CDPR vindicated those who doubted their promise

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i got it. Cp2077 seem too have above average completed main quest. almost 40% on GOG so thats pretty rare.
Post automatically merged:

Theres ALOT of rare achivements tho, under 4% for completing quests in most zones and so on so im guessing alot of people did main quest and then stopped playing. Average playtime is 53h witch kinda supports that claim.

I will modify my post above by saying I misunderstood the statistic posted. I thought it was indicated that 3.99% of people completed the main story in Cyberpunk, not around 40%.

If it jumped up from 15% with The Witcher 3 to 40% for Cyberpunk 2077 - then maybe they are on to something with the main story being in that 20-25 hour range. (Even though I don't like it! :) )

So how many % finished RE3 Remake? The game which is claimed to be cut too much?

Also there is a kind of mistake in these „We cut down the main game because they won’t play it“ and than extend content with DLCs and XPacs... uhm yeah totally logical... all for the money hmm?

I will modify my post above by saying I misunderstood the statistic posted. I thought it was indicated that 3.99% of people completed the main story in Cyberpunk, not around 40%.

If it jumped up from 15% with The Witcher 3 to 40% for Cyberpunk 2077 - then maybe they are on to something with the main story being in that 20-25 hour range. (Even though I don't like it! :) )
The more i dig in the weirder it becomes ^^ witcher 3 has 30% finish base game. if they were sad about that im guessing 40% for cyberpunk isent much better -.- (On GOG, might be very diffrent on other stores.) only 66.5% found Yenn in witcher 3 but 92% did the backstory atleast once in Cp2077. Starting too think they made alot of stuff shorter tbh ^^

That's exactly the point :)
It's a stat so maybe not that accurate, but players play an average of 7.5 hours per week (I'm sure we are all "way" above). But it mean that for completing TW3 main story, it would require more than 3 months for the majority of players... So I imagine that most players simply give up at some point because it's "too" long.
For a studios, it could mean a "waste" of ressources in a sense :(
Also there is a kind of mistake in these „We cut down the main game because they won’t play it“ and than extend content with DLCs and XPacs... uhm yeah totally logical... all for the money hmm?
Those who buy the DLCs will play it for sure :)
(those who didn't even finish TW3, probably never bought expansions HoS and B&W)

The more i dig in the weirder it becomes ^^ witcher 3 has 30% finish base game. if they were sad about that im guessing 40% for cyberpunk isent much better -.- (On GOG, might be very diffrent on other stores.) only 66.5% found Yenn in witcher 3 but 92% did the backstory atleast once in Cp2077. Starting too think they made alot of stuff shorter tbh ^^

Well if it is 30% vs. 40%... then give the people their longer game and screw the other 10%. ;)

If the real stat is 15% vs 40%... then I get it, I can see why they'd do it.

If it is 30% vs 40% then don't worry about any artificially enforced cap for time and make the game you want to make to tell the story you want to tell.

The playtime on average seem too be quite the same too. Around 50-60 hours. I kinda think most people just dont have 100h too spend on a game, alot of people probably have a life too so ^^

If this is true (not sure where the data is coming from)...

I hope CDPR admits they were wrong about the length of the game thing moving from The Wticher 3 to Cyberpunk 2077. Open world games are a massive undertaking to play for a lot of people. I imagine a lot of people never finished The Witcher games after starting them, Cyberpunk, Skyrim, Fallout games, etc.

So I hope that they go back to a lengthier main story for The Witcher 4 and Cyberpunk 2.

But that would just be my personal preference. :)
Next time CDPR should make a game that is 1 hour long so that everyone can finish it and we, as customers, can celebrate that glorious milestone. ;-)

And stop making open world games! A linear game is faster to be completed!

Look at the campaign of 6 hours linear games like call of duty! Everyone is completing it! Oh, wait, that's not true, it's still the usual 20% as any other games. Mmmm I see some fallacy in the logic... But CDPR would never lie to us, it's just me being wrongly doubtful.

There's no such thing as PR talk, marketing, and damage control.

And please never take into account that the more time has passed since release the more "casual" players buy the game just to never finish it, compared to early adopters. Or games (like GTA or COD) which can be bought even for the only multiplayer mode.

Edit: only 66% found Yennifer. Seems alot of people either HATE the game OR buy it without ever playing it ^^ kinda ruins the % stats
Precisely

EDIT: what remains of Edith Finch can be finished in 2 hours and only 71% of people managed it. Damn developers, it's too long FFS. 29% of people couldn't make it, what a bummer. And it even has a better metacritic than CP77, both critics and users (the latter by far)

Last edited:
The playtime on average seem too be quite the same too. Around 50-60 hours. I kinda think most people just dont have 100h too spend on a game, alot of people probably have a life too so ^^
Wait, 50 hours for the witcher 3 with similar completion rate? How many hours of cinematics/cutscenes/dialog had the base game 30ish-for completionist-?...or people was beelining the main quest,skipping all cinematics skippable or ...did Gwent count for that statistic?

Wait, 50 hours for the witcher 3 with similar completion rate? How many hours of cinematics/cutscenes/dialog had the base game 30ish-for completionist-?...or people was beelining the main quest,skipping all cinematics skippable or ...did Gwent count for that statistic?
Yea im as confused. Nothing really makes sense tbh. its only GOG data tho so might be diffrent on other plattforms.

Yea im as confused. Nothing really makes sense tbh. its only GOG data tho so might be diffrent on other plattforms.
I guess cdpr processes cross-platforms and add some sauce to process the data,it might well be that they screw up their analysis also...in smaller scale,Obsidian didn't read well POE and Divinity Original Sin 2 and POE 2 was not very succesful

Yep, achievements... pretty accurate :)
And Cyberpunk have a high % maybe due to the "short" main quest... It's mostly, for all games, around 5-15% at max. So thinking that players will make a second playthrough to discover the quests that they missed in the first one is not that great ;)
(just to say > Skyrim - 10%)

Edit : Like I said, on the forum, I'm quite sure that we are in the (tiny) minority who finsih their games (generally), so sadly, we can't realy "understand" :(

At present, Horizon Forbidden West has 35.1% completion of the main story. That takes about 30 hours if you stick to it and don't do side quests.

Completionist is about 90 hours, it seems. (I've taken longer, and still haven't got 100%). One nice thing about HFW is that you can do all the side content AFTER you've finished the main story - it doesn't reset you until just before the last mission.

(All trophies/platinum is 9% of players. I haven't got there yet after 110 hours. I've been getting distracted!)

Actually, looking at the numbers, HFW and CP2077 have relatively similar lengths of main content to side content. Interesting.

Cheers,
Merric

Last edited:
At present, Horizon Forbidden West has 35.1% completion of the main story. That takes about 30 hours if you stick to it and don't do side quests.

Completionist is about 90 hours, it seems. (I've taken longer, and still haven't got 100%). One nice thing about HFW is that you can do all the side content AFTER you've finished the main story - it doesn't reset you until just before the last mission.

(All trophies/platinum is 9% of players. I haven't got there yet after 110 hours. I've been getting distracted!)

Actually, looking at the numbers, HFW and CP2077 have relatively similar lengths of main content to side content. Interesting.

Cheers,
Merric
Generally, it take me more time than "announced" too, and even way more if the game permit it.
So yeah, quite the same "lengths" content. HFW is too "short" ? For you, I suppose, yes :)

Generally, it take me more time than "announced" too, and even way more if the game permit it.
So yeah, quite the same "lengths" content. HFW is too "short" ? For you, I suppose, yes :)

Let's face it - in Cyberpunk, I'd spend hours driving around the streets looking at the sights and seeing if I could navigate home without using the minimap! :)

For me, HFW was the right length, as was CP2077. I enjoyed both their stories tremendously. Now I just want the next one! :)

Cheers,
Merric

In HFW you can get Platinum with just having 53% completion of its ingame counter. It kinda takes forever to upgrade every Weapon and Armor or scanning every Maschine available. As for the sidequests they feel more organic than gigs in cyberpunk because their objectives vary way more than just „go there kill target“ or „go there steal xyz“ they all have their own little story. (yeah cps romance quests have their own stories as well but most of the fixer gigs seem kinda flat and redundant) even the rebel camps (comparable to ncpd hustles) are tied to a storyline.

Last edited:
My question is: should it happen, would they make it with Unreal Engine?
Absolutely. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be in UE5....?

The only reason as to why not, I can think of, is if that put them into position ala Bioware with the frostbite engine (where they end up with something without the tools for RPGs and must spend a lot of time making them). But CDPR is supposedly entering a partnership with Epic, so for me that means they can ask for these tools while focusing on making the game they want.

My question is: should it happen, would they make it with Unreal Engine?
Yes, I suppose :)
CDPR will work together* with Epic for about 15 years (if I remember), so I hope that a second episode of Cyberpunk's franchise will be released before this delay.
*which is important, CDPR won't simply "use" Unreal Engine, they will work with Epic to devellop it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom