Can difficulty level be changed?

+
Can difficulty level be changed?

I started the game on the easiest level (not knowing what to expect). Now that I've played a bit is there a way for me to up the difficuilty by one level (almost a bit too easy at this level). I'm in the middle of chapter 2 but don't want to start over...

jake21 said:
I started the game on the easiest level (not knowing what to expect). Now that I've played a bit is there a way for me to up the difficuilty by one level (almost a bit too easy at this level). I'm in the middle of chapter 2 but don't want to start over...
see this mod maybe: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17884.0remember that even at it's lowest level is still harder than hard ;)

Well I just wnt to up the difficulty to normal for now - not make it harder than hard :)

Hi is it possible to change the difficulty level of an in prgress game? i am on act 3 now, but I want to change it to Hard Difficulty. Can i do this using an .ini file edit or anything?thanks!

Fignuts said:
Hi is it possible to change the difficulty level of an in prgress game? i am on act 3 now, but I want to change it to Hard Difficulty. Can i do this using an .ini file edit or anything?
see this maybe: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17884.0

Is there any way to determine on what difficulty level you're playing? I don't remember what level I selected. I thought it was normal but the game so far in chapter 1 is super easy. So I'd like to double check.

qafyg said:
Is there any way to determine on what difficulty level you're playing? I don't remember what level I selected. I thought it was normal but the game so far in chapter 1 is super easy. So I'd like to double check.
It's on easy when alchemy is a waste of time and doesn't help -- you also know its on easy when you see 2 crossing swords during combat on your icon, which means you an interrupt the enemy attack. In medium and hard modes this can't be done.If you don't see the 2 swords crossing during combat then you're not on easy. So next you need to determine how much you need alchemy. If you use it often but not all the time chances are you're in medium, but if you find yourself constantly needing a drink of blizzard and wolf well you're in hard.I'm not 100% but I think experience is rewarded different based on difficulty as well.... NOT for SURE, because I just now got back into the game after a VERY long time.

VictoriousDead said:
So next you need to determine how much you need alchemy. If you use it often but not all the time chances are you're in medium, but if you find yourself constantly needing a drink of blizzard and wolf well you're in hard.
This varies a lot from person to person and with the experience of this game and of gaming in general, so I'm not sure that one can go by that.If you have a flaming sword cursor during part of your fights with monsters, like this:
then you're on either Easy or Medium (unless you're using Flash's mod). If you never have the flaming sword cursor during a battle, then you're on Hard.

Top Bottom