Jobs Support Register

Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

+

Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

• Primarily Combat Build. Blood and Fear!

Votes: 188 35.8%
  • Mostly Signs. Your Mind Is Mine.

Votes: 73 13.9%
  • Alchemy. Mutant and Proud of It.

Votes: 70 13.3%
  • Hybrid, some of each. Polymath!

Votes: 205 39.0%
  • I also love the General set! Lots of use.

Votes: 26 5.0%
  • Can't decide. Many Respecs lie ahead!

Votes: 35 6.7%

• Total voters

sommojames

User
Help me finalize this hybrid build

Hi guys,

I plan to fun this hybrid build.

1 slot - red:
muscole memory
strength training
deflect arrow

2 slot - blue
exploding quen
prolonged quel
delusion

3 slot - red
crushing blows
precise blows
country attack

So far, I Like this build because it is a good compromise between power and canon Geralt I know from the book.

For the last slot I wIll choose Griffin techiniwues (i like design and aestethic of medium armors), but then I am undecide between:
1 - rend and whirlwind - add variety to gameplay, althought They are a bit too situatiomal OR
2 - eightened and acquirente tolerance - allow to consume decotion, which are not so powerful (except ekidna), but can be use in any situation.

What do you recomend and why?

Thanks.

Muffliato

sommojames Thread merged.

This one is highly likely to have useful information; have a look around. You can even search the thread using the little field next to the page number. :)

Deraj-Mohah

Greeting fellow followers of the Path. There is just something I wanted to bring up...

How come no one has thought up build utilizing the following:

Vitis/Gesheft
All grandmaster Griffin armor
Conductors of Magic

I finished my first play through and have just started my first NG+ and after going mostly swords/alch, I decided to try Signs build(kinda like my TW2 build), but I understand the need to use swords as well. After unlocking this mutagen I started looking for swords in my stash that increased sign damage and fell upon these, and knew I had to use them with it somehow. Has no one tried any tests with CoM? Or does everyone just go all signs/euphoria/synergy and not worry about swords? Just wondering...

ManInTheSuit20

It has probably already been mentioned a thousands time over by now, but playing through DM+, I found Acquired Tolerance to be a real gem. It's great being able to pop multiple decoctions at once and still have enough tolerance to down a few potions. For what it lets you do, it's almost a little unfair that it's on the first row of the alchemy tree. Really can't see myself doing a build without it now.

Hello,

I own the Witcher 3 since its release, finished it 2 times and now began my 3rd adventure. Crazy enough, I don't know much about how to build a good character, even after "all these years" since 2015. I mainly put everything in combat, without even knowing what it does. This time (for my 3rd adventure) I want to build a proper character.

Could somebody give me advise? (I already watched thousands of Youtube videos about character build but its too much if you know what I mean, i'm not getting really anywhere). Basically I want to focust most points on combat skills, but what could I add beside those skills?

What I wanted to do is almost follow this character guide (
), but if someone else knows a cool build with combat, please let me know. (I have never been really good with character builds in RPGs).

Thanks!

Thanks Muffliato. I have read several pages and everybody has their own kind of character build. I don't really want to copy a build one on one. What I want is a combat character, mixed with signs/magic. I'm not really into alchemy and almost never use bombs and that sort of things. Oh and Im also not really in potions, I mainly use Swallow and Thunderbolt.

Any suggestions to bring me into the right direction? Thanks.

Last edited:

qOjOp

Poser
This is my Witcher set up...
I just choose what I feel is good for my play style. I'm definitely no expert at doing it.
But my Witcher is unstoppable even on Death March, fighting Red Skulls enemies and monsters.

Here's my fav weapons...

Here's my fav gears...

almahnsor

Thanks Muffliato. I have read several pages and everybody has their own kind of character build. I don't really want to copy a build one on one. What I want is a combat character, mixed with signs/magic. I'm not really into alchemy and almost never use bombs and that sort of things. Oh and Im also not really in potions, I mainly use Swallow and Thunderbolt.

Any suggestions to bring me into the right direction? Thanks.
The best mutation (which increases both sword/magic damage far beyond what all the sword/magic skills can do) is Euphoria and it requires to invest in alchemy. There are not many signs centered builds because they become less effective against high level enemies who have high resistances. An alchemy build doesn't mean using potions all the time, it's focused instead on decoctions (which have powerful long lasting effects) and oils.