Can someone answer me this one question I have about the battle of Kaer Morhen?

+
Can someone answer me this one question I have about the battle of Kaer Morhen?

Why when the raiders of Wild Hunt finally do get through the defence of KM, everyone character is frozen inside KM and the raiders passed them all on their way to Ciri..I always asked myself, why didn't the riders of the Wild Hunt killed off all those characters which were frozen ? Why didn't they killed Geralt and co. when they passed them right there?

Their main target was Ciri, and they can use them as hostages if need be, Eredin would surely order all of them killed when they finally get Ciri or spare some of them for Ciri to join him and stop fleeing if that is what it takes.

But yeah, Eredin just passing near Geralt without even giving a crap about him was a bit weird.

Cryogen technology to freeze a body for all eternity is not well developed yet, most people die will trying this (currently 100%, but it`s slowly getting better like the Suda experiment shows us:

http://www.cryonet.org/cgi-bin/dsp.cgi?msg=0025.1

At least the brain is alive after defrosting for some minutes.

Maybe the wild hunt thought "well.... they are frozen, and frozen equals death..."

But my dream of Aard-freezing my body during the hot summer months to prevent overheating is getting closer and closer to reality:
http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/braincryopreservation3.html

I always thought it was to taunt them. So they could see that they had Ciri before they killed them.

Since this is quickly turning into an Eredin appreciation thread:

Isn't Eredin the dude? I mean, he's just a bad-boy trying to save his race from certain annihilation.

Moderators, we won't be going off-topic if you quickly change the name of the thread to "King Eredin Bréacc Glas of the Wild Hunt - the Revival". ;)

---------- Updated at 09:10 PM ----------

Getting back on topic, I think @kinghochmeister and @DaSmas are correct.

Eredin totally is the man. ;)

Well, you know, Geralt was very useful as a hostage to get Ciri out of hiding before. It totally makes sense not to kill such a treasure, just in case Ciri needs some luring again at some point. Dragging Geralt off into some portal would've been the most sensible thing, but I guess they didn't think things through when the primary target was so close.

What makes no sense is the "Argh! We're gonna kill you now!" stuff that happens in the Imlerith/Caranthir/Eredin encounters later on.

:p

#TeamWildHunt

Top Bottom