Ciri in Cyberpunk

+
As already pointed out, at Lucasfilm you have cross references as Easter eggs. Like R2D3 and C3PO in Indiana Jones and other game companies do that too, like BioWare with a Krogan skull in Dragon Age. It means nothing.

George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg are longtime friends, George Lucas was also the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of all 3 original Indiana Jones movies so of course, he's going to put SMALL TINY BLINK AND YOU MISS IT easter eggs into the movies he helped makes of movies he made...also the dog's name was Indiana.

Bioware OWNS and MADE both Dragon Age and Mass Effect, I say this because it doesn't seem to be something you know.

What you people want isn't some small easter egg like what Lucas did what you want is Ciri right in front of you sucking on your face. Ciri Does Not Belong In Cyberpunk 2077. I also gave VERY GOOD examples of the way she can be seen but again, you don't want small little easter eggs, you're crying for a full on replace the main character cameo.

I also gave VERY GOOD examples of the way she can be seen but again, you don't want small little easter eggs, you're crying for a full on replace the main character cameo.

Really they aren't. I haven't seen anyone ask for this, at least not seriously. Well, I haven't seen anyone ask for this at all, and if someone did, I doubt they'd be serious. The request is for a Ciri..something. Varying from an image in a screamsheet article to the NPC herself. But not exactly replacing V, come on.

And, for the pro-Ciri crowd, nor are the anti-Ciri folk saying the game will be utterly ruined - that's garbage. We are saying it would be...lessened.

George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg are longtime friends, George Lucas was also the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of all 3 original Indiana Jones movies so of course, he's going to put SMALL TINY BLINK AND YOU MISS IT easter eggs into the movies he helped makes of movies he made...also the dog's name was Indiana.

Bioware OWNS and MADE both Dragon Age and Mass Effect, I say this because it doesn't seem to be something you know.

What you people want isn't some small easter egg like what Lucas did what you want is Ciri right in front of you sucking on your face. Ciri Does Not Belong In Cyberpunk 2077. I also gave VERY GOOD examples of the way she can be seen but again, you don't want small little easter eggs, you're crying for a full on replace the main character cameo.

That is not true. There is a wide range of possibilities that are discusses, ranging from a blink and you missed it to full blown quest. I understand one not liking a full blown quest but saying that everyone demands that is just wrong. Please reread the thread, there are more than enough comments, including ones about sublety, so the complete opposite of "suck on your face".

I don't quiet understand the paragraphs about Lucas and Bioware. I know that all, which is a reason why they are great examples because they are very similar to CD Projekt. Cross-References are always easier to do if you also have the rights to the franchises, names, designs and so on. Ciri appearing in whatever way in a different game wouldn't be much likely but is no issue with Cyberpunk.

Ciri appearing in whatever way in a different game wouldn't be much likely but is no issue with Cyberpunk.

Except ciri is magic and cyberpunk is science. It is no different than having an elf or dragon appear or to reverse it, have cyborgs and guns appear in the witcher universe. It would not matter if this had been another fantasy game setting, but this is not the case. The moment she appears, you admit magic is real. In ciri description she said she stayed in that other world for a about a year. Are we really going to say she magic exists in cyberpunk and she was hanging around for a year in it? I really do not want to see her or here some story from someone saying they saw a girl appearing and disappearing. From the description of the lead dev, they regret the cyberpunk easter egg they put into the witcher 3 since they are sick of everyone asking for ciri or easter egg to be put in cyberpunk.

And I would say, both are fictional and it's never good to take fiction too serious. What I mean by that is not that the integrity of a fictional world and it's rules are irrelevant and everything should be possible to do in every work. I think a great example for going to far are the two SciFi behemoth Star Wars and Star Trek. The last Star Wars movie featured a hyperspace suicide attack that questions every military conflict in the history of the franchise and the new Star Trek series features an experimental drive that would change the whole history of the galaxy as long as there isn't a good reason this drive becomes useless (which didn't happen for now). So we have two examples for events or things that have major implications on their universes.

Now let's stay with these franchises for a second. Star Wars and Star Trek were developed in the 60s and 70s, which resulted in either not seeing a female in any military role at all or at least not in a commanding role (except for the Star Trek pilot that was rejected), in Star Wars case even people of color didn't exist until later movies and works. Over time that changed and in both franchises it's not uncommon to see woman or people of color in high military ranks for some decades now. So the original canon was changed but the result was not a question mark behind the whole franchise, it was more a result of realizing that the production conditions of the time were different and that accepting this and doing it different now doesn't change a thing about the franchise.

And that is the same case here. There is no magic in Cyberpunk, just because there is a picture of an ashen-haired lady somewhere. Ciri comes into that world and moves out of the world, nothing changed before, between and afterwards, the world is completely intact. As far as I know the world was specifically non-magical hence why Ciri couldn't be found. How much the player notices of that depends on what would be done but apart from a portal opening directly in front of him or her, nothing magical ever happens. Even though I would argue, that portals aren't magical and exist in SciFi works as well like.. well.. Portal.

What I mean by that is not that the integrity of a fictional world and it's rules are irrelevant and everything should be possible to do in every work.

I think a lot of story authors would like a word with you. That is the exact opposite of how fictional worlds work, you have to have consistent rules to follow in a fictional work or you break the suspension of disbelief.

The last Star Wars movie featured a hyperspace suicide attack that questions every military conflict in the history of the franchise

Your making my point, everyone is calling BS on whoever made that stupid decision of writing that because it breaks established lore of how the tech works. However, star wars is a good example of why doing "anything" is bad since audience members and fans are ripping up the the last jedi on social media.

Now let's stay with these franchises for a second. Star Wars and Star Trek were developed in the 60s and 70s, which resulted in either not seeing a female in any military role at all or at least not in a commanding role (except for the Star Trek pilot that was rejected), in Star Wars case even people of color didn't exist until later movies and works. Over time that changed and in both franchises it's not uncommon to see woman or people of color in high military ranks for some decades now. So the original canon was changed but the result was not a question mark behind the whole franchise, it was more a result of realizing that the production conditions of the time were different and that accepting this and doing it different now doesn't change a thing about the franchise.

What? That has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. That is a social issue, this is about mixing genres of magic and science. Like having lord of the rings and suddenly space aliens start evading, it does not belong.

I have the feeling that you misunderstood me, because I did said that it's important to respect the rules of a universe or the consequences might be severe. What I point out however is, that it's important to differentiate and not every action, change, or bending of the rules has these consequences. The implication is what is important and an easteregg usually doesn't have any implication on the world, even bigger changes as the ones I chose as example (which had more to do with production issues than social issues) didn't have any implication on their franchises. You are extremely exaggerating, Ciri appearing in some way in the game is not equal to an alien invasion in Lord of the Rings. It's like comparing apples to bananas. Ciri stumbles into the Cyberpunk world, she exist there for a short time and she leaves it, that is it. People have tons of suggestions and idea how this is translated but in any case it means nothing, no change in history, no fireballs, no dragons, no were wolves, no magic, nothing. So this alleged genre mixing doesn't exist, because magic doesn't exist and isn't even suggested. People even imagine Ciri trying to fit in (as visible in fanarts and cosplay).

I'm here with you Sard!
Ciri can't show up in Cyberpunk 2077 in a physical form, the world she talked about in Witcher 3 was generic sci-fiction tropes. In the world of Cyberpunk 2077 there is no Magic, so there is no Physical Cameo of Ciri. The most you will get of her is a poser gang dressed as characters from Withcer 3 or a Cyberpunk 2077 version of Gamestop with a copy of Witcher 10: Ciri's Adventures in Science World.

Night City and Cyberpunk is safe, it has Reality barriers that prevent the usage of any kind of magic or magic technology like wormholes or portals.

Solid logic, but what if The Witcher series is a netrunner game in Cyberpunk 2077? Ciri is a sufficiently advanced AI made for the game which escaped into the 2077 world, maybe by a glitch or bc Avallac'h is actually a netrunner. Maybe she interacted with that world by "piloting" a drone or puppet or even just by jumping around the network/looking through cameras. What she interpreted as "Eredin finding her" could actually be a hacker from the game's publisher tracking her down and getting her back where she belongs.

Is it crazy that i want more than just a few lines? How about a bigger Quest? Just helping this obviously crazy girl that talkes about portals and other worlds?

How can anyone NOT want that?
I dont want magic in a game that is supposed to be an interpretation of the real world.

Making it a quest will mean that, to slake the thirst of 100% the game, I'd need to go through the quest and break my immersion.

No thanks.

Heres my thoughts, having never played a single CDPR game (not interested in fantasy games. Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be amazing though).

IF Ciri makes an appearance, as in, more than just on a poster or offhandedly mentioned, she shouldn't look out of place.

She should be wearing clothes that fit with the theme of Cyberpunk, she shouldnt use magic, and she should make no references to the Witcher games.

Id prefer not seeing her around at all, but it is CDPR decision.

Maybe someone could appear who looks very similar to Ciri, but you cannot tell if she is really Ciri or just a cosplayer. But with this topic having been brought up so often, any Ciri reference in CP2077 may now feel like fan service, rather than an easter egg that was put in the game as a surprise that the developers themselves wanted. So, I can imagine there will be nothing Ciri related in the game, or at best it will be done in some unexpected way.

Such as a long term romance.
Make her call V daddy too, while asking him to wear a white wig, and I'm in.

But if Ciri will be in C77 reality, it means she is kind of dummy. She could grab all the tech, like blueprints for nukes, tanks, orbital cannons and how to make them and so on and bring it back to Witcher reality, and bam, Wild Hunt destroyed in less than a week ;)

But if Ciri will be in C77 reality, it means she is kind of dummy. She could grab all the tech, like blueprints for nukes, tanks, orbital cannons and how to make them and so on and bring it back to Witcher reality, and bam, Wild Hunt destroyed in less than a week ;)

not really, all that stuff would be totally meaningless to her.

Not even close, have you seen a chip fabricator? those things are massive:
asml_waferstepper.jpg

And then she would need at the bare minimum, a computer to drive it, a 3d printer (and all the raw refined materials it needs) to make the other components, a robot to assemble everything, a massive generator to drive it all, oh, and a clean room to keep it all in. Dust, pollen and other things would gunk this thing up in minutes.

Last edited:

That is a good point, she was in the world she described for a year. You telling me she never learned about modern weapons or thought once about how useful they would be against those chasing her? She is either not very smart, or she was not in cyberpunk, but another world (future game?) where things are different, but still use magic.

Make her call V daddy too, while asking him to wear a white wig, and I'm in.

Ahhwww yes, what a flawless idea heheheheh i am all for it. (must be animureptile speaking here)
But no Wig needed though, you can have nanites that change your appearance "on the fly".
(not sure if CDPR ll put that in) But in the original you can have skin that changes colour
with your mood...

Back to topic.... if the REDs decide to put her in, even as full romance path or with extented
interaction during a quesline... then it ll be quite some work, not to make it cringeyy.
I personally would like to deal with this mischievious insolent brat, along a nice questline
and heck why not even romance *shrugs*

(not my fault the designer made her that hot :p) Yes she is, don t lie to yourself.

We only can wait, what the final game ll have in stock for us, aye?
Regarding the "magic" in CP2077 world... i am not concerned about this.... since
Cirilla would not use her abilities at all, out of fear Eredin would find her.
Besides.... her "blinking" would appear as superhuman fast, similar to the reflex
boosters V already can use. So i don t think it would disrupt the "world" if it is kept
to a minimum (which would make sense, since she is hiding after all)

Also as i said before.... it would be quite the interesting contrast to all the augmented
people in this world, to have a fully biological human there. On the other hand it
might be, a good idea, not to have her in CP2077. Just to keep things simpler.
(regarding to the development process)

So long

Top Bottom