if you might be able to take off your alchemy abilities for a moment and play around a bit with some easier content that you can handle to see if this bug resets? I noticed that even before with alchemy, I would make changes to my toxicity levels with abilities or adding more potions and it not updating right away until I would get into combat or taking a new potion or something. I always found that rather strange.

The new update REALLY nerfed alchemy abilities so they are not nearly as effective, and perhaps the update didn't install properly for you?

A lot of people in another thread on Reddit are saying that this whole nerfing system was because The Euphoria builds were just way too OP and I am entirely in agreement with that. It doesn't need to be that easy before even starting NG+ imo :)

Acquired tolerance went from 1 point of toxicity per potion recipe learned to only 0.5 toxicity and;

Heightened Tolerance went from overdose threshold being 100% to 80 % now :s

But if you are using Heightened Tolerance you shouldn't be taking damage at 77% because that is under 80! So I'm curious if you're using that ability at the moment?

Edit!!: I am not noticing that I also take damage 10 points short of 80% toxicity :(

But also, decoctions that cost 70 toxicity now only cost 50 to offset this nerf! Just something maybe to keep in mind about the update? So I didn't really notice it because I felt strong enough only running 2 decoctions. I'm level 70 on Death March and using enemy upscaling and I'm still using all of my gear from my first play-through except for my steel sword, and I'm just using The Blade From The Bits that I got to upgrade in NG+ lol which is a really weak sword even after the scaling with character level.

That still doesn't explain why your toxicity is being stuck at 77 though...

Would you be interested in sharing your stats window (which, I'm sorry if I'm wrong but it should be on the C key while you're in your inventory window?) so people might be able to get an idea of what's going on for you right now? That and your ability window would be great!

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having this issue though! It seems absolutely game-breaking! And I hope you can find a resolution to your issue as soon as possible!

Also! I didn't have a difficult time understanding your English skills at all! I think you did an excellent job considering that this isn't your first language! I cannot speak Polish or any other language than English, so I really respect your skills with it <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom