Ciriously

+
arkblazer said:
So she is a mary sue because you find her annoying?

Read what i wrote and my links instead of asking. And if you don't agree then at least agree to disagree.

I know where it came from and all that, for starters that term doesn't even apply because it only applied to OC-self insertions in fanfictions. Ciri isnt some self insertion from a FF she is an actual canon character so calling her a Mary sue is incorrect to begin with.

BTW the original mary sue, didnt have bs powers. she however was a perfect character and who got paired with the favorite character of their choice.

But yeah, atleast we can agree to disagree

and stu's like Geralt

Sirnaq said:
I don't agree with your definition of mary sue. Mary sue is usually annoying self-insert of an author that is nearly perfect at everything they do.

Nearly perfect, you say...

The story of Ciri, is a string of failures, loss of loved ones, physical and mental abuse, trauma, kidnappings, humiliation etc. And just few brief moments of happiness. Ultimately she has been dominated by one man.

At the end of Witcher saga she is (as stated by Sapkowski) a(n) tabula rasa (blank page), which makes her an ideal character for game developers, to use.

Nars said:
Nearly perfect, you say...

The story of Ciri, is a string of failures, loss of loved ones, physical and mental abuse, trauma, kidnappings, humiliation etc. And just few brief moments of happiness. Ultimately she has been dominated by one man.

At the end of Witcher saga she is (as stated by Sapkowski) a(n) tabula rasa (blank page), which makes her an ideal character for game developers, to use.

Yes, i agree with everything you just said and as i said earlier her horrible life only made her stronger. She killed the man that dominated her, finally learned how to use her powers at will... And she is still a damn mary sue. She is independent, hardboiled killer with super magic abilities. And yes i agree that her character would fit in videogame.

Sirnaq said:
She killed the man that dominated her,

Yes, and she put a lot of effort to this fight (with human). Her fencing skills (we can theorize) are roughly at the witcher level. As we know witchers are far form invincible. And still, she lacks experience (see what i did here ;P?).

Sirnaq said:
finally learned how to use her powers at will...

To wihich ability you're referring to? To trigger journey between dimensions and times, she needs lake, when she finds one, there is no assurance that she will go, where she wants to go. Besides CDPR writers can limit this ability.

Sirnaq said:
She is independent, hardboiled killer with super magic abilities.

She was, 'till she met Vysogota. Under his influence she regained respect for human life (for example she spared Skellen on Tarn Mira).

http://www.ldps.pl/?p=989 (Please use Google translator)
This girl is working as a motion capture actress.
The most important thing is Her Work Experience:
"2013 'The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt "Motion capture, combat system, CD Projekt RED"
But it's not all. She is a:
"Member of the Nordic Stage Fight Society - Norwegian association organizing training choreographed stage fights. Acquired skills (sword and saber fights choregraphy, melee, et al.) Uses motion capture sessions for the major manufacturers."
Is it possible that She is a MoCap actress for Ciri?

I think people are mixing Mary Sue with Creator´s Pet, but I don´t see Ciri as any of them, considering all the screw ups she does and the hells she goes through.

No even care if she is mary suri or pinky winki, she is a important character on the withcer story and she deserve to be on the las part of the game

dani1234 said:
"Member of the Nordic Stage Fight Society - Norwegian association organizing training choreographed stage fights. Acquired skills (sword and saber fights choregraphy, melee, et al.) Uses motion capture sessions for the major manufacturers."
Probably the girl they used for the 'Killing Monsters' trailer.

Actually, nvm, you're probably right and it's getting too late for me to be able to read still - it clearly says "combat system" there. She does kinda looks like the girl from the trailer tho.

dani1234 said:

Very possible. If she's only doing mo-cap, she doesn't actually have to look like Ciri, though I find her more credible than, say, Dakota Fanning. She's built like she's been through witcher training. Yowza.

GuyN said:
Very possible. If she's only doing mo-cap, she doesn't actually have to look like Ciri, though I find her more credible than, say, Dakota Fanning. She's built like she's been through witcher training. Yowza.
On Her facebook page someone called Her "Wiedźminka" which basically means "woman witcher"
She answered "Ciiiii!!!" which is onomatopoeia for "be quiet" in Polish. Coincidence? I don't think so...

arkblazer said:
She was arrogant, cowardly, haughty, vengeful, short tempered, hard headed, stubborn. Actually she even has more flaws than Geralt.

Did you just call CIRI a coward?
What... what the fuck...
Also, I don't really see being stubborn as a flaw. At least not in her case.

-

On topic:

Best post I've read since I registered here (but then again, I only registered Ciricently*). This forum needs moar happiness.

*lol geddit, "recently". Heheheh.
No?
Ok.

I think we should stop arguing and start pushing for a new game after W3 called "The Witcheress" :p

(Read this in that deep movie trailer voice. You know the one)

In a world, plagued by evil monsters and men alike. Where greed and lust besets the hearts of the population. Only one shining light dares to sever the dark veil of corruption.
One woman, two swords, all badass!

Cirious Witchness

Coming this fall.

Top Bottom