Character Customization!

+
Wait... White Castle is actual place and not something like Mooby's from Kevin Smith flicks?

White Castle is the original "fast food" chain (opened in 1921).

I use to live not far from this place when I lived in Minnesota.

Attachments

• 800px-White_Castle_Building_8.jpg
    800px-White_Castle_Building_8.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I am so very confused.... burgers, wedding rings, real estate.... that all sounds like way to much of a commitment....

Now I need an even cheaper place to take dates...

I am so very confused.... burgers, wedding rings, real estate.... that all sounds like way to much of a commitment....

You...you get dates? PICS. NOW.

Also, should we get to dress our NPC allies?

Part of me would really enjoy doing all the aesthetic work on companions, but I think that it would be cooler if each of them had their own style, working from their own prefered colour schemes and fashion sense. Again, incorporate a random element so that this changes each playthrough.

I think that holds truer to the 'roleplay groups' we all know and love. You know that at least one player in your group will try to turn up to a smart dress affair in jeans and a leather jacket...

It was originally a White Castle but one of the stipulations that's been in the sales contract every time it's been resold is that the new owners not make significant changes to the exterior.
It's become something of an unofficial "Cultural Landmark" and "Historical Building". Some people do have a sense of history and tradition after all.

You...you get dates? PICS. NOW.

Also, should we get to dress our NPC allies?

No way, no way jose....

And yeah, why not... being able to outfit and equip your NPC companions is a pretty good idea. Especially if you can outfit and equip them for their jobs...

Even if their job deteriorates into "lingerie model distraction"....

No way, no way jose....

And yeah, why not... being able to outfit and equip your NPC companions is a pretty good idea. Especially if you can outfit and equip them for their jobs...

Even if their job deteriorates into "lingerie model distraction"....

Shudder. I just...legions of gamers able to dress their NPCs, done in CDPR's trademark curves....just..shudder...the gifs!

Great selling feature, though...

Shudder. I just...legions of gamers able to dress their NPCs, done in CDPR's trademark curves....just..shudder...the gifs!

Great selling feature, though...

Honestly though, it would be nice to equip and armor them for their role.... Fixers and corporates, high dollar suits and small highly conealable weapons. Techies, jump suits or overals with lots of pockets and loops and shit, nomads dome dirty leathers and openly carrying, solos.... well drfessed to suit their client or their target.... netrunners.... who cares they never leave the house.... rockers encasing them in a block of cement should keep them safe.....

Honestly though, it would be nice to equip and armor them for their role.... Fixers and corporates, high dollar suits and small highly conealable weapons. Techies, jump suits or overals with lots of pockets and loops and shit, nomads dome dirty leathers and openly carrying, solos.... well drfessed to suit their client or their target.... netrunners.... who cares they never leave the house.... rockers encasing them in a block of cement should keep them safe.....

I have to agree a certain amount of character customization is needed beyond whatever you come up with during creation at the start of the game.
If I just spent a bundle on a cyberarm or some nice armor I want to see it!

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this question but I think it is relevant to the customization of a character.

My question is how are Cybernetics generally powered? Do they require batteries, charging, rechargeable batteries, etc? I also wonder how quickly they run out of power I'd imagine that some are huge power hogs.

I wonder how something like that would affect the game. I can imagine having Cybernetic legs and in the middle of the fight being alerted that they are low on power, suddenly the battle would have much more intensity as you race to finish, or escape, so that you aren't a sitting duck when your legs give out.

Maybe an option of a rechargeable battery or disposable batteries could make things more interesting. Rechargeable batteries would need to be maintained in order to keep your implants working but disposable batteries could be popped out and a new one put back in during a battle, with some danger of course. At the same time I could see these disposable batteries taking up room, and maybe lasting for less time in order to balance things.

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this question but I think it is relevant to the customization of a character.

My question is how are Cybernetics generally powered? Do they require batteries, charging, rechargeable batteries, etc? I also wonder how quickly they run out of power I'd imagine that some are huge power hogs.

I wonder how something like that would affect the game. I can imagine having Cybernetic legs and in the middle of the fight being alerted that they are low on power, suddenly the battle would have much more intensity as you race to finish, or escape, so that you aren't a sitting duck when your legs give out.

Maybe an option of a rechargeable battery or disposable batteries could make things more interesting. Rechargeable batteries would need to be maintained in order to keep your implants working but disposable batteries could be popped out and a new one put back in during a battle, with some danger of course. At the same time I could see these disposable batteries taking up room, and maybe lasting for less time in order to balance things.

In 2020 it was batteries. They lasted for quite a while, 100 days if memory serves, (or possibly a year not sure now...) But that was usually longer than the character would live in most situations.

They were replaced during maintainance and servicing. There was very little mentioned on the matter.

In 2077 I kind if expect some sort of bio-kinetic dynamo setup, where the battery will last a few years at a time.

In 2020 it was batteries. They lasted for quite a while, 100 days if memory serves, (or possibly a year not sure now...) But that was usually longer than the character would live in most situations.

They were replaced during maintainance and servicing. There was very little mentioned on the matter.

In 2077 I kind if expect some sort of bio-kinetic dynamo setup, where the battery will last a few years at a time.

I suppose that is more realistic considering the way technology advances.

That is amazing! Smart clothing that does more just sit on your body is the future. I've read many Articles about clothes that could measure your heartbeat, perspiration, etc. I've even seen an article recently talking about clothes that adapts to heat and changes to allow for more or less airflow.

That is amazing! Smart clothing that does more just sit on your body is the future. I've read many Articles about clothes that could measure your heartbeat, perspiration, etc. I've even seen an article recently talking about clothes that adapts to heat and changes to allow for more or less airflow.

Can you link that please, I'm interested in watching that.

Top Bottom