Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
So by now most of you have read the response by CDPR head regards Cyberpunk being a 9/10 10/10 game as reviewed in PC games media. I think this pretty much paints a grim picture for anyone thinking CDPR are reflecting on the failures of Cyberpunk outside the console performance and bugs. There is not a "No Mans Sky" redemption story here.

Bragging about embargoed reviews, shameful.. Game is not nearly complete

V believes in you.
We will see a Version 3.0 some day.
V believes in Upgrades.png

So by now most of you have read the response by CDPR head regards Cyberpunk being a 9/10 10/10 game as reviewed in PC games media. I think this pretty much paints a grim picture for anyone thinking CDPR are reflecting on the failures of Cyberpunk outside the console performance and bugs. There is not a "No Mans Sky" redemption story here.

this is a disgrace. Does he really think we believe this? Excuses after excuses.
Let's completely forget about the 2018/2019 gameplay for now and just concentrate on what is in the game (or is not in the game):

- the endings are terribly written and are basically mostly the same, someone found out that about 90% of your decisions don't have any real impact on the world, there is zero replayability when it comes to enjoying the story at the moment
- the romances are too short and the LI's end up as furniture after you've fucked them. Ridiculous. The male LI's aren't even part of the main quest ffs
- The conflict between Evelyn and Dex or between the Voodoo Boys and Netwatch is set up so you expect hugely different results depending on who you support -> nothing happens. It looks like something was cut.
- Militech: It didn't really in the long run matter if I believed Meredith or betrayed her since the complete Militech arc simply dies after that one quest
- Cyberpsycho and Peralez quests are simply left dangling
- NCPD AI: no need to get into this, it's a bad joke
- perks and skills that you can buy but that can't be used in the game because there are no corresponding activities (diving, taking hostages etc) - There were obviously cut mechanics where they forgot to also cut the corresponing skills. Is this a joke? If you cut something, at least make it so nobody realizes there used to be soemthing there? This is beyond ridiculous.
- The sixth skill tree. I was saving skill points because I was expecting it to get activated at some point in the story, but this never happens - what is it doing there? Did they forget to cut it?
.-the crafting system is a bad joke. I invested 18 points into crafting in order to craft Legendary gear, but only ever got a handful of legendary blueprints even though I cleared the complete map. The number of EXP you get for crafting is also way to low and you can't even bulk craft. Is this supposed to be a well-rounded, complete crafting experience? Really?
-cars: handling like a bad joke, I only managed to win the races due to the ridiculous teleporting enemy AI...that was not enjoyable

...and so on. None of these points have anything to do with any promotional material. These are simply observations made while playing and they reveal so many half-baked systems, broken system, cut content etc...So don't tell me this game is complete and you're fine with it.

Journalists who gave the game 9/10, 10/10...well, I've lost a lot of trust in one or two gaming journalists in Germany who are usually very critical, but completely dropped the ball this time. I guess
a) their rose-tinted glasses were in the way
b) keys were sent out in the early days of December for PC, embargo fell on the 8th if I remember correctly - so they only had a few days to play the game and probably didn't manage to completely play it and see it fall apart -altough they did mock the skill trees. They all seemed to have been smitten by Johnny, so I guess they also forgave the V-related cut content and the terrible endings.

Being proud of positive reviews that were obviously manipulated by the time constraints...ok, if Metacritic is all that matters to you and the many many fans coming to this forum, Reddit, Youtube etc with legitimate concerns don't mean a thing to you...if that is your message..then don't expect to ever see one cent from me or my friends again. Word of mouth is also a weapon.

So they consider AI and NPC behavior as a bug. That is very good to know.

I don't think that's what it means due to the context of the question. He was asked if patches will be focused on bugs or bugs and improvements. The response was from a production standpoint they are viewed the same. In other words, AI behavior isn't a bug. AI behavior is an area they would potentially improve alongside bug fixes.

If you're wondering why I am pointing this out.... It'd probably make the most sense to think of anything CDPR says on the matter like reading a contract before signing it. It has to be analyzed down to the finest detail to make sure you're not getting fucked before slapping your signature on the dotted line.

I don't think that's what it means due to the context of the question. He was asked if patches will be focused on bugs or bugs and improvements. The response was from a production standpoint they are viewed the same. In other words, AI behavior isn't a bug. AI behavior is an area they would potentially improve alongside bug fixes.

If you're wondering why I am pointing this out.... It'd probably make the most sense to think of anything CDPR says on the matter like reading a contract before signing it. It has to be analyzed down to the finest detail to make sure you're not getting fucked before slapping your signature on the dotted line.

We all got fucked when when we handed over our 60 euros (or equivalent) to CDPR.

Wish you would have finished the game first, the backlash would be less. But I kind of understand sometimes it's difficult. Just don't sell fake news like "works great." We gamers respect long term commitment. It's a good game, when you finish it, might even be great.

We all got fucked when when we handed over our 60 euros (or equivalent) to CDPR.

Weird how you speak for everyone. I handed the money and I am glad. The game is awesome, it just needs some work on bugs and give them time to finish the parts of game that were supposed to be there from the start but that's financieres' mistake, not those who make games because they love it and I paid for their work since they were the only ones really creating the game. This is one of the best 2020 title and very challenging idea which pushes the possibilities further in the whole future gaming market, pioneers always get their asses kicked initially. The game was released too early but I'm not gonna judge a game based on initial release bugs. All games have those and all big titles would have been rated average if we only judged by this factor. The important thing for me is how they reacted and they reacted pretty well. Working on debugging, preparing free DLCs and free upgrades for next-gens which other companies often make you pay twice for the same game just to get 4K textures package. The game should have been pushed 2-3 months again and they should have not listened to gamers whining about the delay. Released when ready should be the only factor and that was their mistake and hopefully they learnt the lesson here.

@Lilayah and other CPDR members/workers.
I hope you guys will keep supporting the game and make it in to a solid game.

I to agree it should have been better at launch but what I red online there was a big pressure behind it.

I already love it while playing it on the PS4 Pro, I can easily say a little addicted even with crash once in a while.
Hope that will all be fixed soon.
Btw, there are many things to explorer in game but missing alot of movement/action in big empty regions.

So do your best and don't forget the people who bought the game and love to play it. And by that mean they support you.

I see many complains and unkind people swearing combined with lawsuits from over the world.
I really hope you guys stand and fix the most interesting game of the last couple of years!

Heads up everyone! Cyberpunk 2077 is not finished at this point but I am sure it WILL, and it will be an AMAZING game!

Well, considering it was generic PR speech, I wouldn't take it literally. They still can improve a lot outside of the quests. Optimize, rework mechanics, add better AI, improve interface and resource management, other quality of life improvements. I'm not saying it's definitely happening, but it's not entirely off the cards. Plus more stories with DLCs and expansions. More items. Extra customization of things, including looks. This isn't an unrealistic scenario. They promised not only bug fixes, but updates as well. What kind of updates? Remains to be seen.

OHH 100% agree with this.

It was open devolvement process. Even if they started with 100 features and only 40 made it to release on December 10 .

That is still the "finished game"

In my mind there is no "missing content" or "false advertising" there is just "ideas" that did not make it to the final cut .

People simply believe what they saw would be in the game . That's not the fault of the developers it on with people expectations without understanding of the open deveopment prosses and did not understand the game may not or included all the features and information that was shown.

pre-orders are a risk buying a game on day one is a risk. As everything is subject to change until release. If people bought in either case in my view that is not the fault of any developer's if they were disappointed.

This seems to validate the view I have been expressing above, stated form Dev
Adam Badowski

source

just stop lying to us plz , that is all we asked , is really that hard ?

Please do not speak for the entire community as your subjective opinions are not shared by everyone.

How can you commit to quality while using a so shocking misleading advertisement.
I'm stuck at the fact that : E3 2018 trailer was "fake". Basicaly, that makes this game project a scam, from the E2018 to release perspective.
You can't just make a video that shows non-existing product features, sell it and try to make it up afterward.
A demo is a demo not a cinematic trailer.
Anyway, corpos are corpos...
I will never pre-order a game ever.

Sources:

Last edited:
rather see cut content being brought back and have night city actually made ''interactive'' as you promised because right now its anything but that, its just a bland open world RPG thats it , sigh

Weird how you speak for everyone. I handed the money and I am glad. The game is awesome, it just needs some work on bugs and give them time to finish the parts of game that were supposed to be there from the start but that's financieres' mistake, not those who make games because they love it and I paid for their work since they were the only ones really creating the game. This is one of the best 2020 title and very challenging idea which pushes the possibilities further in the whole future gaming market, pioneers always get their asses kicked initially. The game was released too early but I'm not gonna judge a game based on initial release bugs. All games have those and all big titles would have been rated average if we only judged by this factor. The important thing for me is how they reacted and they reacted pretty well. Working on debugging, preparing free DLCs and free upgrades for next-gens which other companies often make you pay twice for the same game just to get 4K textures package. The game should have been pushed 2-3 months again and they should have not listened to gamers whining about the delay. Released when ready should be the only factor and that was their mistake and hopefully they learnt the lesson here.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

The term "we all" is relative. When I'm in a group of people, that refers to the group I'm in, not the entire human race. You do understand that, don't you?

And best of 2020... It's not like there is much competition.

Pioneers? How is this game pioneering? It's a run of the mill open world game, not something groundbreaking. It was INTENDED to be something groundbreaking, but it turned out as a upgraded Deus Ex.

I like the game, I do. It's just that all the bugs are making it impossible to enjoy. This game gives new meaning to the term "disasterpiece".

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

The term "we all" is relative. When I'm in a group of people, that refers to the group I'm in, not the entire human race. You do understand that, don't you?

And best of 2020... It's not like there is much competition.

Pioneers? How is this game pioneering? It's a run of the mill open world game, not something groundbreaking. It was INTENDED to be something groundbreaking, but it turned out as a upgraded Deus Ex.

I like the game, I do. It's just that all the bugs are making it impossible to enjoy. This game gives new meaning to the term "disasterpiece".

Nothing ground breaking? Have you played the game? This is THE most detailed, believable city in a game. Sure, you can't watch NPCs go about their lives (which seems to be a big complaint [...]). But who actually cares? You want to watch thousands of random unimportant NPCs walk to work? Take a dump? I don't get it. That will never happen in a single player game. The world is so immensely detailed there is NOTHING out there that is even comparable.

An upgraded Dues Ex? Dude, side quests in CP are the size of whole levels in the Deus Ex series. You also truly have a choice how to approach situations. Deus Ex always had limited options and conveniently placed ducts to make you feel like there was an open approach. But once you realize how limited the levels in those games are in comparison you'll realize how truly huge and ambitious CP is as a game.

What are you playing on that the bugs make it impossible to enjoy? I am on a 3 year old PC with a 1070 and I can almost max the game out at 2k (no RTX obviously) and it runs smooth. One crash to desktop in close to 70 hrs. I just exited a vehicle during a race and the game went to a black screen. Aside from that, it has been perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom