Crime Reported! Just for walking around?

+
I have played this game on and off since release and I have never encountered this before.

I will be just walking (or driving) along and NCPD will issue a warrant and start shooting me for no reason whatsoever.

Is this intended behaviour due to an update or is it a new bug?

Probably (almost sure), it's a bug.
I think, it always happen at the same place ?

Anyway, if it's not already done and if you want, you can report it to CDPR Support (with your save if possible).
I'm not sure about category...

Where?

I encountered this exact same bug on my second playthrough.

Here, was my post on it a while ago

It seems to be entirely isolated to TT HQ. There are police walking around there on some sort of patrol and as soon as they appear in render distance my wanted level pops. This often seems to "infect" the officers on the corner locking you out of the store nearby.

I eventually was able to fix this through, but I can't quite recall how. It either involved me (finally) doing the heist and getting further away from TT HQ. Or me sleeping/restarting the game or something.

EDIT: I did also report it at the time, definitely do that as well, since more reports might shift it up in severity.

I eventually was able to fix this through, but I can't quite recall how.
The "only" solution (other than wait for a patch) that I can suppose (it's probably the same as enemies, I have the same problem with Tygers near the megabuilding H8) :
- Find the area where you have the problem (easy).
- Find the cops who are (e)involved (not so easy).
- Kill the cops (e)involved (even less easy).
- Run away for no longer have a bounty.
- Save and relaunch the game.

Normally, it should be fixed.

Edit : Yeah @Iszdope , 3:00 AM... The worst, it's I saw it when I (re)read my post... :D

Last edited:
^
I know you is not a gonk and is french, but...heh...

"find the cops who who are evolved (not so easy)".

HA! That is gold.

The word I believe you is looking for is 'involved'

You just made my week. Fanks.

I like this behaviour it seems now that the more bad arse you have been the more you will encounter hostile actions from the police.

It seems certain areas are a no go zone for me at the moment problem is the no go zone is getting larger there is a mod on nexusmods that stops this happening.

Mod is called Stop NCPD attacks I have pasted description below

Have you ever been attacked by NCPD out of the blue?

You just scout the city peacefully and all of sudden all the hell breaks lose with heavy police forces fiercely attacking you from everywhere around.
All the drones, city turrets even MaxTac!
Even if you're lucky to escape they keep chasing you and stage "no go" zones traps.

Can't complete a quest because of hostile police officers sticking in the quest zone calling reinforcements?

If this is the case this mod is for you.

What it does:

it calls off an attack and turns remaining police officers friendly if possible.
This also clears a no-go zone if you stumbled upon one.

What it doesn't do:

it does not grant you immunity and NCPD still keeps your felony record in its database so behave ;-)

I may try it if things get any worse

It seems to be a bug introduced with 1.31, seems repeatable and most often happens around Megabuilding H10, even when I'm driving slowly and taking the ramp up to the parking garage.
Numerous issues with gang members on the sidewalk suddenly aggro on me when I'm driving past doing nothing too, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I haven't played cyberpunk in a while, but when I did play, the police were never really much of an issue.

Hoo boy... Them police are real scary when they have you surrounded... I like using rooftops to their disadvantage. Shot here and there. Quickhack here and there. Take a second to heal here and there. Rinse and repeat here and there and gone...

The police rarely ever attacked me when I didn't deserve it. I'm a horrible driver. If your in the streets of Night City, your gonna die. I don't care if the light is red, do you see me slowing down? Standing on the sidewalk may not save you. I'm driving over 100 miles an hour and I'm usually turning at the last second. Sidewalks aren't safe either. Neither are stairs. I'll take any shortcut I can.

I'm also a bit of hypocrite too... if I get hit, I will gun their a## dooown.

Have any of you guys ever had angry people follow you and purposefully ram you with their cars? They try fight you when you get out. Weird. These guys catch hands from my brawler too.

Cops don't like any of this. Usually. Cops usually overlook one... two... or three hit and runs? Usually... I've hit and killed NPCs and cops don't bat an eye. Not always, but usually. Drive a little distance and your fine cause cops don't persue you like GTA or Saints Row.

Like I originally said... the cops usually don't attack me without reason... Sorry about your cop problems if they are attacking you guys for no reason. Good luck!

It's a bug. I encounter it every now and then all over Night City.
Sometimes the cops come after me when I'm even helping them fight off bad guys in those "flashing star" sections lol.
Easy way to get rid off cops is to enter a store and they magically disappear or just drive away.

Top Bottom