Challenge to tell me what is so new/innovative/never done before in CP?

+
I am not the guy who will defend CP, lots of frustration with the game, but.

What is new is the settings, cyberpunk open world, sure you have some games that are almost in the same universe, but IMO i don´t know any game that manage to get the feeling of cyberpunk world. I think this is unique, and because of that, the game bring a lot of frustration.

Another cool feature is zero loadings screens like some people already answer.

So what in this game is so fresh/new and so on to excuse the poor state the game is in even after patch 1.2 ?
Some may say BD and my answer is: Detroit: Become human ( might be others )
Some may say implants and my answer is: Fallout: NW, Fallout 4 ( might be others )
Weapon mods: Just no, been there done that.
Crafting ? : Umm done very very VERY long ago.
Perks?: Same as above
Clothes/Armor with mods: Same as above.
Character customization?: Well umm same as above.
Open world in first person ?: Daggerfall made for DOS, as much open world it could be at the time of release.

So please inform me what is so new and great in this game to excuse crashing ever 1-2 hours of play ?
there is no excuse for it crashing that much and the state of it on consoles.
I would say there is nothing "groundbreaking" about this game, but for me the cyberpunk atmosphere of night city is probably what kept me going through to the end. But the glitches and performance also fucked with the atmosphere a lot so IDK it was overall not the worst game, but I do know when I played on my ps4pro I would have rated it like a 4

on PC it is much better like a 7 (still the same, but smoother frames and looks better) so to me the fact that when it was performing better on my PC I enjoyed it more makes me realize that while yes fixing the bugs doesn't fix the core game, if there are less bugs/performance issues, the core game is more enjoyable

now there are definitely other cyberpunk themed games, but I think this is the best cyberpunk themed game (not just augmentations but the actual cinematic style cyberpunk Ghost in the shell , Blade runner etc)

TLDR : The best done AAA style cyberpunk theme in gaming IMO - not an isometric style or oldschool RPG

as for new, not very many games do "new" things, and it is said people do not want new things, they want familiar yet different things, often times new is too shocking. AKA Deathstranding (which i loved the story but gameplay was a snooze)

If I owned a gaming company yea I would want to break ground and make something crazy new, but I also want to sell games and pay all my employees so we gonna have to do some "safer bet" games to pay the bills

This game has brought something massive for all the game industry.

Now it is official : You can sell an average game like hotcake if you put enough money into advertisement and marketing.

This is the major change and groundbreaking new point that CP2077 bring : No need to release a polished game, you just have to build a huge hype, feed it with half-lie half-true notices (Night city wire anyone?) and the consumers will like it.

You can see the sale numbers : Gamers now LOVE that companies sell them half backed products! You can see that only in this industry. If you try to sell a car, a house, a corn or a piece of cloth with the same method, the companies will bankrupt themselves quickly. But not in the gaming industry.

CP2077 has made that official. The revolution is here : There is now no need to release good product because a good promoting campaign can sell anything.

The map is dead, customisation is non-existant, game mecanics are bugged, perks are not working, glitches are everywhere and the stability is nowhere to be seen. This is the future of gaming!

More seriously, the map is amazing, but dead. A lot of places but not a single interaction. Lot of shops but can't interact. Lot of people but brain dead. Lot of interesting car but no driving AI. Lots of interesting gangs but not a single game mecanic using that.

Perhaps in the next CP game, if they reuse the map like Saints Row 4 did it with Saint Row 3... But then, even in SR3 the map was alive.

So far, CDPR has all my respect to realise a so big haul of money by selling a game so lifeless.

Oh, and about the story, intersting characters... I just finished playing the two Utawarerumono Mask of.... Try again, CDPR, because you are not alone in the gaming industry and other guys know how to make a BIG, LONG and FANTASTIC story....

I remember playing GTA San Andreas on PS2 for the first time and I was absolutely blown away by absolutely everything. I forgave it the annoying gunplay and the glitches because the game was astonishing and IMHO the best thing Rockstar ever did. It was a masterpiece of open world gameplay (Still don't understand why they did away with the body mechanics in the later games nothing funkier than a 200kg man on a BMX).

Night City gave me that same feeling, the specific moment for me was going over the bridge to visit Wakako and the view of Japantown. Its the first time since that a game has had that same visceral effect on me.
(Before you all pile in about tattoos and custom cars and faction reputation I agree they would be nice to have)
The environment of Night City is astonishing too.

There are a lot of armchair experts on this forum who seem to think that making excellent games is easy, or that somehow the devs created the bugs just to ruin their Christmas.
I really doubt it. 2020 was a shitty year for a lot of us for many reasons and I can't help feeling CDPR have taken a lot of extra flak because of the need to take our frustrations out on a tangible target.

The game development clearly ran in to some massive problems and CDPR are suffering for it. It didn't live up to the hype.... but that's old news.

Personally I love it warts and all.
Yeah you can pick bits and pieces apart, Skyrim did random notes and lore. GT or Forza did car interiors. Deus Ex did implants.
I'd be hard pressed to think of a game that has tried to accomplish everthing CP2077 set out to do at the same time or on anywhere near the same scale.

It's an immense somewhat incomplete ambitious piece of art and I hope games designers continue to bite off more than they can chew in future.

Last edited:
There are a lot of armchair experts on this forum who seem to think that making excellent games is easy, or that somehow the devs created the bugs just to ruin their Christmas.
I really doubt it. 2020 was a shitty year for a lot of us for many reasons and I can't help feeling CDPR have taken a lot of extra flak because of the need to take our frustrations out on a tangible target.
I like the game and I personally think it will only be improved over time, but the fact is CDPR brought this upon themselves by releasing the game before they had finished it. Simple as that. Also, the 2020 excuse doesn't hold much water as they could have delayed or given a heads up about the state of the game and the development of the game was not wholly in 2020, so what about the rest of the development time?

Last edited:

"CHALLENGE TO TELL ME WHAT IS SO NEW/INNOVATIVE/NEVER DONE BEFORE IN CP?"

An entire real life city and or parts of it and other cities, have been motion captured to serve as the stage for Cyberpunk 2077.

Real life happenings, events, weather, people, people's lives, people's stories, politics, governments, religion, no matter how controversial, all from the past, present and future have been fused and implemented into the game to serve as entertainment.

Bits and pieces of other games from the past and present, have been implemented.

A very accurate and innovative driving simulation system has been implemented, which I would like to add, comes very close to the real deal.

The game comes with an unprecedented high amount of content in the form of jobs and gigs, of which each has it's own story and theme, ensuring a very variable experience on all grounds for the long run, and a very long lasting appeal.

A very nifty and smart navigation system has been implemented to guide players throughout the vast settlement that is Night City and it's surroundings.

Something that few know is that Cyberpunk 2077 is running on a self owned, next gen, highly advanced, state-of-the-art, game engine, that is highly fertilizable on the area of analysing, upgrading, updating, patching, fixing, searching, connecting, transporting, extending, utilizing. It can execute and run countless characters on your screen simultaneously, run an exceptional high amount of processes internally simultaneously, seemingly spawn/ de-spawn large quantities of content unlimited ensuring a smooth transition, etc, etc.

If that's not enough the game offers a 20 FPS option, which I have never seen before. 30 FPS is usually the minimum. So it takes into account a large number of different players, on different systems, with different setups, in different regions, in different time zones.

I would say that if all future videogames would offer up content with the magnitude coming anywhere close to this, all gamers around the world could make a mint.

"CHALLENGE TO TELL ME WHAT IS SO NEW/INNOVATIVE/NEVER DONE BEFORE IN CP?"

An entire real life city and or parts of it and other cities, have been motion captured to serve as the stage for Cyberpunk 2077.

Real life happenings, events, weather, people, people's lives, people's stories, politics, governments, religion, no matter how controversial, all from the past, present and future have been fused and implemented into the game to serve as entertainment.

Bits and pieces of other games from the past and present, have been implemented.

A very accurate and innovative driving simulation system has been implemented, which I would like to add, comes very close to the real deal.

The game comes with an unprecedented high amount of content in the form of jobs and gigs, of which each has it's own story and theme, ensuring a very variable experience on all grounds for the long run, and a very long lasting appeal.

A very nifty and smart navigation system has been implemented to guide players throughout the vast settlement that is Night City and it's surroundings.

Something that few know is that Cyberpunk 2077 is running on a self owned, next gen, highly advanced, state-of-the-art, game engine, that is highly fertilizable on the area of analysing, upgrading, updating, patching, fixing, searching, connecting, transporting, extending, utilizing. It can execute and run countless characters on your screen simultaneously, run an exceptional high amount of processes internally simultaneously, seemingly spawn/ de-spawn large quantities of content unlimited ensuring a smooth transition, etc, etc.

If that's not enough the game offers a 20 FPS option, which I have never seen before. 30 FPS is usually the minimum. So it takes into account a large number of different players, on different systems, with different setups, in different regions, in different time zones.

I would say that if all future videogames would offer up content with the magnitude coming anywhere close to this, all gamers around the world could make a mint.
Is this irony I read here?

Entirely up to you what you make of it.
Post automatically merged:

Is it trollish to accept a challenge?

Not at all, but many games before it provided the all so innovative ''20FPS'' feature that accounts for so many different people's tastes, like the famous phrase for the 24 FPS ''feature'' - ''Cinematic Experience''.

Here's an example to keep up with the trend:

The rest of your post has hints of truth in it which is why I call it masterful :D.

I suspect there are areas of the games code yet to be enabled. Pretty sure there is ML in there which couldn't be optimised cross-platform and thus commented out.

ML in a game like this would be groundbreaking, the game tailoring itself to your playthrough. From NPC behaviour, difficulty to dialogue options etc. It may also explain some of the AI shortcomings.

I think they'll get it stable and then enable the full feature set - whatever that includes.

For now though the City itself and writing are already next level.

I suspect there are areas of the games code yet to be enabled. Pretty sure there is ML in there which couldn't be optimised cross-platform and thus commented out.

ML in a game like this would be groundbreaking, the game tailoring itself to your playthrough. From NPC behaviour, difficulty to dialogue options etc. It may also explain some of the AI shortcomings.

I think they'll get it stable and then enable the full feature set - whatever that includes.

For now though the City itself and writing are already next level.

I don't know if it's as extensive as you seem to believe it is, I haven't seen anything resembling ML (Machine Learning) per se, but I'm honestly surprised as to why the AI in my game is putting up so much of a fight, I'm level 30 at the moment all on patch 1.2 and the AI is relentless.

I'm also constantly running out of bullets because they dodge my shots and spray bursts from undercover making me waste ammo just so I'm able to change positioning without being shot in the process.

They also rush me behind cover with shotgunners and melee attackers constantly, I have not had a single case of AI being unresponsive.

The main problem is the sandbox AI algorithm the dynamic navmesh is incapable of dealing with complex traffic situations at the moment and it also developed this ungodly ability to stop dead in their tracks if you follow too closely as well as the other issues from before.

Perhaps ML would be the resolve in the end.

Not at all, but many games before it provided the all so innovative ''20FPS'' feature that accounts for so many different people's tastes, like the famous phrase for the 24 FPS ''feature'' - ''Cinematic Experience''.

Here's an example to keep up with the trend:

The rest of your post has hints of truth in it which is why I call it masterful :D.
Never played GTA V but not a single game I ever played on PC has an option for 20 FPS. All of them had 30 FPS as a minimum. Good thing CP77 has, else would have had a tad bit more difficulties optimizing my rig to play it.

Never played GTA V but not a single game I ever played on PC has an option for 20 FPS. All of them had 30 FPS as a minimum. Good thing CP77 has, else would have had a tad bit more difficulties optimizing my rig to play it.

If you're serious, you can use RTSS (Rivatuner Statistics Server) to limit your FPS in any game, and if you're using an Nvidia card the Fast option for the Vsync in the Control Panel should help with the screen tearing.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

It must have been the way you worded that phrase that made me think you were actually not serious about it.

So what in this game is so fresh/new and so on to excuse the poor state the game is in even after patch 1.2 ?
Some may say implants and my answer is: Fallout: NW, Fallout 4 ( might be others )
Open world in first person ?: Daggerfall made for DOS, as much open world it could be at the time of release.

So please inform me what is so new and great in this game to excuse crashing ever 1-2 hours of play ?

IMO it's Cyberpunk itself....if your familiar with the original game books they created a very unique and extremely seductive world and to my knowledge this is the only video game to embrace that world. yes their are flaws, no it's not perfect, but for me at least the graphic presentation style along with an accurate depiction of Mike Pondsmith's creation combined with an open world ( without load cut ins ) is what makes this game something I continue to enjoy despite the problems and hope that future updates take it to it's full potential.
sometimes you don't re-invent the wheel ....you just find a really cool use for it

Nothing is an excuse if you indeed experience the bad end of the stick and face so many issues that the game is litterally unplayable for you
I'm not gonna convince you about that (not do I care to).
But. If you want an answer to the more honest question: "what is fresh,new,innovative about CP77 that should make you want to play (leave out the technical failings) "
Then my answer woild be this

- Night City for one. Its a beautiful setting and character by itself that creates a world unlike any other. Rage 2 is the closest I've seen to have done similar badlands before, but NC... Unparalleled I think.
Secondly I think that they added something new/fresh to many of the features that were created before. I do not know of any other game to give you mantis blades. Nor have I seen a character creator that can make me a character like my V from CP. These are things I view as fresh, for that reason.
I would also want to mention the OST.

I think we're all missing the obvious one here, it's the only open world cyberpunk game on the market at the moment, dare I say the first one as well.
All too easy to forget sometimes. I was thinking about this recently, when comparing my V to Katie (my GTAO character that I based V's design off) and it's actually astonishing how cyberware along with a number of other mechanics in the game can be used to substantially enhance the effectiveness of certain playstyles. Yes it does use mechanics that we have seen in other games (hacking feels a bit like the original Watch Dogs game, gunplay/ bullet-sponge enemies feels a bit like The Division sometimes), but it comes together in what to me feels like a unique manner. Yes, it has its problems, but it does feel very unique if you spend enough time exploring all of the options (which I haven't even done; I'm still on my first character, almost 500 hours in)

Same player, same playstyle, similar looking characters; two very different experiences. I sometimes have a hard time choosing between them, because although C2077 is riddled with bugs, it uniquely brings together familiar mechanics in a very fun way.

Top Bottom