Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+

Guest 4149880

They keep teasing us with flying cars/aerodynes.
I may have to wait until a expansion or something...but I can't wait to steal one of these.

Jackie's car for all intents and purposes is built to fly. Whether or not the player will be able to actually manually control and fly it remains to be seen. Notice the areas I've outlined are flight related controls.

Attachments

• QuadraVTECHInterior.jpg
    QuadraVTECHInterior.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 50
Well I think that is pretty cool if it's true. I noticed those switches and was assuming it was for a fuel boost, wonder if it is stock on some cars in 2077? Probably custom and how custom? If it is somewhat rare or really expensive to have an AV, this may be a nomad/techie custom job. Interesting to think about the underground gear we may be able to get/get installed on stuff. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but pretty neat nonetheless.

I kinda hope people don't blow it outta proportion.

I can see the next titles of most '77 videos on youtube. "Were gettin flying cars that will be able to go everywhere! It's going to be like The Jetsons 2077!! Derpderpderp."

jetson.gif

Guest 4149880

Well I think that is pretty cool if it's true. I noticed those switches and was assuming it was for a fuel boost, wonder if it is stock on some cars in 2077? Probably custom and how custom? If it is somewhat rare or really expensive to have an AV, this may be a nomad/techie custom job. Interesting to think about the underground gear we may be able to get/get installed on stuff. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but pretty neat nonetheless.

I kinda hope people don't blow it outta proportion.

I can see the next titles of most '77 videos on youtube. "Were gettin flying cars that will be able to go everywhere! It's going to be like The Jetsons 2077!! Derpderpderp."

One switch says vector which is related to flight mechanics, also the modes XC/APLT/RW in which the car can operate. ground and flight, possibly an automated fast travel mode from the car as well? All speculation but these details are there none the less. Not to mention the car rear wheels look suspiciously like jet thrusters rather than simple rims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how fast your mind can race!

*Budum Tssh*

get it.....because you can plug it into your brain bits...
Well I thought it was funny...

Nice observation!

I would love a "get the funk outta dodge" button on my car.

Traffic. nope.
Road construction. nope.
Pedestrians. nope.
Yucks given. Nope.

I'm going to have some serious eye twitch issues if V can shoot with his/her right hand while accelerating ... unless, of course, V is jacked into the bike and can then. plausibly (kinda?) operate hands-free.

Suffice to say, I'm rather interested to see how doing motorcycle things is implemented.
:)

Guest 4149880

Nice observation!

I would love a "get the funk outta dodge" button on my car.

Traffic. nope.
Road construction. nope.
Pedestrians. nope.
Yucks given. Nope.

It was one of my most anticipated features until CDPR claimed not allow players to manually fly cars. SO unless this game will have a lot of smoke and mirrors, why bother adding that much detail for nothing unless its one of those situations where the Jackie's car can fly but the player doesn't have the "skills" to do so.

It was one of my most anticipated features until CDPR claimed not allow players to manually fly cars. SO unless this game will have a lot of smoke and mirrors, why bother adding that much detail for nothing unless its one of those situations where the Jackie's car can fly but the player doesn't have the "skills" to do so.

They didn`t say no flying cars only you can`t fly cars , so maybe Jackie fly's the car and V rides shotgun ??????

Guest 4149880

They didn`t say no flying cars only you can`t fly cars , so maybe Jackie fly's the car and V rides shotgun ??????

That's what I've said. I'd sure hope they'll consider allowing the player to use them even if an end game skill is required to operate Aerodynes.

I watched a vid on YT Triple S League i think where they said the problem is out flying the landscape but maybe CDPR game engine is better/ faster to regenerate ????

Easy the bikes will come with SMG`s

Sounds reasonable.

In 2077 they voted my city to add guns to guns and guns get added to everything else...

Funny though because we will see the flashy bikes around the city, but I wanna see some nomad customs. If Nomads are living with these vehicles throughout their lives then these vehicles are going to be like characters themselves with all the customizations you would expect from wasteland dwellers who have nothin to loose. Of course they are going to put guns on mind controlled motorcycles. Makes perfectly logical sense.

I used to ride my bicycle in cities a lot and got really good at standing up, clenching the seat with my thighs and riding a while down the street. My hands were completely free and I could have easily used something like a gun. I always used that time to open a bottle and drink water. Never lost balance or crashed and it looked like I knew what I was doing to anyone around me(not into bmx or anything btw). Never tried it on a motorcycle, but I can imagine it's not too different if your bike is linked up with your brain.

I'm envisioning being able to stand up on your bike with a gun and blast away. It should have it's limitations as in time, how far you can go, aiming probably goes to crap(should probably use a spray and pray), and/or maybe can only be used on straightaways. It sounds like a silly mechanic, but would be the best way to shoot while riding that is somewhat realistic. It's also a very unconventional (and punkish) move that should be doable after your bike stats are increased.

I'm hoping that we can customize cars in the game with a wide selection of choices, and that customization is also fairly universal where it's not just applicable to like one vehicle, or, just a few select ones.

I think it'd be nice to have money traps like that where you can keep dumping cash into a crappy car just so it can perform on the same level and look almost as good as a marginally better car that's completely unmodified.
Dump like $20,000 Eddies to max out a car that's worth $5000, even though a car that costs $6000 performs and looks better without any custom work done yet. :p

300.000 Eddies, what a bargain. How many careers (in lifetimes) or crooked deals would that take to make that in law enforc-

Actually if you're lucky you get to be a pilot of an armed AV on duty there. It may be heavily armed but not yours tho.

But I guess (besides the relatively lucky few not part of the following) only the higher Corpos (or crime lords?) get that as "pocket money" so they can actually buy and own those things.

Makes me wonder though, with the wealth gap. Depending on your heritage you better start making the right decisions early if you want to remotely get to a point where you could get close to owning one. But then again, one doesn't need to have everything, right? :shrug:

Top Bottom