Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be different quests/dialogue depending on if you play the female or male version of V?

Clearly the voice actor must be different :p, but I doubt quests and characters will react the exact same way depending on if you play the female or male version. Will the dialogue lines really be the same but with just a different voice actor?

At the same time, it would be way too much work to make 2 entirely different games for the male/female V, so some compromise has to be made?
At this point, from what I know the lines might be slightly different, but when it comes to how many of them, what exactly will be different - it's a bit too early to say.

I will the weather work in the game will be simple rain or will sandstorm, thunder, heat waves and also how will weather affect the world of night city will NPC's act differently.

Good point. But if you can save some humanity point for a different cyberware other than the mantis blade, would you do it?
Hell no.

If for no other reason then the blade isn't sturdy enough to support the weight of a human body. They're intentionally designed to bend to reduce the chance of them breaking.

Take a look at the Mantis Blades in the reveal, those are short, heavy, solid. Designed to chop or punch thru armor.

A katana is a finesse weapon, a mantis is a sharpened crowbar.

Last edited:
So I've had a question in mind since I saw the 48min gameplay trailer.

When/if you play as a Male V will it still be a Male Jackie or will it be a female Jackie?

Because a Female Jackie, being viewed by Jackie, would be different but somehow the same. It seems like a lot more work but it'd add to the immersion instead of just using the same Character/Male Jackie and change 1 or 2 words to accomodate the Male V.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that people who saw the second demo with Male V still had Male Jackie. I have also heard there is Female companions .
Oh cool can you add the link for the second demo for those who haven't seen it?
So what are we talking Far Cry 5esque companions? That can and will react the same minus a few and added a few words.

Last edited:
Oh cool can you add the link for the second demo for those who haven't seen it?
So what are we talking Far Cry 5esque companions? That can and will react the same minus a few and added a few words.

Second demo was behind closed doors at Gamescom 2018, hasn't been made public yet, only what journalists said in their articles is available about it.

So I've had a question in mind since I saw the 48min gameplay trailer.

When/if you play as a Male V will it still be a Male Jackie or will it be a female Jackie?

There is only one Jackie and he is a guy :) There will be female companions like TBug tho. But Jackie will remain a male NPC.

Second demo was behind closed doors at Gamescom 2018, hasn't been made public yet, only what journalists said in their articles is available about it.
We have no plans to show the 2nd version of the demo.

This question seems stupid ........ but this woman is going to be part of the game or some main or secondary story?

Cyberpunk-2077.jpg

At the beginning of the game after the first mission or so if I decide I want to just go around and explore will I be able to go anywhere I chose? Maybe even find missions that I wasn't meant to discover until much further through the story line. Is there going to be experience locked zones or zones that are to rough to navigate until I've leveled my character?

At the beginning of the game after the first mission or so if I decide I want to just go around and explore will I be able to go anywhere I chose? Maybe even find missions that I wasn't meant to discover until much further through the story line. Is there going to be experience locked zones or zones that are to rough to navigate until I've leveled my character?

I know that question has been asked but I don't think we've gotten an official answer. I think the consensus is that most players want the freedom to do exactly what you describe even if doing so would be ill advised. As long as the game has a way of letting the player know what might be a bad idea, my preference is giving the player the freedom to make bad choices and having to live (provided the player survives) with the consequences.

At the beginning of the game after the first mission or so if I decide I want to just go around and explore will I be able to go anywhere I chose?
Maybe to an extent. My understanding is various parts of the city are locked off until you acquire enough "Street Cred" to open them up. You should be able to explore unlocked areas freely but not go anywhere, do anything.

Along with a traditional XP system, players can garner Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. The player’s reputation is then used to unlock access to new vendors and contacts throughout Night City, allowing them to complete new missions.

Along with a traditional XP system, players can garner Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. The player’s reputation is then used to unlock access to new vendors and contacts throughout Night City, allowing them to complete new missions.

This sounds very good.

Will it be like TW3 where you unlock perks and skills with the traditional XP system or will we be able just to improve stats? Or both (i.e. fallout 4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom