Controller Support for Accessibility

+
Hey all, I'm Tamsin.

I just wanted to suggest that CD Projekt Red add controller support to The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Being disabled and having nerve issues with my hands, it prevents me from playing games on a mouse and keyboard for extended periods. I really love the franchise, but I'm having problems playing the first game because of this. I know it may be a bit of an undertaking, but added controller support would be an incredible help to me and other disabled persons.

Thanks for all the good times with your games! I hope you'll consider adding this much needed feature.

Cheers!

@newtype06

I can all but guarantee you that this will not be done in-house. Your best bet is to look for mods. Even then, I imagine it would be a pretty brutal task to get things working well / reliably. TW1 was simply not built that way.

There are also 3rd-party programs like joy2key or Xpadder that will allow you to hook PC inputs to a controller (just Google them)...but I can't promise that the game will be fully playable like this. TW1 relies on mouse cursor input in order to interact with objects, NPCs, target enemies in combat, etc. It's not like TW2 or 3 that offers a "target lock" mechanic.

Top Bottom