Carnal Sin boss battle

+
Carnal Sin boss battle

In the Carnal Sin quest, there is the point where you have to fight the serial killer, which is an higher vampire. However, the model and AI used for that battle is a Katakan. Not only it's wrong, but makes the battle fairly easy and less "scary" as it should be. An higher vampire is supposed to be a fairly tough battle even for a Witcher. Could you, in the future, create a new model for that specific mob with specifics attack patterns?

I know, it might sound too much to ask, but I really think the entire quest would benefit from that. Fighting a Katakan with fairly simplistic attack pattern was a bit of a letdown.

In the Carnal Sin quest, there is the point where you have to fight the serial killer, which is an higher vampire. However, the model and AI used for that battle is a Katakan. Not only it's wrong, but makes the battle fairly easy and less "scary" as it should be. An higher vampire is supposed to be a fairly tough battle even for a Witcher. Could you, in the future, create a new model for that specific mob with specifics attack patterns?

I know, it might sound too much to ask, but I really think the entire quest would benefit from that. Fighting a Katakan with fairly simplistic attack pattern was a bit of a letdown.

Definitely! This is a criticism from almost everyone who plays that quest, and who knows the lore. Hopefully, with the release of B&W, more complicated Vampire combat AI will be introduced, which will also be retroactively added to Boss Battles like this one.

The spiders added in HoS are an example of interesting and challenging AI that makes players have to use additional abilities in order to defeat them. In general, I would like to see more foes uses more advanced AI, as a lot of monsters share predictable attack patterns. After a couple of hours, they are easily defeated by the player.

The "God Tier" wish would be for enemy AI to be broken into "stages", for example, a level 3 drowner has different attack pattens compared to a level 10, or a level 20 ect. I don't think that would be feasible unfortunately, but they could definitely revisit some Boss Battle and improve them with more complicated AI. The Boss Battles in HoS were much better, and felt more unique then the ones in the main game. Unfortunately, a lot of those still boiled down to: learn the attack pattern, what for the opportunity, attack, repeat 2-3 times and win. I would to see more dynamic and challenging AI, that tests all of my skills as a player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom