Bugs and Glitches are overshadowed how bad the core game actually is

+
It really depends on your definition of a Role Playing Game. If all it takes to be a Role Playing Game is to play a role, Mario for the NES is a RPG.
Na my fav games are Mass Effect, Final Fantasy 13, Dark Cloud, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy X, Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Persona 4 & 5, Final Fantasy Tactics, Outerworlds

all different flavors of RPG - to me progression and story is what drives RPG's as a genre - but YoU CwoUlD APpWy Tht 2 ANythING /s

This choice thing is kinda crazy to me, cause I have played the witcher 3 three times, and it's not like you play a different game by making different choices. You just get a different story book type ending/cutscene. However I do agree cyberpunk does't offer choice, but are we gonna say Final Fantasy games aren't RPG's even though they are linear ASF?

DA:O and MASS EFFECT (original trilogy) those games had cool choices with consequences(minus the obvious color coded ending of ME3.
Classic JRPGs are often linear BUT compensate with having a massive long fulfilling journey of many hundreds of hours with a triumphant satisfying long ending. Their RPG focus is on the core mechanics.

Either way, we got none of that with CP2077.

Na my fav games are Mass Effect, Final Fantasy 13, Dark Cloud, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy X, Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Persona 4 & 5, Final Fantasy Tactics, Outerworlds

all different flavors of RPG - to me progression and story is what drives RPG's as a genre - but YoU CwoUlD APpWy Tht 2 ANythING /s
Several of those games are some of my all time favorite games too but you still haven't defined what an RPG is but rather you've listed 'flavors' of RPG's which doesn't really say much. Is Borderlands an RPG in your mind? If it isn't, is CP2077 10% more of an RPG than Borderlands because they're similar games. If you want to call CP2077 an RPG that's fine but outside of any subjective perception I can't see how it is much of one at all and that's probably why CDPR eventually changed the description of it on their Twitter from RPG to Action Adventure.

On a decent PC the game is unfuckingbelievable. Gorgeous and running at 120 fps average, which makes the gameplay so much better. Played it on console at a friends house and I almost cried for him, I can't imagine having fun playing at 30 fps. The controls were SO bad and unresponsive, especially for a first person game you need performance > quality. Holy shit was that trash, he said he got used to it since almost all games run at 30 fps..

But, the state the game was released in is obviously unacceptable. Rushed by stockholders and the corpos? Must be, no way CDPR would have such low standards. Having said that, Witcher 3 came out in quite the rough state too.. It was fixed over the years and now plays and runs perfect.

Marketing hype was just too big to fit the game I guess. I'm enjoying it so much, I'm addicted. But it's easy to talk with a beast PC and modding (NPC's behave differently for instance, and shit driving has been fixed).

Idk if this is where u post about bugs and/or glitches this is first forum I found. when I was play as Johnny silverhand I think it was the second time u play as him I'm not entirely sure but the whole screen went blue I could see random parts of stuff in the world like a leg sticking out of all the blue I could hear my self move around and shooting so I ended up restarting the game and it fixed it. I did have a bunch of other bugs and glitches but most of them already been reported by other players.

Go Play Elex by Piranha Bytes. They are hardcore dedicated to their games. What you're going to experience is 2 differing levels of adequacy - Elex is a fantastic RPG, mechanically it is by far the worst game I have ever loved.

CDPR are very skilled developers with good assets, so are Piranha Byte but the difference between these two developer is one is VERY skilled.

I'm all about core gameplay. Combat is satisfying, moving is satisfying and has a polish not found on Piranhas.

I doubt anything in Cyberpunk is lazy. Its just not finished and the blame isn't on the artists.

Go Play Elex by Piranha Bytes. They are hardcore dedicated to their games. What you're going to experience is 2 differing levels of adequacy - Elex is a fantastic RPG, mechanically it is by far the worst game I have ever loved.

CDPR are very skilled developers with good assets, so are Piranha Byte but the difference between these two developer is one is VERY skilled.

I'm all about core gameplay. Combat is satisfying, moving is satisfying and has a polish not found on Piranhas.

I doubt anything in Cyberpunk is lazy. Its just not finished and the blame isn't on the artists.
Well. Piranha bytes has a staff of 30. From this point of view, elex is a pretty well done game and when it released, it was far less glitchy and buggy.

The thread creator is not wrong though. While the shooter elements and the movement in cp2077 are OK, lots of the other elements fall a bit flat. Items and loot are boring, repetitive and partially game breaking. The crafting is boring, repetitive and inflated. Speaking of repetitive. Lots of gigs are repetitive. For 1 excellent gig, worthy of its own game, you have to play through 10 gigs that sometimes literally are fetch and kill quests - and the game does not even try to hide it.
The skill trees are bloated and offer only Stat increase, except TWO abilities that can be skilled (literally just two). Cybernatics have potential but they are just a second slot for more passives and some gimmicky melee attacks and proccs (except bullet time - that stuff is really useful). In addition, some cybernatics prevent you from finishing some missions. Cyberdeck is interesting but In fact it's more or less a simple magic system.

The story is pretty much on rails and the branching story lines are basically uniting at the end.

Well. Piranha bytes has a staff of 30. From this point of view, elex is a pretty well done game and when it released, it was far less glitchy and buggy.

The thread creator is not wrong though. While the shooter elements and the movement in cp2077 are OK, lots of the other elements fall a bit flat. Items and loot are boring, repetitive and partially game breaking. The crafting is boring, repetitive and inflated. Speaking of repetitive. Lots of gigs are repetitive. For 1 excellent gig, worthy of its own game, you have to play through 10 gigs that sometimes literally are fetch and kill quests - and the game does not even try to hide it.
The skill trees are bloated and offer only Stat increase, except TWO abilities that can be skilled (literally just two). Cybernatics have potential but they are just a second slot for more passives and some gimmicky melee attacks and proccs (except bullet time - that stuff is really useful). In addition, some cybernatics prevent you from finishing some missions. Cyberdeck is interesting but In fact it's more or less a simple magic system.

The story is pretty much on rails and the branching story lines are basically uniting at the end.

Sorry but the melee in CP2077 is incredible, the katana is beautiful. The shooting is on par with industry standards. Crafting is hardcore, be hardcore. Gigs have voice acting and appearances. The repetition of combat, loot, craft, search, sell, upgrade, drive to the gig - its all great.

Now go watch Jax sit in a chair in Magalan and the guy has no breathing animation...

I built a blades engineer with 100% cold blood uptime.. The trees are good. I've been playing games for 25years and scrutinized those tree to find the real quirk of building V.

Its a good game, core gameplay a hybrid of Farcry, Fallout, Elderscroll and driving that, coming from a person that has 2000hts in GTA online, the driving is really nice.

With open world streaming fixed on consoles, more umarked open world occurrences, efficey balance and fixes the game would be perfect. It is unfinished, some perk don't function properly and I know this because I'm a minmaxer, heavily on maths, theory and practical application. The core gameplay is great. The game is still alpha imo

Last edited:
You can apply below image to all the other layers of the game. Every single gameplay design as lazy as this below example.

I am really sorry that so a few people are talking about the real issues of this game. I'd wish they released the game without bugs and glitches so everyone should realize how disappointing the core game is.

View attachment 11123195
Whut? You mean... I'm playing a bad game?

For the third time?!?

I must have a very bad taste in video games... OR! You're wrong.

Sorry but the melee in CP2077 is incredible, the katana is beautiful. The shooting is on par with industry standards. Crafting is hardcore, be hardcore. Gigs have voice acting and appearances. The repetition of combat, loot, craft, search, sell, upgrade, drive to the gig - its all great.

Now go watch Jax sit in a chair in Magalan and the guy has no breathing animation...

I built a blades engineer with 100% cold blood uptime.. The trees are good. I've been playing games for 25years and scrutinized those tree to find the real quirk of building V.

Its a good game, core gameplay a hybrid of Farcry, Fallout, Elderscroll and driving that, coming from a person that has 2000hts in GTA online, the driving is really nice.

With open world streaming fixed on consoles, more umarked open world occurrences, efficey balance and fixes the game would be perfect. It is unfinished, some perk don't function properly and I know this because I'm a minmaxer, heavily on maths, theory and practical application. The core gameplay is great. The game is still alpha imo
Incredible melee? Yeah right. Nope.

The homing fists of doom are just bad. The melee combat is wonky and dodgy at best.

You are mistaking op stack builds that can one-hit enemies with actually good melee combat.
Do you know what game has excellent melee combat? Vermintide.

Incredible melee? Yeah right. Nope.

The homing fists of doom are just bad. The melee combat is wonky and dodgy at best.

You are mistaking op stack builds that can one-hit enemies with actually good melee combat.
Do you know what game has excellent melee combat? Vermintide.

Vermintide is mission based, small areas and about running to the tome. Hardly a comparison, as far as openworld RPGs go the sword play in CP2077 is great

Vermintide is mission based, small areas and about running to the tome. Hardly a comparison, as far as openworld RPGs go the sword play in CP2077 is great
So. The quality, of combat is based on being mission or open world based?

:ok:

Btw. The Witcher had by far, really far better melee combat as well. Cyperpunks combat simply looks better but the homing enemies are a no-go. Skyrims melee is years ahaid of CP's.

So. The quality, of combat is based on being mission or open world based?

:ok:

Vermintide vs Cynerpunk lol nice try. I need say no more. Vermintide has a huge city, no screens in between missions. Yeah

Arcade vs open world. There's a reason arcde is polished because it ain't got much going on under the hood. You can't have Vermintide combat polish and a huge open map.. Its never worked like that.

Vermintide is bad yo. Combat is nice but pull away that curtain and there is not much on offer.

Vermintide vs Cynerpunk lol nice try. I need say no more. Vermintide has a huge city, no screens in between missions. Yeah

Arcade vs open world. There's a reason arcde is polished because it ain't got much going on under the hood. You can't have Vermintide combat polish and a huge open map.. Its never worked like that.

Vermintide is bad yo. Combat is nice but pull away that curtain and there is not much on offer.
Well. I at least compared melee. Combat with melee combat. You are comparing content that has nothing to do with the question, if melee combat in cyberpunk is good or bad.

Whut? You mean... I'm playing a bad game?

For the third time?!?

I must have a very bad taste in video games... OR! You're wrong.
Many people play games like Dota or League of Legends all the time, for years. Does it make them the best games in the world? Not at all.

Well. I at least compared melee. Combat with melee combat. You are comparing content that has nothing to do with the question, if melee combat in cyberpunk is good or bad.

Point missed. You compare two games one is an exclusive arcade style combat game, the other (CP2077) has alot more going on. Comparing melee between genres is ludicrous, its out of context. Vermintide isn't a large open world. Its stages and shallow

Just don't get influenced by hype and you will not be disappointed. It's a company strategy to make things look incredible and boast it. As a consumer better do not pre-order and wait for the review, especially 2-3 days after released. That pre-order special goodies means nothing if you do not have best experience.

IMHO this game is fun but not revolutionary as their claimed, once new game is coming out we will move on. The thing is, how do people will remember CDPR & CP2077 after this?

Kratos : Keep your expectations low boy, and you'll never be disappointed.

Top Bottom