Card Suggestions and Tweaks for Homecoming

+
Northern Realm:

Vlodimir von Everec (Specter) - i don't know if he should be Neutral
Base power: 3
Provision cost: 9
Ability: Deploy. Boost self by 1 for every allied human unit in the battlefield.
Ability explanation: In Witcher 3, Geralt was tasked to give Vlodimir the time of his life and that was achieved in the wedding ceremony with the help of "human companions".

Pellar (Human)
Provision cost: 6
Ability: Deploy, Ranged. Purify a unit then boost it by 2.
Ability explanation: That's what he do.

Tamara Strenger (Human, Soldier)
Base power: 4
Provision cost: 8
Ability: Deploy. Damage an enemy by 3. If it's a Crone, damage it by 5 instead.
or
Ability: Order. Damage an enemy by 3. If there is a Monster unit in the battlefield, gain zeal.
Lore: Revenge for what the Crones did to her mother.

Anabelle (Specter, Cursed)
Provision cost: 7
Ability: Deploy. Give an enemy unit Poison. Deathwish. Poison 2 random enemy units.
Lore: She's the daughter of the lord of Fyke Isle who died because of rat infestation, not the mob attack, then eventually became a specter.

Skellige:

Hammond (Human, Pirate)
Provision cost: 10
Ability: Deploy, Bloodthirst 3: Lock an enemy with 3 or less power and Seize it.
Lore: He's a slaver

Vigi the Loon (Human, Warrior) - Doomed
Base power: 2
Ability: Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 2. Deathblow. Transform self into Vigi the Unfearing (Base power: 9. No ability)
Lore: If you free him, he will join the battle at Kaer Morhen but will eventually die. At least he redeemed himself at the end. It's like Primal Savagery (7:5) but a 11:9, with deathblow it's extremely rewarding.

Ulle the Unlucky (Specter, Cursed)
Base power: 1
Ability: Deploy, Ranged: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Deathblow: Boost self by 4 then gain VItality.
Lore: In Witcher 3, he's cursed to lose always. His damage was very low but if you let him win, it will lift his curse. Now that his curse is lifted, he's now happily drinking with the jarls and his ancestors in the "Skellige heaven".

Scoia'tael:

Vernossiel (Elf, Bandit)
Ability: Deploy, Melee: Damage and enemy unit by 3. Deploy, Ranged: Boost self by 3. The next time an enemy receives a boost, damage that unit by 3.
Lore: Her bandit group was responsible for the attacks on supply caravans. She can either be 9:9 or 6:9 is the passive ability is not activated.

Fergus Graem (Dwarf)
Ability: Order, Ranged: Give an ally Shield. Charge: 3
Lore: Well, he's an armorer.

Otto Bamber (Halfling)
Ability: Deploy, Melee: Give a unit Poison. Deploy, Ranged: Purify a unit.
Lore: He is a herbalist that was taught by Gremist. His shop is located east of Oxenfurt.

Casimir Bassi (Dwarf, Bandit)
Provision cost: 7
Ability: Deploy. Spawn and Play Explosives.
Explosives
(Trap)
Ability: Ambush. After 2 allied turns, on turn end, damage adjacent units by 3.
Lore: He's the demolition expert you recruit for the quest about the Borsodi house.

Monster:

Jenny o' the Woods, Grottore, Protofleder, Melusine

Nilfgaard:

Hendrik

Devs. What do you think? Edited and added some.

Last edited:
I can tell you, your SK seize Pirate does 11 points for 9 prov, stealing an engine... pretty over-Muzzle I'd say.
This bandit-looking elf is just a pre-nerfed Regis (high vamp) but much stronger. Cheers!
3 Shields + 4 body for 8 provisions? Heck, that guy's an Army, not really close to an armorer

Hammond seems pretty much in line with other Bloodthirst 3 units, though I think all of those are far too easy to achieve with Arnjolf.

Viggi the Loon: His first ability won't work, as the Lock will disable the Berserk ability. What about giving him 1 charge on Berserk instead of the whole locking thing?

Ulle looks pretty much like a version of Primal Savagery, so I think he would need a different ability.

AS Imm0rtaleflame said, Vernossiels first ability would be a stronger Regis. Though his second ability sounds fine and interesting. But maybe that ability would fit more into NG.

Fergus Gram is pretty interesting and I think he would be pretty much balanced, as Shields seem to be calculated as 1 value, looking at Watchman.

The expansion got me excited, so here's an idea for a new mechanic with few examples:

Haunt – Status that triggers this ability when the unit is moved from the battlefield to the graveyard.

It's obviously oriented for Specters, more particularly the ones in Monsters, and is very similar to Deathwish, though you can choose the host of the ability, being allied or enemy.

Plague Maiden

Gold - Power 4, Provisions 9
Deploy: Give to an enemy unit Haunt.
Haunt: Apply Poison to the lowest unit(s).
Deathwish: Apply Poison to the lowest unit(s)

Wraith

Bronze - Power 1, Provisions 5
Deploy: Give to an allied unit Haunt, then boost self by 3.
Haunt: Spawn two Wraiths.

Alina and Celina

Gold - Power 3, Provisions 10
Deploy: Give to a unit Haunt.
Haunt: Summon this unit from the graveyard to a random allied row.

Last edited:
Monsters;

Ignis Fatuus (Necrophage)
Ability: Deploy. Spawn and Play Impenetrable Fog on the opposite row.
or
Ability: Every allied turn, on turn end, if there is a weather effect on the battlefield, boost self by 2.
Lore: He's the foglet living on the bogs of Velen that uses fogs and illusions. (similar to gwent beta foglets and dagon)

Fugas (Relict)
Base power: 6
Provision cost: 10
Ability: Melee. Whenever an allied unit takes damage, redirect that damage to self.
Lore: The bouncer of the Crones.

Grottore (Relict)
Base power: 5
Provision cost: 14
Ability: Deploy. Damage an enemy unit by 5 then damage all enemies on the ranged row by 1. Reach: 1
Lore: Many Beuclair knights seek to slay this monster for glory but they all failed because he is simply too strong. For the ability to work, there should be an enemy unit in the melee row. It would be great if he have an animation wherein the initial strike is like a slash then there will be roots that would like swipe the ranged row.

Vampire sleeping beneath Novigrad (Vampire)
Base power: 15
Provision cost: 15
Ability: Everytime this unit takes damage, wakes up and says "F**k off" then goes to sleep again.
Lore: Best vampire in the game :D :D :D

This thread is for fellow Witcher and Gwent fans with creative card ideas that wishes or hope for their ideas to be included or at least have the similar card concepts for future expansions. Feel free to express and let your imaginations go wild here. For uniformity just follow this format:

Faction
Card Name (Label/Tag. Eg. Human)
Power:
Provision cost:
Ability: "ability must be somewhat inclined with the card/character's lore"
Lore:

Seeing as most of the interesting cards where deleted from the game, how about adding a bunch of them back for a start.

I believe some cards are slowly coming back but with reworked abilities. Too bad thre's no Radovid and Dagon this march expansion.
Post automatically merged:

Skellige:

Mikkjal (Human, Cursed)
Power: 6
Ability: Deploy: Spawn Penitent on the opponent's opposite row. Every allied turn, on turn end, if Penitent is on the battlefield damage self by 1.

Penitent (Specter) Doomed
Power: 3
Ability: Spying. Deathwish: Boost Mikkjal by 6

Lore: He's the caretaker of Eldberg Lighthouse in western Ard Skellig. He got haunted by a Penitent because he let ships crash then loot it after.

Last edited:
Skellige:

Eyvind (Human)
Power: 5
Ability: Ranged: After 3 allied turns, on turn end, Summon Gevorg to a random allied row.

Gevorg (Beast)
Power: 3
Ability: No ability

Lore: In Witcher 3 Sunstone quest, he's the old guy who's waiting for the legendary white whale "Gevorg" to appear.

Sad. Feels like I'm the only one who's hype at creating cards.

Sad. Feels like I'm the only one who's hype at creating cards.
Not really. For example with pictures., or Traps Btw. what's the synergy. I see lots of cards that're good on their own. Like Unicorns, Witchers and other autoincludes.
Seeing as most of the interesting cards where deleted from the game, how about adding a bunch of them back for a start.
Indeed, a big base of tested cards.

Last edited:
Not really. For example with pictures. Btw. what's the synergy. I see lots of cards that're good on their own. Like Unicorns, Witchers and other autoincludes.

Indeed, a big base of tested cards.

That's why i'm spamming hoping to revive the hype of good old beta. HC took to much a big leap from beta, personally speaking.

Today I noticed Enraged Ifrit for the first time and was really surprised that it is just a Chironex without the Unicorn interaction and nothing benefit, so the only reason to include this card is, if you already have Chironex included.
Therefore, I'd suggest to drop his strength down to 3 from 4, but give it 3 vitality on deathblow.
Or nerf Unicorn and Chironex, but then Enraged Ifrit will nonetheless remain a pretty boring card.

I think Epidemic can play too much like Scorch for a lot less provisions. I think it should be changed to:

Destroy the lowest units with power 3 or less OR Deal 4 piercing damage to a single unit.

I'd suggest letting Dimetrium Shackles purify its target first. The main goal of that card is to stop an enemy card from doing anything. Therefore stopping any ongoing status effects makes sense for the card as well.
In that way it would also become a solution against defenders.

My official feedback for potential nerfs this season:
Dwarves Nerfs:
Provision Changes and Increased Cost:
Mahakam Guard – from 4 to 6
Dwarf Berserker – from 4 to 5
Mahakam Marauder – from 4 to 5
Zoltan Chivay – from 8 to 10
Figgis Merluzzo – from 9 to 10
Munro Bruys – from 11 to 12
Arguably: *Mahakam Defender – from 5 to 6
Ability Changes: Barclays Els is counting units from one row only

Other factions nerfs:
Power reduced:
Damien from 5 to 4
Sly seductress from 4 to 3

I would suggest adding a clause to "Bloody Good Fun" to regain coins equal to the excess damage.

Basicly the same concept as Natural Selection.
Removal cards have to be flexible and Bloody Good Fun requires far too much setup to not waste too many excess coins to be that.
At that point it would be a decent 1-time coin spender and maybe turn the bounty package less obligatory.

One thing that kinda bothers me is when i see cards added or changed into copies of already existing cards but with different conditions, like the new Dimun Corsair. It reminds of old beta we used to make fun of where every faction had it's own Spotter and Mangonel.

The suggestion i'd like to make is for 5 cards, which are essentially the same card for each faction: Black Rayla, Pavko Gale, Imlerith, Sigvald, Hvitr and Aelydia. While these cards don't see much play that's not the main issue, even if you don't recognize these cards in essence they are 5 power, deal 1 damage or 2 damage if condition is met.
This is my attempt to give these cards some identity with small tweaks, not straying too far from the base concept:

Black Rayla - 5 power
Order (Melee): Damage a unit by 1.
Inspired: Increase this damage by the amount Black Rayla is boosted and Reset self.
Cooldown 1.

While NR is much about boosting this would be a way to convert boosting into damage and i think it fits Black Rayla's reckless personality.

Pavko Gale - 5 power
Order: Damage a unit by 1.
Charge 1.
Whenever Pavko Gale is moved to the other row, give a random allied unit Vitality for 2 turns and gain 1 Charge.

Still maintains his damage ability which can stack to removal potential with leader ability, however it helps a movement archetype. Also the animation for the vitality should be a leek or pack of leeks jumping from this card to the ally.

Imlerith - 5 power
Order (Melee): Damage a unit by 2.
Dominance: Immune.
Cooldown 1.

I know immune is rather contentious and there weren't many cards with this keyword added, but i think it's fine when used conditionally or for limited turns. Alternatively "Dominance: Can not be reduced below 1 power.", this way it can be targeted by heatwave or moved. However i think a strong dominance buff would also give more value to Carapace, Eredin's ability.

Sigvald - 6 power
At the end of your turn, damage self by 1.
Berserk 3: Heal self and split 3 damage randomly between all enemy units.

Supports self wound and i think the randomly split damage is more in line with the idea of berserk.

Hvitr and Aelydia - 6 power
Profit 1.
Order (Melee): Damage a unit by 1.
Deathblow: Repeat the Profit ability.
Hoard (5): Always trigger Deathblow.
Cooldown 1.

Sounds like a lot but there's a similar card that does this, so just following that theme in engine forum. Also fits the flavor of having 2 different effects on the same order ability, like one does the killing and the other does the looting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom