Cops Are Too Easily Aggroed By V

+

"COPS ARE TOO EASILY AGGROED BY V"

So now everyone can notice the real issue with the police system which is, a means to easily differentiate between a forceful act against a siv, or an accidental one.
I doubt the devs will be able to design such a system unfortunately, the only alternative is to just have less cops. Space them out a bit so they aren't around as much to be triggered by every random act.

I didn't see this mentioned yet: just now, I failed at descending from a roof, fell, and took a massive amount of fall damage.
I didn't have a weapon out, and hadn't in several hours in-game time. I didn't fall on anyone, either.

Yet, nearby cops started searching for me, and I hid at Viktor's so they wouldn't find me.

Ridiculous. All I did was accidentally spook some citizens by accidentally falling from a roof.

I had a rather funny mishap with the easily aggroed NCPD.

I had just started the side mission "Burning Desire", which automatically spawns V's car. I got in the car, and just as the mission giver Jesse Johnson had entered the car, that's when a NCPD car rear-ended me, then opened fire. Within seconds, Jesse got back out of V's car and exploded. Mission failure, thanks to the hyper-aggressive NCPD, heh.

Anyway, while the new police system can be sometimes game breaking, I don't find it overly immersion breaking. It has already been established that many officers on the NCPD force are corrupt buttholes who take bribes from the rich and gangs, while taking out their inflated egos on V and other innocent civilians.

I'd say 50% of the NCPD scanner jobs end up with me having a wanted level, I assume because I attack before combat is triggered, the game thinks I'm attacking 'civillians'. I'm literally working for the police and they attack me for it.

It's actually ridiculous. Helping the cops out in a shootout is an important part of the game. I would assume this was completely untested because it happens to me every time I try it (guns and blades). I've stopped playing the game hoping it will get fixed but I'm not even sure its on the radar

Maelstrom have infiltrated the NCPD; that "cop" is a gang member in disguise.

Or, he is of the opinion that it's illegal to annoy other people.

Not sure which would be worse. :think:

So thanks to CDPR listening to GTA kids we now have cops walking through NCPD EVENTS entirely ignoring armed terrorists, dead civilians and still alive hostages.

The whole point of NCPD Events is to illustrate just how understaffed and overwhelmed NCPD is in Night City, to the point that the dispatcher is calling for anyone available to help out. Yet now they're actually protecting NCPD Events from V because if V tries to clear them out, the cops will attack V.

Brilliant, genius, mindblowingly immersive.

I honestly think CDPR should just delete the on-foot cops and only have them patrol in squad cars 'cause this is ridiculous. 2.0 update AKA a giant middle finger to immersion & lore update.

Last edited:
So thanks to CDPR listening to GTA kids we now have cops walking through NCPD EVENTS entirely ignoring armed terrorists, dead civilians and still alive hostages.

They're actually protecting NCPD Events from V now, which the dispatcher herself asks V to clear out... but if V tries to clear them out, the cops will attack V. Brilliant, genius, mindblowingly immersive.

I honestly think CDPR should just delete the on-foot cops and only have them patrol in squad cars 'cause this is ridiculous.
Yep it´s dumb, they should tweak this, alteast so we don´t get attacked by the patrolling cops: I hope you already reported this to them- Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED Sometimes I wonder how these things get into the game, like someone must have thought, that something like this would happen with all these cops patrolling the streets now..

I hope you already reported this to them- Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

Unfortunately as much as I want to bring this to CDPR's attention, it's technically not a bug so can't report it despite how many problems the implementation of roaming cops is causing and how much foresight it lacks when it was being implemented.

If there was a place to submit feedback directly I'd use it instantly, but alas there isn't so... as far as technicality is concerned, this is all "intended behavior".

My situations:

- went to Afterlife to start a quest
- parked my car nearby
- finished what I had to do
- go back
- there is a cop near my car, standing
- I enter the car, starting engine and slowly start moving
- the cop went balistic, and started shooting
- called backup
- after a few moments I went from zero stars to three
- ran away while asking myself what the hell happened.

I also thought that the cops aggroed too easily during firefights until I noticed that I happened to be using tech and power ricochet weapons at the time. Once I started using other weapons, the cops did not aggro.

I suspect NCPD got upset because the projectiles from my tech weapons and power ricochet weapons were somehow striking innocent bystanders in addition to the ganggoons and I did not realize it. I suppose that is what I get for not checking my targets.

It is understandable but it would be nice if tech weapon penetration and power weapon bullet bounce were tweaked a bit so that cop aggro did not happen as frequently. Either that or if we could get a prox alert from our cyberware if innocents are in our line of fire.

I suspect NCPD got upset because the projectiles from my tech weapons and power ricochet weapons were somehow striking innocent bystanders in addition to the ganggoons and I did not realize it. I suppose that is what I get for not checking my targets.
Yep, and more "annoying", bullets can ricochet on enemies themself... Which often kill the ostage you try to "save", hit an explosive tank or even with luck, kill another enemy :)
I managed to get it on video :
My bullet hit an enemy first (headshot damage in yellow), then ricochet on the civilian (regular damage in white).
Beside, not sure anyone tried it, but on my side I can slaughter enemies in middle of cops with knives or katanas, they ignore me and stay passive, even thanks me at the end. But if I fire a single bullet or upload a QH (I only tried with short circuit and overheat), cops instantly turn hostile and shoot on me. Tested on two "events", the one right at the megabuilding H10 (V's apartement) and the one just next to where Dex wait you.
The main reason why I didn't have any issue with cops during my first 2.0/2.01 playthrough, because I exclusively used blades and knives.

Unfortunately as much as I want to bring this to CDPR's attention, it's technically not a bug so can't report it despite how many problems the implementation of roaming cops is causing and how much foresight it lacks when it was being implemented.

If there was a place to submit feedback directly I'd use it instantly, but alas there isn't so... as far as technicality is concerned, this is all "intended behavior".
I think it fits perfectly into this category- I´m experiencing issues with gameplay, you can´t tell me this behavior is intended for the cops by CDPR.. Hey, it doesn´t hurt to try reporting it, worst case they´ll just ignore it.. I would go for it tbh :smart:

I agree. Now CP plays almost like the first Mafia. In a city where no one cares about the law, the cops become aggressive, even when you just crash into another car, it's too much.

Feedback is allowed, as far as I know. So it doesn't hurt to try instead of just discussing it with other players.

Posting your issues on the forums generally does nothing if nobody is reporting it directly to CDPR's support team.

Just started a new playthrough, in 2 hours I managed to do 3 NCPD scans and spent the rest of the time running away.

I figured that, when the police is nearby, one of the things that triggers their response the most was attacking an enemy that was downed by non lethal means, like a quickhack or being shot at the limbs rather than head or torso. Since I was using an auto rifle/smg, this happened a lot. Last shot hits the arm, brings hp to 0 in a non lethal immediately followed by another shot that kills the enemy and gets the NCPD attention for being flagged as an out of combat shot or something. Which will happen 100% of the time if you're using something that shoots at 900 rpm or something.

That, plus having police officers literally everywhere made me download a mod to disable the heat system entirely until it gets toned down. It's way, way too aggro right now and having to run a km away after >every single< gunfight, forfeiting the loot unless I make my way back got old really fast.

If it wasn't for the mod, I would have 100% uninstalled and moved on.

It's sad that we need mods to bypass shoddy programming. But at least a mod exists. Clearly it is needed.

Top Bottom