Character Customization!

+
it's LA, there is grafitti everywhere.....
I think he means specific graffiti.

Even in Birmingham, (UK,) you can still are some gang related graffiti but most wouldn't know it to see it. Many use postcodes here, like B21 and such. They tag areas with that marking territories and there have been killings when rivals trespass.

Oh there is specific graffitti, but like I said, there is graffitti everywhere, and unless you know what you are looking for, it's easy to miss. In fact, if you play the game casually, you may not even really catch the names of the gangs to be on the lookout for... Even if you know what to look for, If you aren't paying attention, you can end up in trouble...

Oh there is specific graffitti, but like I said, there is graffitti everywhere, and unless you know what you are looking for, it's easy to miss. In fact, if you play the game casually, you may not even really catch the names of the gangs to be on the lookout for... Even if you know what to look for, If you aren't paying attention, you can end up in trouble...

You mean if the player doesn't pay attention they can die horribly because of their own foolish actions?

GET THIS IN THE GAME! That is totally what 2020 was about for me.

I really like that idea.

I know I've previously suggested members of certain gangs spawning in certain parts of town.

How about for a given area, particularly where territories overlap, you have (X) percentage chance of Gang X's graffiti / members spawning, (Y) percentage chance of Gang Y's graf and members spawning, and in rare instances, one gang's graf overlapping anothers, and the player happens to walk into the middle of a live turf war? =D

It would work nicely for CP77.. It wouldn't be any fun if there is no danger in it.. Make it so!

Last edited:
Well, they better. It's all in Night City sourcebook, who controls where and does what, gang-wise.

Of course all the info in said source book will be largely useless by 2077. The areas themselves would probably be completely different, not to mention the gangs within them.

Imagine all the fun that Wis is going to have making a brand new map for games based in 2077, complete with gang territory control data...

Of course all the info in said source book will be largely useless by 2077. The areas themselves would probably be completely different, not to mention the gangs within them.

Imagine all the fun that Wis is going to have making a brand new map for games based in 2077, complete with gang territory control data...

He will go insane i bet.. Trying to make everything more like 2020.. :D

I don't know about that. For one thing, they are moving it to 2077 mostly to make the tech more believable and let them adjust a few things. Why change gang positions? You think Crips and Bloods have changed territory that much since the 70s? I could see some shifts, but barring a gang being obliterated, which could easily happen, I think the Maelstrom would control their territory pretty effectively.

Now thoroughly off topic. Probably should start a thread on Gangs of Night City so we can reference it later. I'll move these over if we do.

I don't know about that. For one thing, they are moving it to 2077 mostly to make the tech more believable and let them adjust a few things. Why change gang positions? You think Crips and Bloods have changed territory that much since the 70s? I could see some shifts, but barring a gang being obliterated, which could easily happen, I think the Maelstrom would control their territory pretty effectively.

Now thoroughly off topic. Probably should start a thread on Gangs of Night City so we can reference it later. I'll move these over if we do.

Optimally, 2077 will be pretty much exactly like 2020, only with the dates expanded so the level of tech not only makes sense, but has a sense of history, and to make room for expansions on real world tech developments.

That they are including the events of Firestorm does not necessarily mean this is not what is acutally going to happen, since the repercussions of Firestorm are not set in canon anywhere.

Optimally, 2077 will be pretty much exactly like 2020, only with the dates expanded so the level of tech not only makes sense, but has a sense of history, and to make room for expansions on real world tech developments.

That they are including the events of Firestorm does not necessarily mean this is not what is acutally going to happen, since the repercussions of Firestorm are not set in canon anywhere.

And thank Pondsmith for that. Since they could be, if he wanted them to be.

Well, they said they are aiming for the 80s feel, based on Cyberpunk 2020. Some changes of course, but that's the goal. Anyway.

Topic..where are you? CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION.

Just saw the Divinity Orginal Sin beta latest - I'm a backer, natch - and you can change your underwear. PRETTY funny.

Top Bottom