Customizing V's Apartment is a missed opportunity

+

Is customizing V's apartment a good idea?

• 1. I think we should totally make V's apartment however we like it.

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • 2. Some cosmetics for completing the game's quests would be nice.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • 3. No, V's apartment is fine the way it is.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 4. All I want to do is pay my rent!

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 5. We definitely need to pet kitty!

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Let's face it, we're all to the stage of grief where we're starting to put out our own stories. It's like how we all started telling our own version of the Clone Wars after The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. However, one of the things I really think was a missed opportunity in this game was the complete lack of development to V's apartment.

Weird, huh?

However, I was just thinking of THE OUTER WORLDS and how it was a pretty bare bones apartment in your ship that, nevertheless, started filling up with trophies of completed missions and it occurred to me that there's so much that could have been done in the apartment that would have made it more interesting. Way back in SAINTS ROW 2, you had a nightclub that started as a complete shithole but as you completed the game became one of the most badass clubs in the world. One thing I really liked about Cyberpunk 2077 is also the Cat Quest.

So he's a bunch of things I think the game could benefit from relating to V's apartment:

* Get them to be able to fucking sleep right. The animation is worse than just clicking on the bed.

* The opportunity to pay V's rent for a month. Don't introduce the landlord saying you're behind due to coma without actually adding a bill to pay. Make it a hot woman or guy to offer sex to if you want to be weird about it.

* I think the game could really benefit from some FALLOUT 3 design philosophy. One of the things I loved about decorating my run down shack was buying themes from Moira that related to 1950s, Mad Science, Love Machine, Survivalist, and Raider (the corpses suspended from wires makes me wonder about Moira). You could do the same with three very basic ones:

1. Nomad: hubcabs on the wall, Aldecado merchandise, and generally a country and Western/Mad Max theme.
2. Corpo: Slick, rich, and Peralez-esque with its richness despite living in Watson.
3. Street Kid: A sort of salvaged second-hand urban look that is similar to Jackie's place.

You could maybe insert more themes if you have the time like Mox, Valentinos, Maelstrom, Militech, or Arasaka. These seem like the kind of free DLC that everyone would love.

To go full Fallout 3, have you buy them from Claire because I like Claire and she should have a bigger role in the game.

* MORE trophies from V's various completed quests. A little toy cyberpsycho who looks like Robocop if you beat Cyberpsycho Sightings, a boxing poster on the wall if you won Beat on the Brat, a UFO toy if you completed the Peralzes mission, a gift from Randy if you helped River and so on. There's some already but not enough, IMHO.

* A Shard in the gun room that lists all of the guns to complete your gun stash collection and what level they have to be.

* The ability to store clothes in your Wardrobe separately from your gun stash. I hated having to go to the gun room every time I wanted to stash things when there's a wardrobe at the beginning.

* Why is there no option to pet kitty?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Icinix

Forum veteran
All of these. Yes!

..and maybe have people actually tell you they're coming around - so you actually have reasons to go to your apartment. Having your chooms chill on your couch while you shoot the shit would be fantastic.

There were originally going to be options for one night stands that I assume, "Dude shows up after you hook up" at clubs and not really anything more but was in the trailers.

So inviting people to stay for the night should be a thing. Maybe for your love interests as well.

Well id like the chance to customize apartment or even purchase new ones in areas, some might say thats not point of the game being a story id counter it is, your a character in that world let us immerse in it.

Id like to be able to use romance partners house as yours as wellz summon companions over for chat , go to cafe for a bought meal that gives a buff for a day, goto a salon, ripperdoc for chrome and tattoo studio, all these minor things makes the player so much more immersed.

Id like a mox themed apartment

Icinix

Forum veteran
Guys, this game has at this moment way more other important problems to fix as V´s apartment!

..and?
Post automatically merged:

Well id like the chance to customize apartment or even purchase new ones in areas, some might say thats not point of the game being a story id counter it is, your a character in that world let us immerse in it.

Id like to be able to use romance partners house as yours as wellz summon companions over for chat , go to cafe for a bought meal that gives a buff for a day, goto a salon, ripperdoc for chrome and tattoo studio, all these minor things makes the player so much more immersed.

Id like a mox themed apartment

Why stop there? I'd like a mox base of operations in my apartment. Must get crowded at lizzies - and I have a weapons stash.

Guys, this game has at this moment way other more important problems to fix as V´s apartment!

Yes, the serious lack of car customization!

:)

Why stop there? I'd like a mox base of operations in my apartment. Must get crowded at lizzies - and I have a weapons stash.

It is an absurdly large apartment. I assume it must have had like at least 16 murders in it before V bought it. 1-2 is fine in Night City but full on exorcism needed by Misty levels to get it within low-level merc range.

lelxrv

Forum veteran
As much as I'd want more interactivity regarding my property, I'd rather have CDPR prioritize improving of more important aspects of the game.

The thing is, immersion played a cruel joke with CP77. I doubt many people are satisfied with Night City being mostly set decoration. People want to be able to live their lives to reasonable extent in it.

Let's face it, we're all to the stage of grief where we're starting to put out our own stories. It's like how we all started telling our own version of the Clone Wars after The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. However, one of the things I really think was a missed opportunity in this game was the complete lack of development to V's apartment.

Weird, huh?

However, I was just thinking of THE OUTER WORLDS and how it was a pretty bare bones apartment in your ship that, nevertheless, started filling up with trophies of completed missions and it occurred to me that there's so much that could have been done in the apartment that would have made it more interesting. Way back in SAINTS ROW 2, you had a nightclub that started as a complete shithole but as you completed the game became one of the most badass clubs in the world. One thing I really liked about Cyberpunk 2077 is also the Cat Quest.

So he's a bunch of things I think the game could benefit from relating to V's apartment:

* Get them to be able to fucking sleep right. The animation is worse than just clicking on the bed.

* The opportunity to pay V's rent for a month. Don't introduce the landlord saying you're behind due to coma without actually adding a bill to pay. Make it a hot woman or guy to offer sex to if you want to be weird about it.

* I think the game could really benefit from some FALLOUT 3 design philosophy. One of the things I loved about decorating my run down shack was buying themes from Moira that related to 1950s, Mad Science, Love Machine, Survivalist, and Raider (the corpses suspended from wires makes me wonder about Moira). You could do the same with three very basic ones:

1. Nomad: hubcabs on the wall, Aldecado merchandise, and generally a country and Western/Mad Max theme.
2. Corpo: Slick, rich, and Peralez-esque with its richness despite living in Watson.
3. Street Kid: A sort of salvaged second-hand urban look that is similar to Jackie's place.

You could maybe insert more themes if you have the time like Mox, Valentinos, Maelstrom, Militech, or Arasaka. These seem like the kind of free DLC that everyone would love.

To go full Fallout 3, have you buy them from Claire because I like Claire and she should have a bigger role in the game.

* Trophies from V's various completed quests. A little toy cyberpsycho who looks like Robocop if you beat Cyberpsycho Sightings, a boxing poster on the wall if you won Beat on the Brat, a UFO toy if you completed the Peralzes mission, a gift from Randy if you helped River and so on.

* A Shard in the gun room that lists all of the guns to complete your gun stash collection and what level they have to be.

* The ability to store clothes in your Wardrobe separately from your gun stash. I hated having to go to the gun room every time I wanted to stash things when there's a wardrobe at the beginning.

* Why is there no option to pet kitty?

What do you guys think?
I like it!

- What I would also like (if not available): ability to purchase some of those braindance book things and play them if you have that device for it.
- Ability to invite your lover or friends over (oppertunities hereafter are endless). This would also be beneficial for the romance-upkeep as one possible activity type.
- options for some alternative lighting in the room. For instance a yellowish-orange to mimic the hot smelty badlands, blacklight for urban style. Whitish-cyan as corpo tech... And more possible thematic options.

It seems one of these is already in the game!:

V's apartment gets little momentos from some missions. I wish there was more reason to go there (sleep buff?) and more to draw attention to this. I have a vote Peralez poster, Jackie's gloves, Misty's dreamcatcher and a painting and wetsuit from Judy.

It seems one of these is already in the game!:

V's apartment gets little momentos from some missions. I wish there was more reason to go there (sleep buff?) and more to draw attention to this. I have a vote Peralez poster, Jackie's gloves, Misty's dreamcatcher and a painting and wetsuit from Judy.
I think that is the great missed oppertunity, there's no reason to visit outside of sentimental value.
I never truly even used the stash because I just sold everything always.
A simple a la Fallout style: sleep grants XP buff would already do the trick.
Btw, when you befriend the Aldecaldos, is it a bug that I happen to experience or is it true you cant sleep there?

Why stop at V's apartment? Let's invest in some businesses and build those up, add machines/inventory/menu items/etc. These businesses can even have missions to hurt the competition, steal equipment, hire NPCs, and so on. Any NPC would be hirable via an improved recruiting system that Watchdogs uses.

The apartment ends up full of details once you have completed all the possible missions.

However, something more developed would have been cool to have it, at least something similar to the blood and wine vineyard would be fine.

I had some ideas on immersion but not sure right thread, agree eveything on apartments already said.

Chemists, every area has chemist selling stims but pointless as you loot hundreds anyway, remove them from loot tables have mats instead so you either craft or buy them.

Cafes sit down and eat a meal ala rdr2 and gives you a 24 hr ingame health or stamina buff depending on meal and a sociall hub for companion storys.

Barbers/ ripperdocs/ tattoos enough said

Police bounty system, a 4 star system depends on your behaviour, 1 star police locally will attack you but not chase.
2star chase you now until you travelled a significant distance
3 star your hunted by police and mercs who dont give up the chase
4 star enough said elite max tac are om the hunt pay ur bounty or good nite.

Gang affiliation, gang missions give faction standing to gangs but a negative to rivals, so if i do random spawned missions for mox and get faction points other gangs values go down, unique rewards and vehicles become available and decos to flat

Summon a npc friend any of the core group to help you when on foot , as extra firepower there a ai balance would be needed here but that aint bad idea anyway. Loads possibilitys its a rpg or not let us use companions 1 summoned as we want.

Romance enough said on subject already

Loot drops please just alter it say max 1 item per body way to much loot ingame put more emphasis on crafting and shopping instead lootaholic

Just some ideas while having brekie i know not quite on topic sorry

Summon a npc friend any of the core group to help you when on foot , as extra firepower there a ai balance would be needed here but that aint bad idea anyway. Loads possibilitys its a rpg or not let us use companions 1 summoned as we want.

There is a lot of times in this game where I get real Far Cry 2 vibes - and that was great for summoning a buddy who would also revive you and fight with you.

Would be awesome if in here - you could call someone else in to help, especially different skill sets.

e.g - Come across something you can't hack - call T-Bug - if you can fight them throught he point / or stealth - they can do it.

Why is there no option to pet kitty?
What I found from other source, you can have a pet kitty.

Yes the apartment is under utilized, sleeping is not required, sitting on couch watching tv isn't fun, taking bath is overrated, and the person in the mirror looks like Gaunter O’Dimm...All we do use is the stash room. We need some event/quest do to with the home.

I would have liked, to begin with, a more neutral apartment for my female, straight, V. Right now it feels like she's living in some weird dude's place. Shaving cream and some other cream for men in the bathroom and naked ladies by the computer being the most obvious. Wouldn't have made more sense to have those creams in gibberish like the rest of them?
:facepalm:

I would have liked, to begin with, a more neutral apartment for my female, straight, V. Right now it feels like she's living in some weird dude's place. Shaving cream and some other cream for men in the bathroom and naked ladies by the computer being the most obvious. Wouldn't have made more sense to have those creams in gibberish like the rest of them?
:facepalm:

Well, many ladies also need shaving cream.

The naked ladies is less permissible if you're the rare straight female V.

Anyone else think V's apartment is just way too big? Like where I live that place would be like 2 grand a month. God knows how insane the rent would be in Night City especially considering how many homeless there are.

Anyone else think V's apartment is just way too big? Like where I live that place would be like 2 grand a month. God knows how insane the rent would be in Night City especially considering how many homeless there are.

It is very big and I kind of wonder if that is meant to be V's sign of success and that he and Jackie are making some serious bank on their way up the ladder.

Mind you, Jackie literally lives with his mom in her garage so dude has some problems.

Top Bottom