Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
In CP2020 you had to register with the Pyscho Squad and go to a lot of therapy. If you want to spend all your time in a psychiatrist's office then go ahead. However, the most likely outcome is that you will murder your therapist, their family, and they guy who sold him his pens and the PS will end up having to kill you.

Maybe the consequences are not immediate, but you get a bad ending. Possibly even something similar to the old trailer. :)

but that would require writing and designing entire other story arcs for something that might happen. you aren't going to get that.

plus there are way more interesting takes on having to augment to keep a job or even just keep up at a job, never mind the people that have to get augments just to lead a normal life.

It does not require changing the entire story, only the epilogues like in The Witcher 3 (Ciri witcher/empress/dead). And maybe some smaller changes throughout the game, perhaps something like playing Dishonored on high chaos, but the difference does not have to be as much. The protagonist only really becomes a psycho by the end.

So it won't happen in the game and only have minor effects? Sounds like you could go the whole hog and not have it happen at all and the game wouldn't be any different at all!

It does not require changing the entire story, only the epilogues like in The Witcher 3 (Ciri witcher/empress/dead). And maybe some smaller changes throughout the game, perhaps something like playing Dishonored on high chaos, but the difference does not have to be as much. The protagonist only really becomes a psycho by the end.
I think the consequences should be bigger, but yeah

Hi guys! :)

I don't know how anyone else would feel about this (or if it's already going to be an option) but I was wondering about character saves and sharing.

Since character creation is described as being "very in depth", I imagine a lot of us will be spending tons of time just creating different looks before choosing our character and starting the game. It would be nice to save multiple creations, so that if for example we started another game, we could go back and load a previous creation we liked without starting over. Also, I imagine some of us may want to share our creations. Or as an example, I could see a number of people wanting the same character design that maybe their favourite streamer or youtuber has made. It would be nice to have an option to import/export character designs and then attach our own chosen "back story" if you will.

Also, are multiple concurrent games saved going to be an option? It was sort of an option with The Witcher 3, as long as you kept track of the time and dates. But it would be nice if the "save game" screen did that for us, such as in Mass Effect Andromeda. Don't know how complicated that would be, I just think it'd be a nice option to have. :)

Thanks for your time! :)

I would love the ability to save/load character presets, even if it's just copy/pasting a string of numbers.

As for concurrent playthoughs, I don't see why you couldn't, just as long as you have enough save slots. Adding profile names to the saves would help a lot though.

I was thinking, maybe they will ditch cyberpsychosis as a game or story element since implants are so important for gameplay, lore and worldbuilding stuff.

I mean, even your HUD seens to be linked to your implants.

I think it'll probably be something that will affect the end of the game more than anything - if you get to the end of the game and you're like cybered out all over your body, it may make it impossible for you to have a happy ending, etc. I could be COMPLETELY wrong though, so it'll be interesting to see how the developer handles this angle of the game.

Well, they could represent cyberpsychosis through branching story paths.

The more implants you take on, the more hostile people seem and the more... questionable the mission locations become. At the end, people are randomly attacking you in the street and the missions often involve clearing out hospitals, orphanages, and such of hostiles. And then you find out you've been going more and more psycho this entire time and you've been slaughtering innocent civilians...

But if you refuse implants beyond what is required, the story is much more heroic.

How do you think that would work?
I would like to interject some "food for thought" into this discussion. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE, long time fan of the PNP and I don't really have anything bad to say about it...except the way they handled Humanity loss in the PNP....My problem? A person who replaced damaged/destroyed "meat" body parts out of necessity/ to overcome a disability are penalized exactly the same as someone who decided to chop off their hand and replace it with a handful of Ginzu steak knives, just because they thought it was cool. I have worked with the disabled and when they are fitted with a prosthetic that helps them, it tends to make them feel grateful and "more alive" not less human. Something to consider, no?

I tend to agree the entire "psyberpsycho" mechanic was questionable, as far as I'm concerned it existed only to limit the amount of cyberware a player could get.

Does that need to be limited?
Probably, if you're playing with munchkins ( https://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-21992.html ) but personally I've never had much problem with players going to cyber. Of course that could be because when they start to everybody and their brother views them with suspicion and they lose their ability to "blend in with the crowd". While of course you want to stand out in Cyberpunk do you want to stand out because no one trusts you to behave civilly?

In PnP social checks depends on Empathy stat + skill + dice. When you get cybernetics it cost you a humanity. Every 10 humanity loss cost you a 1 empathy.
/Max stats are 10 btw (you can raise seme of these stats with cybernethics)/

Cyberpsychosis mean your empathy drops below 1. You dont want to lose empathy because its effect your social test pools.

If you want to see what happens, it cost you lots of eddie. Even you harvest (good luck with that...) these cybernetics you need a someone to iplant, and its not cheep too.

I was thinking, maybe they will ditch cyberpsychosis as a game or story element since implants are so important for gameplay, lore and worldbuilding stuff.

It depends on whether cyberpsychosis is considered important to the story and "message" of the game, if it is, it could lead to a different story path/ending, otherwise it might be more like the mutation system in Blood and Wine. Or something in between, NPCs could still react to implants in minor ways, even if they are inconsequential to the overall story.

I doubt there will be sliders.

Sliders would make cutscenes difficult, since presumably there will at least be a few where your character interacts closely with other NPCs or objects in the environment.

One size to fit them all or a couple presets would be much easier to manage without having issues like V clipping through someone or something.

Initial face/body creation won't matter once I've uploaded my consciousness to the Net.

Top Bottom