Character Customization!

+
You already can. [video=youtube;GAn49d6-Jqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAn49d6-Jqo[/video]

I want character customization similar to Sims 4 all Fallout 4, where you can choose gender, race, skin tone etc. There are no sliders to mess with just click on the face and move the nose until you have what you want (scultpting).

I assume things like the elven ears or tails which are available in Cyberpkunk 2020 will be in game implants that you buy after you make your character.

I want character customization similar to Sims 4 all Fallout 4, where you can choose gender, race, skin tone etc. There are no sliders to mess with just click on the face and move the nose until you have what you want (scultpting).

I assume things like the elven ears or tails which are available in Cyberpkunk 2020 will be in game implants that you buy after you make your character.

Would you not be satisfied with presets with an optional 'advanced' section for those of us who like to tweak every last detail?

I expect to have presets of course, but I never use them. There is no realistic way they would not be there. Sims 4 has them but you still can modify your character as I suggested.

The main reason I would not expect elven ears or things like that is that these are all IMPLANTS and as such you would have to buy them in game, not during character creation.

I expect to have presets of course, but I never use them. There is no realistic way they would not be there. Sims 4 has them but you still can modify your character as I suggested.

The main reason I would not expect elven ears or things like that is that these are all IMPLANTS and as such you would have to buy them in game, not during character creation.

Now that made me wonder... would you have to wait for the game to start to buy implants? I have never played CP2020 but I've played a very little bit of the PnP Shadowrun 5th Edition online and there you could buy cyberware at the start with your starting nuyen/resources and essence ("humanity") but always minding the restrictions that you could only buy cyberware of availability and "uninvasivity" ratings lower than a threshold (you couldn't just buy the best there was at the start). What if you want to play someone who's had some cyberware for some time now? I think you should be allowed. How much control will character creation give us? Will we be able to dump points or whatever in having more money at the start of the game or dedicate any starting money for things like this?

Now that made me wonder... would you have to wait for the game to start to buy implants? I have never played CP2020 but I've played a very little bit of the PnP Shadowrun 5th Edition online and there you could buy cyberware at the start with your starting nuyen/resources and essence ("humanity") but always minding the restrictions that you could only buy cyberware of availability and "uninvasivity" ratings lower than a threshold (you couldn't just buy the best there was at the start). What if you want to play someone who's had some cyberware for some time now? I think you should be allowed. How much control will character creation give us? Will we be able to dump points or whatever in having more money at the start of the game or dedicate any starting money for things like this?
That's the same in Cyberpunk. If you have the money left after buying your starting equipment, you can buy cyberware for your character at creation time. The biggest problem with starting a character with cyberware is the cost. Cyberware is expensive.

That's the same in Cyberpunk. If you have the money left after buying your starting equipment, you can buy cyberware for your character at creation time. The biggest problem with starting a character with cyberware is the cost. Cyberware is expensive.

This is actually kind of important, too. Cyberware is -such- a part of the setting, including it in character generation is simply essential.

And not just including it, but making it clear by use of brand names and "day use value" that cybernetics are now ubiquitous in society. Everyone, (nearly everyone), has some kind of plug or chip or readout or eye or whatever.

Likewise, it shouldn't be mandatory. Some (weird) players insist on going in without cyberware at all.

Also, the prices, like the book should range from reasonable to small-time fashion and health accessories, (glowing hair, biomonitor) all the way to crazy expensive combat and tech gear.

Because that expensive stuff encourages players to take the eb10,000 payout for Selling Your Soul. Hell-lo remote controls and cortex bombs!

Player should have a perfect chip of inventory and HUD from the start. Everything else can be obtained as the game unveil itself over time.

Must keep gameplay fresh and sound.

Player should have a perfect chip of inventory and HUD from the start. Everything else can be obtained as the game unveil itself over time.

Must keep gameplay fresh and sound.
Only if they choose to have a neuroware processor, or any other type of cyberware. As Sard mentioned, some of us do play characters who completely eschew cyberware. That too needs to be an option.

Yep.

And not just for cosmetic, religious or eccentricity reasons.

Not only does cyberware compromise your humanity, it does so by a bvariable and unpredictable amount. So if you have, say, Empathy 3 and you put in a neuralware proc, you could end up losing more empathy than average and be close to cyberpsychosis.

Also because EMP style weapons do hard things to electrical devices. Unless shielded. Which costs extra and often takes up precious option spaces.

So yeah. Cyberware purchase from the start but not mandatory. Not even as an excuse for a pretty HUD.

One reason I always liked goggles for "optic" type functions. You get zapped by EMP you just take the now useless things off.

Top Bottom