CDProjektRed please buy the rights to Kingdoms Of Amalur

+
CDProjektRed please buy the rights to Kingdoms Of Amalur

Since 38/big huge games studios is going under from what appears to me ,from the outside looking in, to be "mismanagement". I would love it if you bought the rights and whatever else it takes to finish part 2 of KOA: Reckoning. While it was not as good as the Witcher 1 or 2 games I put it a bit behind.....it was a great game and I believe you are the only Dev/studio currently available that could save it and improve on it. Just a thought.....

The Witcher 2 and KoA:Reckoning have tied up my spare time by far the most in recent years. Both very worthy games to play. RPGs are getting stale and these 2 were fresh for the most part.

Regardless I can not wait for The Witcher 2 expansions or part 3. Life would have been even sweeter still if i could have played KOA 2 in the future.....

That ship is not gonna fly.

I played the demo of Amalur. It was okay but I didn't care for it. The Witcher has way more potential and besides that they're also busy on another game.

I actually played the demo and really liked it. Didn't buy it yet, but might soon. As for CDprojekt buying the rights to it... highly unlikely.

Please no, KoA was soooooo boring, and they laid off all of the employees, the state of Rhode Island has the rights to KoA and Copernicus now because the studio didn't pay their debts in time. They loaned like 75 mil. and couldn't pay back their first payment of 1 mil. or something.

Aver

Forum veteran
Please no. I didn't like it all.

But if you liked it you should post this request on BioWare Social Network. BioWare is pretty good at this type of games - Awesome Button etc. :)

Aver said:

But if you liked it you should post this request on BioWare Social Network. BioWare is pretty good at this type of games - Awesome Button etc. :)

yeah, Bioware should do a nice job, seeing how SWTOR is so popular now. +1!

Aver said:

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if some EA dev picked it up. EA published it after all. So yeah, BioWare can have this one. Though I doubt they've got time while pooping out new DA's and ME spin-offs.

ugh i cant see it happening nor would i really expect them to, i played the demo and was not impressed, i found it dull and almost a bit childish and colourful in approach.

i know its a really vacant comparison but the way i look at it; TW2= fountain pens and caligraphy sets/ KOA=colouring crayons

That is what I really liked koa u had a nice look. Combat was decent. It was very different from th witcher series and i liked that. In fact I really enjoyed both games. Different reasons sure......but it would give cdprojektred an established serious besides the witcher. Koa sold 1.2 million in 90 days.....

GeraltTheRiv said:
Koa sold 1.2 million in 90 days.....

Only because they went to extreme lenghts with it's marketing, Curt Schilling even went as far to go on talk shows to promote the game. Aside from the combat which was ok-ish, everything else was bland and repetitive, just another generic high fantasy game.

Aver

Forum veteran
GeraltTheRiv said:
That is what I really liked koa u had a nice look. Combat was decent. It was very different from th witcher series and i liked that. In fact I really enjoyed both games. Different reasons sure......but it would give cdprojektred an established serious besides the witcher. Koa sold 1.2 million in 90 days.....

On 3 platforms. The Witcher sold something like 900k in 90 day on PC alone. Also KOA cost so much that they needed to sell at least 3m copies to not went bankrupt. And as we see... ;).

Curious to see what Rhode Island will do with "Copernicus" now that it's in their hands.

Wasn't a big fan of KoA. Don't get me wrong -- I got my money's worth out of it since I spent well over 70 hours on it from start to finish. But it wasn't that intriguing of a world that I'd hope and pray for a sequel to it.

There are certain games that I'd be disappointed if more installations weren't made of them (such as the Witcher series), and then there are certain games. that I play once, have a decent time with, but move on from and don't care much about. KoA is such a game.

I'd much rather CD Projekt Red spend their development time and resources on further Witcher content (ie. Witcher 3, or perhaps expansions for Witcher 2) or a brand new IP of their creation, rather than pick up a franchise and be kind of stuck with the lore of another company that wasn't even that interesting to begin with.

I think this game is not my cup of tea... I need some really good supporting characters/plot or, at least, a really lively world like in Skyrim or full of details like in Fallout 3. But this one is just kill here and kill there with different skills but that is not enough to me.

Cloche said:
I think this game is not my cup of tea... I need some really good supporting characters/plot or, at least, a really lively world like in Skyrim or full of details like in Fallout 3. But this one is just kill here and kill there with different skills but that is not enough to me.

If you`re looking for open world in the witcher 2 you won`t find it . But for story and supporting characters you have that anywhere in the game . The main sidekicks would be Triss , Zoltan , and Dandelion and for other characters you have Roche , Iorveth , Sile , Phillipa , Cynthia , and a whole lot of others and then there is Letho . Could be you`re not looking in the right places maybe . Where are you in the game ?

if i want cdpr to buy the rights to any franchise, it has to be either vampire the masquerade franchise, or deux ex

Top Bottom