Can anyone sum up the benefits of 1.05? I'm hearing a lot about performance drops

+
There are plenty of people that have the game working well and haven't seen drops so you bitching and moaning about how the game just sucks is clearly not universal. My game runs fine and I haven't seen any performance drop. If anything, the performance has IMPROVED slightly with this patch.

The same for graphics. It looks great so if it looks like crap to you then maybe there is an issue with your system.

I can run AC unity in high with min around 45fps,
GTA 5 some mix very high - ultra ( except shadow smooth and shadow in high, only FXAA ) at 70+ fps, ( and that game look 100time better than TW3 )
BF4 80-100fps+ in high - very high
Crysis3 max setting 65-70fps++
MGS V ground zeroes ( nearly a direct console port like TW3 ) all max out 60fps vsync
Dying light mix highest - high setting ( shadow on "normal", like vegetation ) view distance like 40% 60fps+ ( very rare drop to around 55fps where there is TONS of building )
FC4 high -very high ( used to drop a bit shadow quality tho ) so far i remember never had FPS issue ( except thoses shitty stutter )
Alien Isolation, max setting 60fps+

So, make me laugh again, and tell me there is something wrong with my system. Since actualy, only UNITY and TW3 have so much issue performance wise.

In TW3, in the first aera ( where you do your first lvls ) in the main village i drop to like 35fps, and so far there is only few house + few npc. so.. yeah.. OFC its my system ! lol !
Lirik a quite famous twitch streamer on ultra ( sure he play at like 2560x1536 never remember his exact resolution ) with 3 TITAN X ( and his 8k $ computer )he barely have like 70-80fps+ max setting.
I mean, how its possible to even think FIRST its the ppl gaming system the issue. !?
Because you do release we are speaking about a direct console port, right ?
Its not a "boosted pc version"

the graphic look VERY average. their tech are quite "old-gen" so far except the tesslated water.
You dont even have POM / tesslation for anything except water.
The lighting is "flat", guess no GI at all.
The bloom effect is something as old as HL2 first "dlc"
kinda no reflection whatsoever except for water
The god ray arent even volumetric because.. no volmetric fog. so old gen tech
The "fog" ( = somes smoke particules ) look very random.
Many asset are very low poly ( just look at thoses "cliffs" along the river in the first area )
The view distance, is pretty low, even Crysis 1 offer a largest view distance...
The vegetation dont look better than... whatever game... there is just a better wind management, so that look "better". Otherwise, blending tech to make vegetation move with wind is very old.. xD
( also, there is MANY worng effet with the vegetation "enlightenment" )
The even didnt look to use PRB....

Except all character who look to be quite "high" poly and nicely textured, i'am sorry but this game really do not have anything special that could justify thoses poor performance ( when you thing about a ratio performance / visual )
At least Assassin creed "can" do it because of the amazing high poly building + lightning + ultra amount of npc.. But TW3 offer NOTHING special.

After sure ! its your good right to want to defend the game, but please, at least dont be that blind because you enjoy it a lot.

Last edited:
Performance drops?

I can say with my Duo core CPU TW3 was and still is playing without a problem (apart from some stuttering ) at high-medium settings.

When this patch however come in.... I upped 3 settings to High and 2 to Ultra, was being kind of cautions but... the stuttering was TOTALLY ELIMINATED.

I dont know about you guys but I see no performance drop with this patch.

For some people there will be performance troubles for others they might see performance fixes.

My PC spec is this in the case you are wondering and thinking that i am saying BULLSHIT:

Geforce GTX 770 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i5 660 3.30GHZ
8GM RAM
Resolution : 1680 x 1050 at 59 Hz

Last edited:
For me, with I7 3820 and GTX 770, there is a drop. And it is embarrassing because the latest driver nvidia, I 'd won 5 to 15 fps. Fps I lose from 1.05.

Eh, there isn't really a benefit besides the bug fixes. My performance dropped sharply on a GTX 970 (sudden drops to 40-ish FPS every few seconds when it's usually buttery smooth) and there are godawful pop-in issues that I've never experienced before - hell, even walls are loading in front of my eyes, the windows kinda just float there in midair until the walls finally remember that they have stuff to do... You might want to avoid this one.
Same here (I have a 970 too).

so funny, i have one titan x and i have 30-45 fps at 4k with all in ultra and user setting custum. you like ac i dont serious poor optimisation game

Top Bottom