Cyberpunk 2077 and the Oculus Rift

+
Cyberpunk 2077 and the Oculus Rift

Surely I'm not the only person immediately reminded of the Oculus Rift by those kickass goggles worn in the video. So I'm wondering, will Cyberpunk support cyberpunk?

It will be difficult if game will be in 3rd perspective. If game will allow you to zoom in to first person its a matter of patching the game. Totally possible but if game will be very demanding on hardware.. to keep 3D and 30+ fps will be hard. I think you would have to tune down the graphics and res.

I wasn't serious but I would like Oculus Rift some big name titles will support it and if CDPR would too not only would they be the first rpg to use Oculus Rift it would be a great way for them to get some attention.

HELL YES!! I want oculus rift support!! When I meet Morgan Blackhand or go see Johnny Silverhand's band play possibly even see the ghosts of ALT & Rache Bartmoss I want to feel like I'm there. This would be a huge win in my book if the cyberpunk experience actually thrust you into the closest thing to cyberspace we have. I would love this!

Its more idea for Oculus Rift dev's and not for CDPR. So far looking on supported titles of OR it doesnt look all that good.

I suggest who ever is interested in this idea go to Oculus Rift forums and try to convince someone to send CDPR the devkits and come with some good partnership deal.

Its more idea for Oculus Rift dev's and not for CDPR. So far looking on supported titles of OR it doesnt look all that good.

I suggest who ever is interested in this idea go to Oculus Rift forums and try to convince someone to send CDPR the devkits and come with some good partnership deal.

The devs have to support it as well, all the Oculus guys can do is set up the on-screen rendering side, not the gameplay/UI/graphics side. Take a look at Hawken, made to support Rift, it has almost zero 'floating' HUD, most of it either renders as an object in the cockpit or as something like a fighter jet's HUD.

FPSes and RPGs have more problems, floating head and arm viewmodels, flat textures, and improperly scaled models/characters won't feel right in VR.

Posted the suggestion on the Oculus Rift forums...which I would link but the board is having issues with me doing so, it appears.

It will be difficult if game will be in 3rd perspective. If game will allow you to zoom in to first person its a matter of patching the game.

this option is available in elder scrolls games for years, so i second that...

I would love to see the rift community get flattered by this game especially ^^ ( besides the fact that Palmer Luckey slowed down my expectations to use the rift with office & tools software on my cyberdeck )

The devs have to support it as well, all the Oculus guys can do is set up the on-screen rendering side, not the gameplay/UI/graphics side. Take a look at Hawken, made to support Rift, it has almost zero 'floating' HUD, most of it either renders as an object in the cockpit or as something like a fighter jet's HUD.

FPSes and RPGs have more problems, floating head and arm viewmodels, flat textures, and improperly scaled models/characters won't feel right in VR.

I think it would make a good challenge for the UI and Art team to create a HUD and interface that integrates seamlessly with the world, in a similar manner to Hawken and other games such as Dead Space. I always enjoy and appreciate any attempts to move away from the traditional floating HUD, and I see it as a win-win scenario if the developers could pull it off alongside Oculus Rift support. The viewmodel issue is definitely an important consideration in the early stages, however.

I'd support CP2077 for the Oculus Rift.

A top notch RPG needs top notch technology to be presented on.
And I bet when the game is released Oculus will be a standart in most gamers arsenal.

Love;

Clu5ter

I vote for this as well, being I am getting two Oculus ( non dev versions )

hmm is the plural word Oculi?

YES!!!!!This is just what I need! Please make this happen!

Oculus rift is not for FPS only,and I guess when 2077 come out,Xbox 720 and PS4 would also be out,and 3d stereoscope game will be an standard.
Though Oculus rift can't afford as much as Nvidia pushs their 3dvision(which is a good thing )But I think after witcher2,everyone in projectCD already get use to design game with 3d stereoscope in mind.
So just one more step,VR device can be spported,and wouldn't hurt 3dvision support at all.

Right? Right??

The occulus would work if you had controls like the old resident evil games where A and D rotate your body and you could move your head around like the aiming system in star fox dinosaur planet where your aim and body movement are seperate from eachother. Just an opinion.

Edit:
Also i hope they dont make this game an fps because that is the onlything occulus would work with.

YES!!!!!This is just what I need! Please make this happen!

Oculus rift is not for FPS only,and I guess when 2077 come out,Xbox 720 and PS4 would also be out,and 3d stereoscope game will be an standard.
Though Oculus rift can't afford as much as Nvidia pushs their 3dvision(which is a good thing )But I think after witcher2,everyone in projectCD already get use to design game with 3d stereoscope in mind.
So just one more step,VR device can be spported,and wouldn't hurt 3dvision support at all.

Top Bottom